Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The door-to-door / commission-only jobs thread (super dooper mega merge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The above post just about sums up exactly what these companies are about , if you were to read any post this is the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

ladder wrote: »
    But I do feel sorry for B he was a really good guy and put alot of hard work in he deserves better, but like all of us we were told run it that way and if you dont you will fail

Well done on the success of your company anyway... its hard to start up a business in this day and age, so fair play to you.

B was a good guy, and worked hard at the start... but i dont really feel sorry for him because of the way he treated employees, including myself. But I really do hope he does well in his current work for the sake of his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

for anyone that wants to know,the perdm office in pery square limerick is now woeking under the name of CMS Aquisitions,so avoid them if offered a place there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gilly202

Tragedy wrote: »
    Impala Direct (as protea are now known) are still advertising jobs in the same way.

can you give mee any insight to impla direct seen this forum and it doesn't look to good ..i applied for the b2b position and was wondering do they make you be an independent contracter like the other marketing compaines

gilly202 wrote: »
    can you give mee any insight to impla direct seen this forum and it doesn't look to good ..i applied for the b2b position and was wondering do they make you be an independent contracter like the other marketing compaines

What do you think ? Of course it will be on the same dreadful T&C's as all the others. They may dress it up but fundamentally no different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Buzz84

Has anyone heard of a company D.S.M have got offered a position doing B2B and would really like some info on these guys.

Itt will be selling Energia

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Buzz84 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of a company D.S.M have got offered a position doing B2B and would really like some info on these guys

hi was a guy called donal?

hi was a guy called donal?

No I dont think so, not positive though. Their office is in Thurles and the client is Energia.

oh right, well 20/5e for every customer, however u are up against all ready cause their office staff are ringing households, only do it if u really must, 2 many off these companys come and go,

oh right, well 20/5e for every customer, however u are up against all ready cause their office staff are ringing households, only do it if u really must, 2 many off these companys come and go,

Energia only sell to business

• Advertisement

even harder.

Any info on DSM/Energia anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bringbackrafa

These companies are a disgrace. I have had two interviews recently with 2 different companies. Neither mentioned door to door in the job description and then in the interview they said it will be a bit of door to door. Me being the fool that I am accepted but when I thought about it further and read other peoples views online about the jobs I didn't bother turning up for either of my first days work. I don't know why I even applied for the second company. Shocking hours too. 12-8 mon-fri and 10-6 saturday. How can they get away with it!! Jobs.ie should be ashamed of themselves allowing false advertising by companies and letting these companies take over the Marketing/Sales section of their site. I'm sure I am not the only one who fell for this

It's not just the Sales and marketing section of jobs.ie that is polluted with these guys - far as I can see other sections on that site are the same. Jobs.ie perhaps aren't aware of how bad these ads make them look ....then again perhaps they just don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hiyoo92

Told I have an interview with "Simple Sales and Marketing" tomorrow. Anyone have some decent information about them? Like what sort of work do they carry out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

hiyoo92 wrote: »
    Told I have an interview with "Simple Sales and Marketing" tomorrow. Anyone have some decent information about them? Like what sort of work do they carry out?

here we go again. Generally what have you been told about the company prior to your interview. ANY good company will be happy to share info with you via their reputable website or over the phone. also a simple google search of the company should yield a solo check of who the directors are and where it operates from and if it is part of another company.

Read the thread as I've already advised - all answers will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AndyM2000

Hi everyone I've rooted through this thread but I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I'm starting a new job with FMI tomorrow (Basic 9e plus commission) and if anyone could give me any information on it that would be great! :)

More specifically if anyone knows anything about:

Out of interest what products/services do you sell door to door?

Can I expect to earn much more on commission?

Do u work in a team or do you spend the entire day on your own?

Cheers everyone!

its door to door for vodafone, terrrible people to work for.....

vodafone are a really bad product to sell,60-80% of the sales that you get will probably fail and you wont get paid for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

AndyM2000 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I've rooted through this thread but I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I'm starting a new job with FMI tomorrow (Basic 9e plus commission) and if anyone could give me any information on it that would be great! :)

More specifically if anyone knows anything about:

Out of interest what products/services do you sell door to door?

Can I expect to earn much more on commission?

Do u work in a team or do you spend the entire day on your own?

Cheers everyone!

