Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The door-to-door / commission-only jobs thread (super dooper mega merge)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Are SalesSense still around? Another shower of cowboys. Know of a lad who went for an interview with them and first the interviewer was 15 minutes late (good start) and then the job he was supposed to be going for wasnt actually available. Was supposed to be based in Cork when once he got there was told there was no positions in Cork but there was in Kilkenny or Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

lala88 wrote: »
    Are SalesSense still around? Another shower of cowboys. Know of a lad who went for an interview with them and first the interviewer was 15 minutes late (good start) and then the job he was supposed to be going for wasnt actually available. Was supposed to be based in Cork when once he got there was told there was no positions in Cork but there was in Kilkenny or Laois

I know a girl who works for them, Vodafone acc I think, says their grand, basic plus comm

I know a girl who works for them, Vodafone acc I think, says their grand, basic plus comm

Iv heard otherwise. Work on the same kinda way as the PREDM etc but try to make themselfs look different by offering a wage etc From what iv heard you'd be hard pushed to be getting your commission off them, targets something like 20 sales a week and you only get paid if you make it, ie if you make 15 sales you wont be paid for any of them yet the company still do. Heard a lot about their tactics too.
    The fact they are always recruiting in its self should be a warning sign. That and the fact they cant even be on time for their own interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 10 captain gilligan

I have a 2nd interview with yew tree today, any advice would be apprecitted folks. Thanks

Anyone know anything about a company called Utility Brokers based in Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Anyone know anything about a company called Utility Brokers based in Cork?

Yes, they pretend to companies that they represent all of the suppliers in the market and then pretend to source the cheapest bills in the market. They actually just have a few different providers and they just switch clients back and forth between them each year.

Commissions are quite low compared to other agencies.

It's amazing the amount of Mickey Mouse company like these that there is

Yes, they pretend to companies that they represent all of the suppliers in the market and then pretend to source the cheapest bills in the market. They actually just have a few different providers and they just switch clients back and forth between them each year.

Commissions are quite low compared to other agencies.

Unreal that they can get away with saying they represent all the companies. They even say it on their website!

Iv noticed lately they've been recruiting quite a bit.

Unreal that they can get away with saying they represent all the companies. They even say it on their website!

Iv noticed lately they've been recruiting quite a bit.

Its pretty much standard practice with most of the utility brokers in the market. If a client really insists upon going to a provider they don't represent, they have contacts/friends who work there and they pass the sale to them as a last resort so that their pitch isn't blown.

I could easily do it myself if I wanted to, I know people who work for every company in the market.

Ultimately they provide a saving to their client, so the client is happy enough, but obviously they don't realise the full picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

CMS acquisitions in Limerick have changed their name to Consultonomics (I am posting this from inside the same building where they are based)

• Advertisement

I hear now that salessense are a bunch of cowboys flooding the market and stiffing the reps

I hear now that salessense are a bunch of cowboys flooding the market and stiffing the reps

Ya been at it for a long time. How they can still get away with it i dont know

Ya been at it for a long time. How they can still get away with it i dont know

Aparently the mess reps about something fierce, promise the me earth, flooding the market they have 30 reps going around old ground every 4/6 weeks shocking stuff

And the poor f ü kers come in with the promises of mangers and coaches and the poor deluded guys believe it and lap it up. I'd say the op it quick enuf

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RelaxBoy

Currently out of work so I decided to create a profile on and online job site. Nothing wrong with that. Got an email from said site to say employers will have access to my profile, and I could also register to receive regular email notices of jobs that suit my profile .

Now I got a phone call from a ' Yew Tree Promotions' based in Kilkenny City and my experience and interestes qualify me to meet the managing director of this 'company' . I agree a time and day and call ends. Get a text message later on that day giving me address, directions and where to park. I was delighted I had a job interview! We'll at least I thought I did...

I googled this yew tree promotions crowd.
    Very vague descriptions of what they actually do, but in a section on their 'new website' titled Meet The Team, there was "crew leaders" . I also searched on Facebook and Twitter for them, and they uploaded photos of their workplace on FB. And in one photo I notice a poster for eircom phone watch in background. Everything comes together nicely now.

