Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which "treat myself" whisk(e)y?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

I've just got to say that the Redbreast 15 is truly amazing stuff. I am not able to give proper tasting notes, but to me it tasted the way I have always imagined that certain foods should taste, but never do - things like butterscotch, creme caramel, etc.

This probably doesn't make sense to anyone else, and I'm sure I'm missing plenty, but this has been quite a discovery for me. I've never had anything like it, nor was I aware that whiskey got this nice. Thanks again. I'll be sure to check out the others mentioned in this thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Bruce7 wrote: »
    I've just got to say that the Redbreast 15 is truly amazing stuff. I am not able to give proper tasting notes, but to me it tasted the way I have always imagined that certain foods should taste, but never do - things like butterscotch, creme caramel, etc.

This probably doesn't make sense to anyone else, and I'm sure I'm missing plenty, but this has been quite a discovery for me. I've never had anything like it, nor was I aware that whiskey got this nice. Thanks again. I'll be sure to check out the others mentioned in this thread too.

Everyone's taste is different, but I'd say you've started with the best there. Although you could try to get one of the earlier versions, which are generally accepted as being nicer. Also, the Jameson 15 Millennium comes close (well, it might exceed it for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Brockagh wrote: »
    ..., but I'd say you've started with the best there...

Just about to say something along those line too :)

Delighted it was all and more that you expected ...

Perfect sence ... that's what whiskey is all about ... the multitude of flavours milling around in the different brands ... and even the same whiskey can deliver different tastes to different palates

Possibly don't look to equal your experience on every whiskey as you maybe slightly dissappointed. However always remember the price. As an example take Jameson 12yo at about half the price ... I reckon it is better than half the experience for the price.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Possibly don't look to equal your experience on every whiskey as you maybe slightly dissappointed. However always remember the price. As an example take Jameson 12yo at about half the price ... I reckon it is better than half the experience for the price.

Equally, midleton is not going to be twice the experience, nor would a bottle of that Dalmore 1960s be 100x the experience.

The best thing* about whiskey is that very often, a €40 can rival a €200 bottle.

*, Ok, well not the best thing, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

BeerNut wrote: »
    DrinkStore has it too, €44.95.

Sweenys in phibsboro are doing it for 40e

Advertisement