Hey AndyM2000 if the company youre on about are offering a basic from the start then I doubt its one of the companies talked about on this thread. There is actually a lot of genuine sales companies out there who do treat their workers right, these other companies give them a bad rap but there not all the same. Usually with a basic there will be a quota of say 20sales a week to keep receiving your basic then anything you earn over that will be commission.
    In proper sales jobs you can earn a lot of money very fast as long as your good at it, usually if youre even just a chatty outgoing person you will earn a fortune, you will also usually work alone aswel but you will report to a team leader or someone similar.
    Ive never heard of that specific company so thats probably a good thing.
    Id say check it out and if youre definately going to get a basic id give it a go if I were you.
    Best of luck either way :)

Edit: hey I found this link for you aswel, its all about FMI, by the looks of it theyre definately not one of the companies on this thread. Give them a go id say, hope this helps!

http://www.fmi.ie/home/

statomosh wrote: »
    vodafone are a really bad product to sell,60-80% of the sales that you get will probably fail and you wont get paid for them.

the vodafone at home product is not to bad, (when it works) much cheaper than eircom :)

sorry,i meant that vodafone fail alot of sales for stupid things that you have no control over.i was on a crew of 6 or 7 people selling it and 60-80% of sales failed to go through with little or no explainaation of why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Been offered a sales job,I believe fully in the product but it is commission only,It also requires alot of travel and running a car these days costs big money,I feel if the company believes in me and the product there should be a basic salary,Anywho do you think Commission only jobs are a waste of time?

P.S I'm home from London a couple of months,I have been in sales management the last 7 years,I feel I'm
    Not inexperienced

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Turned down a commission only job with "blue steel acquisitions" door to door job selling aitricity in Cork after reading this thread and what i heard in the grapevine about it. Was told €28 per sale but if the job was any good they'd just pay a solid wage instead of commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AppleTartFace

I've just read the majority of this thread, and I've been conned too :/ I have an interview with Billsave.ie, a paid sales internship, on Monday. Does anyone think this is genuine at all? Or am I being told lies? It's just I haven't seen their name pop up here yet. Interview Monday, then if successful, a 4 day induction where I get taught how to sell, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Thank god for this thread!

Got a call yesterday from Clearwater Advertising for some sales job I don't even remember applying for (I apply for anything on Jobs.ie and worry about it if I ever got a call back)

I had heard these Marketing companys where a scam but I thought it was just long hours and awful pay, not long hours and no pay only commission!

I couldn't find a Clearwater website so I typed in Clearwater Advertising and found this thread and after reading through most of it I'm shocked at the storys.

Anyway I didn't go to the interview today and I got 2 calls of Clearwater this morning which I never answered, I texted a message to a number that text me yesterday telling me the directions to the company telling them they can keep their 'job' that I'm not interested, really disgusting people these.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AppleTartFace

Same thing happened to me with Clearwater, I had applied to so many jobs on Jobs.ie, and when they rang me up for an interview, I couldn't remember applying, I checked my profile for previous applications, and actually hadn't applied to them at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kaffir Boetie

I've just read the majority of this thread, and I've been conned too :/ I have an interview with Billsave.ie, a paid sales internship, on Monday. Does anyone think this is genuine at all? Or am I being told lies? It's just I haven't seen their name pop up here yet. Interview Monday, then if successful, a 4 day induction where I get taught how to sell, basically.

Hi,

Did you go for the interview in the end? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

I have an interview with these as well. Im 50/50 on whether or not its a scam. Ive read through most of this thread but their not really mentioned much. But they have ads up all over the place, same position just different wording. The one I applied on line for was titled "Paid sales internship" but when I phoned them the girl (very well spoken D4 type) admitted it was knocking on doors selling airtricity.

I don't want to be coming on here like an eejit, registering and asking "Hi, I have an interview with xyz marketing" I have tried to do as much research into this company but the best thing would be real advice / opinions from others that have frequented this thread. This billsave.ie crowd don't seem at all like the whole 'Cobra' type cult places that ive read on this thread but something just doesnt feel right. They have a fairly slick looking website, and make promises of "€2000 worth of training provided" "free trip to amsterdam" but at the end of the day its a commission only door knocking job. Something just doesnt add up and i dont know if i should waste the trip & petrol money for the interview.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

• Advertisement

In fairness to Billsave they are , as far as I know , not connected in any way with the ' Cobra ' or ' Pyramid ' type operations this thread is about.

That said , they pay staff commission only and sell the same products so I don't think theres a whole lot of difference.

Cobra operations never re-imburse any expenses to staff - I have no idea what the Billsave policy is in this area.

Advertisement