Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The door-to-door / commission-only jobs thread (super dooper mega merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭misstierney

He got one sale! Was "spoused" several times, a term I had never heard of before (where one spouse feigns interest and before they sign up the other spouse appears at the door and tells them they aren't interested).

I think I will introduce him to this forum and let him see that all these marketing companies is the same. He is quite sure that for the first couple of weeks he will receive the €288 regardless of sales, after then there will be a huge push for sales and he should be experienced enough to get sales.

The abuse from some people is shocking, I live in an apartment complex so never get d2d's so maybe if my door was being knocked on frequently I might have a different opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

GodlikeRed wrote: »
    Even at that you are wrong my friend, nobody last in those kind of places (1+year) without the owners giving them a basic wage(on the sly) to make them stay!! They do this to pretend like you can make a decent consistent living off commission only.
    That's not true at all. The only people who make a wage are admins, even an owner's income is dictated by commission.

What I did was tell my admin to give me a set amount every week (Lets say X euros). I usually make more than X euros so Y goes into a savings account.

This week I got the flu so I couldn't work. I still got that X euro that I need, just taken out of the Y account. Commission works if you let it. I don't live week to week like, there's money going into the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 freelance2013

Moromaster wrote: »
    What I did was tell my admin to give me a set amount every week (Lets say X euros). I usually make more than X euros so Y goes into a savings account.

This week I got the flu so I couldn't work. I still got that X euro that I need, just taken out of the Y account. Commission works if you let it. I don't live week to week like, there's money going into the bank.

I love that saving scheme - where the owner keeps your money for you and earns interest on it only to give it back to you when you are sick and don't have the benefit of sick leave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Are SalesSense still around? Another bunch of cowboys who hid under the fast they gave a wage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

It's hard opening the door around here in the evening, so many hopeful Vodafone broadband sales people. This is the fourth batch in 6 weeks or so!! I feel so sorry for these guys, they were out in the rain this evening and no one was answering the door. Soul destroying for people willing to work.

I'm starting to advise them to take temping contracts for a recruitment agency. Maybe you won't have work every week but you get paid 10 to 12 euros every hour they work, and the agencies are a lot better to deal with. Money in the bank the following week. (You don't get paid lunch, but that's not bad compared with commission only).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Some people come into this work thinking they will earn a fortune, king communication pay 50 a sale good comm if u sell ten a week sounds easy ehh? Far from it me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

That's not true at all. The only people who make a wage are admins, even an owner's income is dictated by commission.

I guess they told you that right.
    A former admin told me that the long term members who are not owners ARE on a set wage, you'll know the ones 'oh i've been here for 4 years'. They're just there to pretend like you can live off commission only.
    I noticed from your previous post you are working in one of those places at the moment. You really should leave, you're going to waste your time knoking on doors & not make > minimum wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

A former admin told me that the long term members who are not owners ARE on a set wage, you'll know the ones 'oh i've been here for 4 years'. They're just there to pretend like you can live off commission only.
    I noticed from your previous post you are working in one of those places at the moment. You really should leave, you're going to waste your time knoking on doors & not make > minimum wage.

And veryyyyy possibly make well UNDER min wage!

I know I did.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dhegarty

Any jobs that is paid on commission is a complete waste of time and a complete money recket which leaves a person out of pocket big time. Made huge mistakes financially and now as i speak by going Self employed which was a huge huge mistake i am now in danger of losing my car and my house.

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Stonky

Is there some law against door to door sales after dark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Stonky wrote: »

their should be laws against it full stop, I understand in this economy , but these companys are big scams, and the young people doing it are bigger fools
    my neighbour even has a sign up on his door saying,

No Junk Mail
    No Sales people :pac:

everyone laughs about it,
    the lads looking to sell walk up to his door and see it, then walk back out looking mad haha
    then if someone ignores it an knocks, he gives them terrible abuse :pac: they deserve it for being fools for being involved in such a scam, that does nothing but annoy people having to answer the door every week
    you dont ever get a word in, they give you their full speech , you'd often have to close the door on them
    they ALWAYS knock when I have me dinner

dhegarty wrote: »
    Any jobs that is paid on commission is a complete waste of time and a complete money recket which leaves a person out of pocket big time. Made huge mistakes financially and now as i speak by going Self employed which was a huge huge mistake i am now in danger of losing my car and my house.

