Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City to Barna - City Direct

Options
  • 04-10-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

Sorry guys, City Direct's website is down again (went in through JM's great transport site and separately) and I need to find out about a bus to Barna from town on Wed.

1. Need to be there (Barna Village) 6.15ish
    2. If possible would like to catch bus on Bishop O'Donnell Rd, or Threadneedle rd.

Will be carrying heavy stuff, so prefer not to lug it from source to town.

Anyone know this route well? Think it's a number 35 and that there's one around 6, but not sure if it goes via Rahoon, Kingston, etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

you need to call them. They changed their routes recently. The cut some other routes. I just go to the bus-stop now and hope for the best. They have no website, no up to date timetables. Disaster.

Call them - I waited over an hour one day for a bus - they had cut the route and not advertised it. Very unreliable lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Been trying to ring them for 2 hours, that's why I posted :(

Wait..12th time a charm:rolleyes:

Just got them, 6pm from Eyre Sq, and supposedly goes via Bishop O'Donnell

Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Russian Blue

Where in eyre square do you get the bus? And how much is it, anyone know?

I *think* it is on the left, beside the taxi rank. The bus stops are numbered, afaik, the bus goes up an around to head back out west.
    Normal fare is 180 for short haul but may be more to Barna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The main city bus stops map shows where - it's the Stad bus stop at the north side of the Square.

They gave me fare information a while ago, but the Stage 1&2 info only included the weekly and monthly ticket costs, not the daily one :-( But if I apply the same pricing model in reverse the trip to Barna would be E3.20 or maybe E3.30

Rather annoying that they've changed routes without any publicity (I noticed a 34 labelled Ballymoneen Rd the other day and wondered what was going on). Might try chasing them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

i think some buses only go as far as ballymoneen road now, and others don't go to ballymooneen but go to cappagh - there are definitely routes being cut. For instance I am not sure if you can get down past the Galway Bay Hotel now in the morning - there used to be a bus going down there, and one going down the Rahoon side into town, but I think some of those have been cut.

they really need to get their act together before some other company decides to be efficient and run them out of town.

Remember, the public are fickle, more fickle now than ever, and will not show any loyalty if they are being screwed around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

city direct are awful in my experience.as someone who used the service from day 1 from cappagh road i found them to be so unreliable and they really couldnt give a crap about it either.the amount of times i waited on buses from the cappagh road going into town and 3,yes 3 buses would come but of course none of them were taking passangers,guestering that another bus was coming etc.

so so so glad i started to drive.patience were wearing very thin.

Advertisement