Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The door-to-door / commission-only jobs thread (super dooper mega merge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

How could u earn 100% comm??

I think he means that if you work for yourself all the profits are yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Yeah but I don't think, Vodafone or whoever who allow that if so we'd all do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Sure you could probably argue that the majority of jobs are 100% comm...

It started years ago. Called wages. Crazy idea. You get set amounts of money and do work in return. Sometimes you even get bonuses...

Get this...when you are sick...some of these jobs actually still pay you! Insane stuff lads...I'm sure the pro-commision people in here will be reeling upon hearing this news...its groundbreaking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

El Spearo wrote: »

It started years ago. Called wages. Crazy idea. You get set amounts of money and do work in return. Sometimes you even get bonuses...

Get this...when you are sick...some of these jobs actually still pay you! Insane stuff lads...I'm sure the pro-commision people in here will be reeling upon hearing this news...its groundbreaking stuff.

i heard that some companies not only let you take holidays but they also give you holiday pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Well no you couldn't really as you wouldn't be getting 100% of what ever it is.

If you work in a shop do you get 100% of the sales in wages? No you don't

• Advertisement

lala88 wrote: »
    Well no you couldn't really as you wouldn't be getting 100% of what ever it is.

If you work in a shop do you get 100% of the sales in wages? No you don't

So you cannot spot either the obvious joke that I made there of the more subtle joke that 100% commision jobs are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GazL0871117

Agent J has gone very quiet

Can you hear that?... The wonderful sound of silence!

Clearly delighted that someone who really knew what they were talking about found something better than to feed you...

Clearly delighted that someone who really knew what they were talking about found something better than to feed you...

If he knew better then everyone why has he stopped posting then? Dont think we need to look to far to find a new one

If he knew better then everyone why has he stopped posting then? Dont think we need to look to far to find a new one

Ah here I'm done listenin to ye're nonsense anyway.

100% commision based work is sould destroying, but its also yer choice. g'luck

• Advertisement

Ah here I'm done listenin to ye're nonsense anyway.

100% commision based work is sould destroying, but its also yer choice. g'luck

Yet another topical boards posters. You dont agree with what i have to say so im not going to talk to you anymore.

So your saying no one should set up a business is it? Doing that you work 100% commission. But of course you'll over look that as if wont fit into your theory

Yet another topical boards posters. You dont agree with what i have to say so im not going to talk to you anymore.

So your saying no one should set up a business is it? Doing that you work 100% commission. But of course you'll over look that as if wont fit into your theory

This is why you are talking nonsense.

You are comparing entrepreneurs to those who only because of loop holes are no employees.

I've done both. Working as an 'independent contractor' and within a business set up by myself. The two are so different, its hilarious that you should compare working 100% to self employed...and thus my participation is being severed here. as I said...g'luck.

This is why you are talking nonsense.

You are comparing entrepreneurs to those who only because of loop holes are no employees.

I've done both. Working as an 'independent contractor' and within a business set up by myself. The two are so different, its hilarious that you should compare working 100% to self employed...and thus my participation is being severed here. as I said...g'luck.

Also like a true boards poster you have an answer to everything and everything you say has to be right...

Also taught you were going after the last post

Also like a true boards poster you have an answer to everything and everything you say has to be right...

Also taught you were going after the last post

*thought - and yes I am resorting to correcting your grammer because I couldn't possibly overcome you in a debate...i bow to your superior intelligence oh great and wonderful leader...that should suit your cult side :P

ps - you realise you are also a boards poster right? a couple of hundred times over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

To be honest, some of ye guys remind me of cult followers and considering you can't/won't see how these jobs are scams then there is little to discuss, is there?

*thought - and yes I am resorting to correcting your grammer because I couldn't possibly overcome you in a debate...i bow to your superior intelligence oh great and wonderful leader...that should suit your cult side :P

ps - you realise you are also a boards poster right? a couple of hundred times over?

You talking about yourself there?

Yes but you fall into the category of poster they want. Im surprised you havent been made a mod as your one sided bias view on things is just want they want

You talking about yourself there?

Yes but you fall into the category of poster they want. Im surprised you havent been made a mod as your one sided bias view on things is just want they want

tinfoil-hat.jpg

How many posts have you made now since you said you were going to leave?