So it is door-to-door sales selling eircom phone watch. Anyway I didn't bother going to meet anyone or interview whatever as it would of cost me to drive to Kilkenny. They rang me at the time I was supposed to be meeting, I didn't answer.

If you are from / associated with Yew Tree Promotions which is part of the Appco Group and see this post : be VERY careful what you upload to social media sites

Im fairly sure it wouldnt be Eircom Phonewatch they are selling. My company was in discussions regarding selling that product, but it isnt actually Eircom anymore. I dont know the details as I wasn't interested in training agents on how to scare people in their homes to make a sale easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Just seen those pics. How are they all getting €1k+ cheques in their first week or two? Is it money they've made the company, or their own take-home pay?

Funny how there's loads of promotions happening in the office, but the foreign trips have all the same 6-8 faces :rolleyes:

All these d2d sales jobs no one lasts any more that a few months.....that salessense crowd going a while but if u back track 6/8 months when they had 30 odd reps u be hard pressed to find 3/4 still der, should b a law

It would seem that salessense are the new Blue Steel, PMD etc of this market. With any luck they will soon be found out, if they havent been already

It would seem that salessense are the new Blue Steel, PMD etc of this market. With any luck they will soon be found out, if they havent been already

Still employing poor deluded guys, with promise of quick move into management still texting reps at 7am looking for their journey plan fr the days the constant bullying and late and week end calls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Glad I popped on here. This may not be the correct question for the forum but does anyone here have any experience of being interviewed by Salessense for a trainer role? They've had an ad up on various sites for months and are looking for a few trainers. Worth trying them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I dont know how it would work out but, i guess they'll get you to use your car for free. Then expext you to convince new people that the job is fantastic as long as you work 16 hour days for 200 quid a week and after half a year they can be like you.

Ad says 35k PA plus expenses etc... I'd expect long hours in training anyway but do you have any experience of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

seanaway wrote: »
    Ad says 35k PA plus expenses etc... I'd expect long hours in training anyway but do you have any experience of them?

None whatsoever. Ring them up and see what there about and what the package is.

I did. 35K plus expenses paid. Travel/hotel/etc...

Just wondering if anyone here has worked for them and what they were like.

I did. 35K plus expenses paid. Travel/hotel/etc...

Just wondering if anyone here has worked for them and what they were like.

I would want to make sure that the expenses are paid by them upfront, or they provide a company credit card for them. I know of many similar jobs where it all sounds great, you end up being expected to pay for these things yourself and then "claim" the expenses back. That is when you start to run into problems, when they don't want to pay for this and that. If you have not made a huge contribution to the sales performance, then you become quite disposable and you can kiss those unpaid expenses goodbye.

FWIW I'm not talking about this company as I know very little about them, I'm just offering a word of caution for these kind of roles with direct selling agencies.

Another bunch of cowboys

''I would want to make sure that the expenses are paid by them upfront, or they provide a company credit card for them''
    Good point TireeTerror . Thanks. Worth asking to see the reaction.

''Another bunch of cowboys ''

Irishjig69b... How do you know they are cowboys? I don't doubt what yo say but I would like to know if anyone here has had 1st hand experience of working with them. It's easy for labels to stick just by rumour.

''I would want to make sure that the expenses are paid by them upfront, or they provide a company credit card for them''
    Good point TireeTerror . Thanks. Worth asking to see the reaction.

''Another bunch of cowboys ''

Irishjig69b... How do you know they are cowboys? I don't doubt what yo say but I would like to know if anyone here has had 1st hand experience of working with them. It's easy for labels to stick just by rumour.

I know two people who have worked with them. One was told to leave straight away or he'd never get another job in sales if people found out he had worked with them.

The second left a few weeks as he was sick of pretty much being bullied and not getting paid for sales.

They have also started to badmouth CPM, a bad sign when you have to start with that kind of s***.

• Advertisement

Thanks Lala88

Seems like they aren't worth looking at so. Ayone know any good companies out there looking for trainers?

Advertisement