Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nigel de Jong dumped from Dutch squad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

FatherTed wrote: »

Another from the De Jong highlight reel:
    1se6jd.jpg

That's not another, that's just a gif of one that's already been posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

its not "another", its the same one thats come up numerous times in this thread?!

video of these regular horror tackles from De Jong must be thin on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The first one is a thundering disgrace & its strange the dutch manager didn't see fit to ban him after that one. but yet is so incensed after this latest innocuous one.

The other two are meh, the one against the US is a definate foul & yellow card, but thats it.

The other one ain't even a foul.

Its thats your "proof" he is a dirty player, i'm afraid you're failing in your intention.

Ah man! the 1st alone is enough to ban him from the game!

Horgan wrote: »
    Ah man! the 1st alone is enough to ban him from the game!

bit harsh, but yea its a shocker.

its no justification for launcing a witch hunt 3 months later over a nothing tackle though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Xavi6 wrote: »
    That's not another, that's just a gif of one that's already been posted.

sorry that I'm not a fast typer, Einstein.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I never said he did?

If I did feel free to point it out.

I know you are a city fan, but he is a tad over-aggressive at times.

If he was then he'd have a few red cards to his name I'd assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

So De Jong broke the leg on purpose?

Nobody said that, but he recent record is pretty damning...two broken legs and that horror tackle in the WC final. Also, he didn't seem too concerned for Ben Arfa, even when it was obvious he was in a lot of pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

bit harsh, but yea its a shocker.

its no justification for launcing a witch hunt 3 months later over a nothing tackle though.

A nothing tackle? For fúck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

If he was then he'd have a few red cards to his name I'd assume?
    Not really, I didn't say he was aggressive every week.

There has been three tackles posted so far, which all of them, probably deserved red cards.

He is a bit aggressive, but a fine player.

You also failed to point out where I said he did it every week?

Any more words you'd like to put in my mouth?

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    A nothing tackle? For fúck sake.

it was a nothing tackle.

Not really, I didn't say he was aggressive every week.

There has been three tackles posted so far, which all of them, probably deserved red cards.

He is a bit aggressive, but a fine player.

The Ben Arfa one, the only one that happened in a City shirt and in the Premier League (important when looking to retrospectively ban him), didn't deserve a card.
    You also failed to point out where I said he did it every week?

Any more words you'd like to put in my mouth?

Apologies, you didn't.

I felt it may have been the next pot shot so my attempt was to pre-empt it.

Here, have a Scholesy tackle by way of apology gesture :D;)

Sweet, well maybe this panel can have a look at Tiote's wild lunge on Milner that went unpunished. Or the 50 other similar tackles that go in on your average Premier League weekend.

And then let's hit up the lower tiers as well. There'll be bans all over the shop.

If it's as reckless as that, by all means..
    Not as often as some are making out do you see someone follow through with a trailing leg like De Jong did against Ben Arfa. Something needs to be done about him, tbh, he's already broken two legs and God knows what he would have done to Alonso if his foot was a few inches higher or Alonso was a few inches lower. Don't think I've seen your reply to that particular incident..?
    I wonder if the same tackle was made by the ginger aul fella in Utds midfield would you think the tackle was deserving of a retrospective ban?

I'm guessing not, cause we see tackles like that on an almost weekly basis from him.

The injury suffered, is regrettable, but when judging the tackle, entirely irrelevant.

Your point is irrelevant, because Scholes knows how to let someone know he's there without trying to decapitate them or without breaking their leg.

that tackle is way worse than De Jongs.

Your point is irrelevant, because Scholes knows how to let someone know he's there without trying to decapitate them or without breaking their leg.

yea, Xavi just showed us that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

The Ben Arfa one, the only one that happened in a City shirt and in the Premier League (important when looking to retrospectively ban him), didn't deserve a card.

Apologies, you didn't.

Scholes at least got a yellow for this troubles. Should have been RED.

What did De Jong get?

• Advertisement

Apologies, you didn't.

You can see that Scholes' right foot slips just as he goes to tackle. He didn't make half as much contact as the serial whinger Busquets made out.

Apologies, you didn't.

I never said he should be banned, I just said he's made some pretty bad tackles :o

No need for an apology, it's all just a discussion :D.

And it's quite clear there, that busqetts dived.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

What did De Jong get?

Nothing because he won the ball. Nothing wrong with De Jong's tackle at all. A good, hard tackle and Ben Arfa was just unlucky.

The video Xavi just posted, thats how?

You can quite clearly see his right foot goes a bit from under him. Deserved a yellow anyway. Not nearly as bad as De Jong because he did use his trailing leg.:confused:

Also, did he break his leg?

EDIT: I've reviewed it and decided that he was already gone in before the slippage. That point is mute.:P

yea, Xavi just showed us that.

:confused:

Scholes didn't decapitate him, or break his leg.

You actually just proved his point, while posting a video that was already posted.