Sorry to hear that mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭suelaw

I once worked for one of these companies....disaster.....I quickly learned it was a scam and ran lol. However the rule was u cudnt call on a fresh door after 7pm. The only way u cud call was if the homeowner asked/told you too

No despite what people on here might say there is not. I think during it summer it might be later then 7 not sure though

Are these companies still has big as they were? Or are people starting to figure them out? Having worked with one before i know quite a lot of ex owners who have left the country. In Cork PMD Marketing is long gone as is Blue Steel Acquisitions and Le Tigre Enterprises are also gone, all 3 where run and owned by the same people who are now gone

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

CMS aquistitions took over the perDM stuff in cork and kerry.

statomosh wrote: »
    CMS aquistitions took over the perDM stuff in cork and kerry.

Are they part of the Appco group though? Their not listed on the Appco website. Also were PMD. Blue Steel? They operate the same way alright but again nothing was ever on the Appco website? Is perDM a different group?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 D.murphy

***CBC organisation ***
    I was wondering what is the story with commission with the CBC company. Do you get paid for training? Also if u sell to a client what is the rate you get paid for that sale? If you sell to them but further down the line the customer pulls out do you still get paid for you sale??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

D.murphy wrote: »
    ***CBC organisation ***
    I was wondering what is the story with commission with the CBC company. Do you get paid for training? Also if u sell to a client what is the rate you get paid for that sale? If you sell to them but further down the line the customer pulls out do you still get paid for you sale??

It all depends on the company , alot of them have the cooling off period before someone rings to confirm wether the person wants to go ahead with the sale or not . If you are selling a contract then you won't have to worry about handing back money but some of the charities that use D2D can ask for your comission back if people pull out of it . Also Jack the job in before you a made a fool of !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 D.murphy

It all depends on the company , alot of them have the cooling off period before someone rings to confirm wether the person wants to go ahead with the sale or not . If you are selling a contract then you won't have to worry about handing back money but some of the charities that use D2D can ask for your comission back if people pull out of it . Also Jack the job in before you a made a fool of !!!

Thanks. Made a fool of? What do u mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

D.murphy wrote: »
    Thanks. Made a fool of? What do u mean?

If you are doing a commision only based job then you will have to work long hours to make a living . D2D is not for the faint hearted at all .

CMS aquisitations are part of the PerDM group they were called MKM direct and PMD before,same story as appco.commission only for crazy hours.

CMS aquisitations are part of the PerDM group they were called MKM direct and PMD before,same story as appco.commission only for crazy hours.

PerDM is different to Appco though is it?

ya perdm is a different shower of con men.

ya perdm is a different shower of con men.

Never know there was 2 groups of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

It would be impossible to work for appco for four years and not become an owner.

I've been there for four months now because commission does work. Since I've started I've moved out, bought expensive phones, clothes, food; I'm able to go out every weekend (places like Lilies and Krystal for free). I even went on a expenses paid business trip, in Europe. I don't need to justify my lifestyle, it's damn good.

Sales is easy to learn, you just have to be willing to mess up a few times. Once you're past that, you're flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

It would be impossible to work for appco for four years and not become an owner.

I've been there for four months now .....

You've only been there for four months.
    Your 18/19 and just finished the LC.
    I guess you moved in with others who work there?
    You're some sort of team leader by now; maybe you have to work 'extra'(help around the office, come in earlier) since your promotion.
    In your short time how many people have you seen come and go?

If it is really working for you, who am I to judge.
    I'll set a reminder on my gmail calender and message you in a year.
    Good luck

I've been there for four months now because commission does work. Since I've started I've moved out, bought expensive phones, clothes, food; I'm able to go out every weekend (places like Lilies and Krystal for free). I even went on a expenses paid business trip, in Europe. I don't need to justify my lifestyle, it's damn good.

Sales is easy to learn, you just have to be willing to mess up a few times. Once you're past that, you're flying.

Me finks your talking bollox

Good insight mate, any1know of a company called SalesSense?

• Advertisement

Good insight mate, any1know of a company called SalesSense?

Another shower of cowboys, they sell Vodafone. Only difference they offer a wage to make them seem different. Crazy sales targets (20 a week) managers giving reps price plans that arent even real, sales 'going missing, reps also told to say they work for Vodafone.

Advertisement