How many posts have you made now since you said you were going to leave?

enough to bother you it seems :D xoxox

enough to bother you it seems :D xoxox

I think its you thats bothered as your still replying

• Advertisement

I think its you thats bothered as your still replying

so who is lala? aged 24/25...working in a commision job...what brought you to this juncture in your life? have you done it long?

so who is lala? aged 24/25...working in a commision job...what brought you to this juncture in your life? have you done it long?

Seen it as something to offer people. Been doing it for over a year now

Seen it as something to offer people. Been doing it for over a year now

but when there are options to work with a wage, why do commision only...

no security what so ever...no protection....nothing that benefits you. instead someone is rubbing their hands together delighted that you are taking the risk instead of them? like...why?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Some people have no choice el speari

but when there are options to work with a wage, why do commision only...

no security what so ever...no protection....nothing that benefits you. instead someone is rubbing their hands together delighted that you are taking the risk instead of them? like...why?

Can work my own hours, no one told tell me when to work 2 fairly big benefits. no matter what job you do someone is rubbing their hands as you make money for them

Can work my own hours, no one told tell me when to work 2 fairly big benefits. no matter what job you do someone is rubbing their hands as you make money for them

Okay that I accept...but at least I know if im sick that lad has to pay me! and also has to pay me when i have a bad day...i just accept that when i have a great day he is going to pay me the same...

I just cant comprehend it...I've done both types of work, and just could not stomach going back to commision only. Now I don't buy 'thats its not for everone' because thats mind games to try make people feel superior for doing the sh!t work.

I remember seeing a poster in the office "doing what people dont want to do today, so I dont have to do what they do tomorrow"....what a pile of brown! Its convincing people to do that crap jobs today, and saying screw you tomorrow when their stuffed.

Okay that I accept...but at least I know if im sick that lad has to pay me! and also has to pay me when i have a bad day...i just accept that when i have a great day he is going to pay me the same...

I just cant comprehend it...I've done both types of work, and just could not stomach going back to commision only. Now I don't buy 'thats its not for everone' because thats mind games to try make people feel superior for doing the sh!t work.

I remember seeing a poster in the office "doing what people dont want to do today, so I dont have to do what they do tomorrow"....what a pile of brown! Its convincing people to do that crap jobs today, and saying screw you tomorrow when their stuffed.

Yes thats a disadvantage but you can get cover etc for that should anything happen to you sure its added cost.

I idea of doing this is to build up a contact list for down the line should i start a business of my own

Yes thats a disadvantage but you can get cover etc for that should anything happen to you sure its added cost.

I idea of doing this is to build up a contact list for down the line should i start a business of my own

yeah, look to be honest and all joking aside, if you want to set up your own business just take the money and save it. Noone in that line of business cares about anyone other than themselves. They only help if it helps them. The whole thing is rotten. If you don't see it now, I wish you could trust my opinion enough to to take me at my word.

If you want to start a business, funding it through a sh!t job is fair enough. But dont bank on anyone helping. Your better just to take the plunge yourself.

As a matter of interest what kind of business would you set up?

yeah, look to be honest and all joking aside, if you want to set up your own business just take the money and save it. Noone in that line of business cares about anyone other than themselves. They only help if it helps them. The whole thing is rotten. If you don't see it now, I wish you could trust my opinion enough to to take me at my word.

If you want to start a business, funding it through a sh!t job is fair enough. But dont bank on anyone helping. Your better just to take the plunge yourself.

As a matter of interest what kind of business would you set up?

Im not doing with a sales company but with the company themselves. Had been doing Business sales with Airtricity for a few months built up a contact list then used that contact list with Vodafone. Playing again on changing to Imagine as to offer a one off payment and a payment after for as long as they stay with them

Im thinking of something along the lines of office and cleaning supplies

• Advertisement

Im not doing with a sales company but with the company themselves. Had been doing Business sales with Airtricity for a few months built up a contact list then used that contact list with Vodafone. Playing again on changing to Imagine as to offer a one off payment and a payment after for as long as they stay with them

Im thinking of something along the lines of office and cleaning supplies

Well thats easy to get cracking with...get onto wholesale in china and boom...easy...

i wish you the best, and beg you to act with caution when dealing with these crowds.

Advertisement