• Advertisement

If it's as reckless as that, by all means..
    Not as often as some are making out do you see someone follow through with a trailing leg like De Jong did against Ben Arfa. Something needs to be done about him, tbh, he's already broken two legs and God knows what he would have done to Alonso if his foot was a few inches higher or Alonso was a few inches lower. Don't think I've seen your reply to that particular incident..?

My reply to the Alonso one? Didn't realise I was asked a question on it.

I've never tried to defend De Jong over it and it was a shocker, that's fairly obvious, but it's completely irrelevant to the Ben Arfa incident as a standalone tackle given that's how it should be judged.

You can see that Scholes' right foot slips just as he goes to tackle. He didn't make half as much contact as the serial whinger Busquets made out.

see, this is the sort of **** that makes your opinion on the De Jong tackle absolutely worthless.

Scholes slipped & Busquetts made a meal of it, but De Jongs was a disgrace & he should receive a retroactive ban. ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That scholes tackle aint bad, doesnt actually make much contact with buckets!, and as said his right slips off the ground

You have got to be kidding me.

What did De Jong get?

Nothing because it wasn't a foul, i.e. Scholes' was clearly worse.
    :confused:

Scholes didn't decapitate him, or break his leg.

You actually just proved his point, while posting a video that was already posted.

So the only bad tackles are ones that result in broken legs?

Karl Henry is waving behind you.

see, this is the sort of **** that makes your opinion on the De Jong tackle absolutely worthless.

Scholes slipped & Busquetts made a meal of it, but De Jongs was a disgrace & he should receive a retroactive ban. ridiculous.

I've already taken it back. But lads, don't let that stop ye're little tirade.:)
    'Tis great fun.

Nothing because it wasn't a foul, i.e. Scholes' was clearly worse.

So the only bad tackles are ones that result in broken legs?

Karl Henry is waving behind you.
    I never said it wasn't a bad tackle, it certainly was.

But I was just pointing out to Alan that he didn't break his leg, or decaptiate him, as he claimed he did.

Karl Henry is just as bad, if not worse than De Jong.

He has had a red card coming to him for the last few weeks, should have gotten one in the match vs Newcastle.

Also, did he break his leg?

totally irrelevant.

I honestly can't see how Scholes' is wrose, tbh. He barely makes contact, the conact he does make is with Busquets' left foot, no where near his shin and his left leg is nowhere near him. No chance of a breakage there.

But I was just pointing out to Alan that he didn't break his leg, or decaptiate him, as he claimed he did.

eh.....show me where i did that please?

I honestly can't see how Scholes' is wrose, tbh.

simple.

one was a foul, one wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

LOL at the over-reaction to this challange from people purely based on the unfortunate results. I mean the difference between himself and Scholes is he's carrying far more momentum into challanges due to his larger frame and so probably has a higher chance of injuring someone but this isn't his fault. As people have said you could pick a handful of worse tackles from the weekend.

Crazy decision from the Dutch coach, wouldn't be surprised if it was slightly racially motivated.

simple.

one was a foul, one wasn't.

Really? Jaysus I'd never have guessed.

De Jong was a better tackle in terms of getting the ball, but it was a lot more malicious than Scholes'. If Busquets has have just got on with it rather than rolling around like a girl, Scholes would have just been told off, because there wasn't as much to it as you're making out to be.

eh.....show me where i did that please?
    Baz made a comment saying that scholes knows to tackle without decapitating or breaking someones leg.

You then posted a video to prove otherwise, even though he clearly didn't break a leg, or decapitate him.

A lot of your posts would be better off in the CT forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

de Jong has studs up towards Arfa's right ankle. That makes it a foul for me. If it had been a planted foot the damage would have been to the other leg.

Rekop dog wrote: »

Crazy decision from the Dutch coach, wouldn't be surprised if it was slightly racially motivated.

Last thing we need in this thread is an argument about racism thrown into the mix.:pac:
    Suppose is a slight possibility, though, with him keeping Van Bommel.

Van Bommel hasn't made such a high profile tackle in while, even if he's a scumbag on the field. Does Marveljik(sp?) have a history or racism?

Baz made a comment saying that scholes knows to tackle without decapitating or breaking someones leg.

You then posted a video to prove otherwise, even though he clearly didn't break a leg, or decapitate him.

A lot of your posts would be better off in the CT forum.

Baz said scholes knows how to let someone know he's there without decapitating or breaking their leg.

i said, "i know, we saw the video of how" ie. just ****ing cleeves them out of it with a bad tackle

and someone thats me saying he decapitates people or breaks their leg?

are you ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Last thing we need in this thread is an argument about racism thrown into the mix.:pac:
    Suppose is a slight possibility, though, with him keeping Van Bommel.

Van Bommel hasn't made such a high profile tackle in while, even if he's a scumbag on the field. Does Marveljik(sp?) have a history or racism?

I mean it's not completely far fetched. There's always been racial divides in the Dutch team and partly the reason for there lack of success in the past. It's that baffling an ommision from the squad IMO that leads me to think there's something else to it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,394 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

De Jong is a dirty player, why is this even an argument? He did it for 3 years in Germany and he's continued it in England.

