Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The door-to-door / commission-only jobs thread (super dooper mega merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Thanks, lala88 another one is switchwisse? Anyone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Thanks, lala88 another one is switchwisse? Anyone

Never heard of them. Utility Solutions are another to be on the look out for

Switchwise do the door to door for city bin company

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

If anyone is looking to make some extra cash this christmas, oriflame is a good money making company around this time no contracts, no tax just simple cash!

Mail Oriflame Ireland with Marina Atkinson for free books, free products and love of fun :)

Mail me for further info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dees99

Moromaster wrote: »
    It would be impossible to work for appco for four years and not become an owner.

I've been there for four months now because commission does work. Since I've started I've moved out, bought expensive phones, clothes, food; I'm able to go out every weekend (places like Lilies and Krystal for free). I even went on a expenses paid business trip, in Europe. I don't need to justify my lifestyle, it's damn good.

Sales is easy to learn, you just have to be willing to mess up a few times. Once you're past that, you're flying.

Sorry mate but that sounds like a story your boss tells you about himself in order to fill you with hope. I'm sure he's living the dream..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dees99

And you spelt Lillies wrong

Anyone have a list of the companies that are around at the moment? Just to see how many of them are around?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mossey36

Got a call from Yew Tree Promotions during the week. Commission only but my god it took me an age to get information out of the girl I spoke to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

When I get one of these poor unfortunates to the door I always tell them about this thread. I tell them to get on the nearest bus home and stop being scammed. You can see them breakdown inside but they usually trudge along.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 rufs

Knew it was too good to be true! And glad i searched out this thread.
    Applied for job with roar promotions galway through jobs.ie on friday morning, got a call back same evening and got an appointment saturday morning.
    Got the spiel from the boss about great earning potential etc. And got offered the job saturday evening.
    I am to start a weeks trial from tomorrow.
    After reading this thread i dont think ill bother, i cannot afford to come off the dole at this time of the year for a job that i wont earn in.

• Advertisement

rufs wrote: »
    Knew it was too good to be true! And glad i searched out this thread.
    Applied for job with roar promotions galway through jobs.ie on friday morning, got a call back same evening and got an appointment saturday morning.
    Got the spiel from the boss about great earning potential etc. And got offered the job saturday evening.
    After reading this thread i dont think ill bother, i cannot afford to come off the dole at this time of the year for a job that i wont earn in.

Run v fast from roar promotions, gang of con men

• Registered Users Posts: 41 rufs

Run v fast from roar promotions, gang of con men

Thought as much tbh, desperation clouds ones judgement !!!
    Not gonna bother turning up tomorrow after reading all the horror stories on here.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

I really like the way this thread is acting as a deterrent.
    Although I'm open to discussion (sure it is a forum) , it is nice to see that there is nobody defending these companies anymore. They really don't have a leg to stand on & they know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CarloGal16

After reading this thread i dont think ill bother, i cannot afford to come off the dole at this time of the year.
    Is it possible to stay on the dole while just for december and claim the commision den quit. ? Help please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

CarloGal16 wrote: »
    After reading this thread i dont think ill bother, i cannot afford to come off the dole at this time of the year.
    Is it possible to stay on the dole while just for december and claim the commision den quit. ? Help please

You don't have to sign off the dole unless it's tax related and most companies dont operae that way :)

CarloGal16 wrote: »

You'd be breaking the law, but these companies encourage tax evasion with the way they operate.

I know this sounds ridiculous..
    Do yourself a favour and don't come off the dole for one of those jobs. They're pure ****e. Why not try nab a Christmas job somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dhegarty

dhegarty wrote: »
    Any jobs that is paid on commission is a complete waste of time and a complete money recket which leaves a person out of pocket big time. Made huge mistakes financially and now as i speak by going Self employed which was a huge huge mistake i am now in danger of losing my car and my house.

I want to make a clarification and a apology to the last company I worked for making this comment, at the time I posted this comment I was and still through personal and Financial problems and taken my anger out at the company who had nothing to do with it and I would like to apologies to them if I have offended them or give them a bad name. I was with the company for less than 6 months and they have been good to me and given me some useful advice financially in which I never took even my own family had given me advice and I never listened to them and I am to blame 100% for my problems. I hope his clarification and apology to the company I worked for will clear things up and hopefully through this Forum that I haven't given them a bad name.

I want to make a clarification and a apology to the last company I worked for making this comment, at the time I posted this comment I was and still through personal and Financial problems and taken my anger out at the company who had nothing to do with it and I would like to apologies to them if I have offended them or give them a bad name. I was with the company for less than 6 months and they have been good to me and given me some useful advice financially in which I never took even my own family had given me advice and I never listened to them and I am to blame 100% for my problems. I hope his clarification and apology to the company I worked for will clear things up and hopefully through this Forum that I haven't given them a bad name.

Interesting mate

I walk past an office on my way into work that one of these companies have recently moved into - you can see into the meeting room from outside and see all the eager young people.

I'm tempted to wander in and ask if they would like to change their electricity provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

mossey36 wrote: »
    Got a call from Yew Tree Promotions during the week. Commission only but my god it took me an age to get information out of the girl I spoke to.

Thats the norm with these companies . My mate took a job with a company not naming them . They wouldn't give him any info on the job description so he decided he would go in for the training day and see what they had to offer when he got to their office they gave him a mornings training . So when it came to the afternoon he was told he going out to the field to sell . When he got to a housing estate he knew it was door to door so he just left and jumped on a bus and went home .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Doesn't sound like they asked you to say this at all. Sounds totally of your own volition.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Does anyone know what forever living is or what it is about and what they do. I was just checking a few websites on the internet and they all say its multi level marketing fancy name for network marketing a.k.a pyramid scheme. A friend of mine is try to get me in on forever living and it just smells of crap ?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

cullow123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what forever living is or what it is about and what they do. I was just checking a few websites on the internet and they all say its multi level marketing fancy name for network marketing a.k.a pyramid scheme. A friend of mine is try to get me in on forever living and it just smells of crap ?

Thanks in advance.

I would say avoid , if you can't find something concrete on it don't bother going near it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bagbadworld

I've worked in door to door for the last 5 years ,love my job , you just gotta find the right people to work with :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

I've worked in door to door for the last 5 years ,love my job , you just gotta find the right people to work with :)

LIAR

Why don't u tell does unemployed who they are so someone else can have a chance of a job?

Why don't u tell does unemployed who they are so someone else can have a chance of a job?

What?

You created an account just to say that?
    Compelling argument....

5 years? How AREN'T you an owner yet? LOL

lala88 wrote: »
    What?

It's kinda self explanatory, if it's a great company anybody unemployed mite like to take alook at it? What's confusing bout that

• Advertisement

It's kinda self explanatory, if it's a great company anybody unemployed mite like to take alook at it? What's confusing bout that

This Why don't u tell does unemployed who they are so someone else can have a chance of a job?

Advertisement