Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croníns Pub on Fire in Macroom

Options
  • 04-10-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Just heard on the radio that Croníns pub in the square was badly damaged in a fire this morning, anyone hear anything about this? There's not much info online about it but the news made it sound as if it was burnt to the ground.

Hope it's not as bad as it makes it out to be, Croníns was a decent enough spot and Macroom could do without loosing a good pub like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

Just saw a pic of it there on a friends fb page and it looks gutted tbh, roof is gone an all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have passed it. The place is gutted. Fire gone through roof. The Solictor's office above it looks destroyed as well. As far as I know no one was hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Miaireland wrote: »
    I have passed it. The place is gutted. Fire gone through roof. The Solictor's office above it looks destroyed as well. As far as I know no one was hurt.

Wow! It must have happened very early in the morning, I passed the Square at 7:00 and there was no smoke at all, I presumed that the fire brigades were attending a water problem!

Real pity, Croníns was a nice enough spot, hope they get things back up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

Back Up and running last Saturday night but in another premises across the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Spinnaker wrote: »
    Back Up and running last Saturday night but in another premises across the street.

Wow, never heard about that. Where's the new premises exactly? I didn't realise there was an empty pub across the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It's where Marion's bar used to be. It is next to Brown's drapery.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

And have to add "fair play !! "

Advertisement