He doesn't deserve a paycheck for what he does. He's my least favourite player ever(not including the Chelski wife cheaters).

I've never wished injury on someone but it's about time someone broke that cnuts leg to see how he likes it, maybe he'll calm down then.

i said, "i know, we saw the video of how" ie. just ****ing cleeves them out of it with a bad tackle

That's how ya do it, though.:pac:
    I love to see players doing it, it's one of the things that makes me watch English and Irish football rather than Spanish/Italian/German.
    One of the main fabrics of the game, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

My reply to the Alonso one? Didn't realise I was asked a question on it.

I've never tried to defend De Jong over it and it was a shocker, that's fairly obvious, but it's completely irrelevant to the Ben Arfa incident as a standalone tackle given that's how it should be judged.

Tackle may be irrelevant to the Ben Arfa incident but it's relevant to the thread.De Jong makes his fair share of bad tackles.Van Marwijk has dropped him over all of those rather than just the one.He's been warned before over it before and this is his punishment.The ban may be a reaction to the Ben Arfa incident but I'm certain he weighed up how reckless De Jong has been with some challenges before.

Really? Jaysus I'd never have guessed.

De Jong was a better tackle in terms of getting the ball, but it was a lot more malicious than Scholes'. If Busquets has have just got on with it rather than rolling around like a girl, Scholes would have just been told off, because there wasn't as much to it as you're making out to be.

Or, and bear with me cause this is a bit wild, he was rolling around because he was chopped down and was in pain?

Far fetched I know but just try go with it.
    Oatesy23 wrote: »

I've never wished injury on someone but it's about time someone broke that cnuts leg to see how he likes it, maybe he'll calm down then.

So basically you've never wished injury on a player but you'll make an exception in De Jong's case?

How nice of you :rolleyes:

Or, and bear with me cause this is a bit wild, he was rolling around because he was chopped down and was in pain?

Far fetched I know but just try go with it.

It is fairly far fetched when Busquets was holding his shin when Scholes barely made contact with his foot.:confused:
    I don't think anyone can defend Busquets, he's one of the worst in the game for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,394 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

So basically you've never wished injury on a player but you'll make an exception in De Jong's case?

Boom, homer from Xavi.

Going to add it to my prayers tonight along with City offering us another €20 million for one of our unimportant players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

the amount of leg breaks is irrelevant Scholes has caused is irrelevant, simple fact is Scholes does the kinda tackles De Jong did at the weekend, week in week out.

i'll repeat this, the broken leg is irrelevant.

You've officially lost the plot. I've seen some shíte spouted by you, and believe me it's a mountain of faecal matter, but that takes the biscuit.

De Jong went in to the tackle with the intent to go through the man, and he has done so before.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Boom, homer from Xavi.

Going to add it to my prayers tonight along with City offering us another €20 million for one of our unimportant players.

Sweet if you have any more Kompanys and Boatengs over there as well all you need do is holler and we'll fire some loose change in your direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

The ban means nothing when Van Bommel still plays for them. Hes worse than De Jong. I mean some of the " tackles" that guy got away with in the CL and WC were unreal. Double standards by the coach IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Baz said scholes knows how to let someone know he's there without decapitating or breaking their leg.

and someone thats me saying he decapitates people or breaks their leg?

are you ok?

This thread????

A thread a Dutch player being dropped because of a tackle in a City vrs Newcastle match???

I tune in and by page 4 you've managed to introduce a United vrs Liverpool slant.

I doff my cap to thee sir, well done indeed.

Sweet if you have any more Kompanys and Boatengs over there as well all you need do is holler and we'll fire some loose change in your direction.

Who ever said that money would go to City fans heads?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

De Jong is one bad tackle away from finishing someone's career. He is a pitbull in the middle of the pitch and is a very dirty player. Some coaches tolerate having players like that in a win at all costs mentality whereas others dont. Roy Keane is the obvious comparison. You get exactly what it says on the tin with De Jong. His methods are crude and at times barbaric. Personally I agree with what the Dutch coach has done. Holland got a lot of negative press after the WC and given their "total football" history, I think he is just trying to bring Holland back to the beautiful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Warper wrote: »
    De Jong is one bad tackle away from finishing someone's career. He is a pitbull in the middle of the pitch and is a very dirty player. Some coaches tolerate having players like that in a win at all costs mentality whereas others dont. Roy Keane is the obvious comparison. You get exactly what it says on the tin with De Jong. His methods are crude and at times barbaric. Personally I agree with what the Dutch coach has done. Holland got a lot of negative press after the WC and given their "total football" history, I think he is just trying to bring Holland back to the beautiful game.

How can you agree with the coach when Van Bommel is still in the team? I remember that game against Uruguay right before the first dutch goal VB could have broken one lads leg(can't remember who it was) with a high foot to the knee! It wasn't even given as a free kick! The wrong guy got booted from the squad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement