Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The door-to-door / commission-only jobs thread (super dooper mega merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tigger17

Anyone heard of Energizing plus in galway? I'm aware of the kind of situation im walking into, anyone know if their decent enough people or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

My girlfriend got an interview with a group called Consultonomics and came across here when looking into it as it felt like one of these companies. Can anyone confirm that its stupid hours and only being paid per sale? Also wondering about Intense Communications, they seem to not be door to door but still commission only pay. Would save her a bus journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

My girlfriend got an interview with a group called Consultonomics and came across here when looking into it as it felt like one of these companies. Can anyone confirm that its stupid hours and only being paid per sale? Also wondering about Intense Communications, they seem to not be door to door but still commission only pay. Would save her a bus journey.

Yeah, same set up. I think they are an offshoot of flawkess marketing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Interview went well. Wouldnt discuss pay yet though, what a surprise. Has anyone found it helpful to do it for a week or two just for the training and to have something on your CV?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Interview went well. Wouldnt discuss pay yet though, what a surprise. Has anyone found it helpful to do it for a week or two just for the training and to have something on your CV?

Can't imagine any job is useful to have on your cv if its clearly only lasted for two weeks.
    I wouldn't recommend these types of jobs unless you are a student off college for the summer and can't find other employment. Although the pay isn't great you will learn some valuable skills such as sales, presentation and management, things that would later look good on your cv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 agraydon1990

I know something was mentioned earlier in this thread but it was a while ago so I want to see if anything has changed.

I've got an interview for BillSave tomorrow. Just want to know if anybody has any experience with working for the company?

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I wouldn't bother tbh. You are self employed when you work for these companies so the owners have no obligation to give you a reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Run from this crowd, cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I know something was mentioned earlier in this thread but it was a while ago so I want to see if anything has changed.

I've got an interview for BillSave tomorrow. Just want to know if anybody has any experience with working for the company?

Thank you!

Yeah, I have a few friends that work for them and have worked for them. You always get paid and thats the main thing, plus they do a lot of training, even some official qualification thing recognised by employers. Cant remember what the specific qualification is called though.

Jesus, the door to door crowd were out in force in Galway this week. Had three different companies at my door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Alanna03

I'm replying to the query about Bifta Ltd. I currently work for Bifta Ltd. The sales position is a telesales position & it is commission based. There is good money to be made with them but you do have to put in the hours to work. Again, as someone else said here in any position/job where it's commission based you need to be driven & want the money. There is money to be made in it for sure.

Anyone know anything about a crowd called Intense Marketing?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about a crowd called Intense Marketing?

Yea, run a mile.

GodlikeRed wrote: »
    Yea, run a mile.

Any idea of what they sell?

Alanna03 wrote: »
    I'm replying to the query about Bifta Ltd. I currently work for Bifta Ltd. The sales position is a telesales position & it is commission based. There is good money to be made with them but you do have to put in the hours to work. Again, as someone else said here in any position/job where it's commission based you need to be driven & want the money. There is money to be made in it for sure.

A first-time poster promoting a door to door job, well thats a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

A first-time poster promoting a door to door job, well thats a first.

They're not door to door, they're telesales. Still have to have your own phone line, and pay the bill and as already said it's purely commission based.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

Any idea of what they sell?

****e.
    Door to door, Airtricity, Phonewatch and probably some charity.
    Its a spin off from XR marketing as far as I remember and they're all under appco.
    Sh1te 'jobs' all they do is exploit people and fill them full nonsense!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

This gave me a good laugh.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=76+Talbot+St

And following on with this one.

http://www.cbcorganisation.ie/

The guy running this chanelling his Gordon Gecko via Walter Mitty. Another massive ego celebrating himself and his two tone leather shoes (seriously where do you even get them?)

CBC-Socks1-640x1024.jpg

Thomas D wrote: »

The guy running this chanelling his Gordon Gecko via Walter Mitty. Another massive ego celebrating himself and his two tone leather shoes (seriously where do you even get them?)

CBC-Socks1-640x1024.jpg
    that's brilliant I seethem bunch of muppets roar are there

Thomas D wrote: »

CBC-Socks1-640x1024.jpg

Those guys probably make more money in a month than you do in a year, so it seems like jealousy to me. Well done to them.

People that think all door to door jobs are crap are just crap at it. I went out on Friday from 9:30am and worked until 2pm and then headed home. I earned €800 in that time, knocking on doors. So tell me, what is so crap about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,303 ✭✭✭✭Esel

[FZ]Brown shoes don't make it[/FZ]

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Those guys probably make more money in a month than you do in a year, so it seems like jealousy to me. Well done to them.

People that think all door to door jobs are crap are just crap at it. I went out on Friday from 9:30am and worked until 2pm and then headed home. I earned €800 in that time, knocking on doors. So tell me, what is so crap about it?

Calling bollocks on that.

I work in sales, though not door to door. I'm one of those pushy sales people that everyone hates seeing in shopping centres.

I smash my targets every week without without fail, despite them being raised month on month. I could sell sand to an Arab.

Still couldn't ever do well with d2d work. The amount of lying door to door reps around is shocking. I've had ONE that didn't lie to me, and I signed a contract with him because he was honest.

The rest offer cheaper broadband/phone/electricity, and when you actually read the fine print, it's more expensive than what I have now.

Calling bollocks on that.

I work in sales, though not door to door. I'm one of those pushy sales people that everyone hates seeing in shopping centres.

I smash my targets every week without without fail, despite them being raised month on month. I could sell sand to an Arab.

Still couldn't ever do well with d2d work. The amount of lying door to door reps around is shocking. I've had ONE that didn't lie to me, and I signed a contract with him because he was honest.

The rest offer cheaper broadband/phone/electricity, and when you actually read the fine print, it's more expensive than what I have now.

With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. 15 years I've been selling door to door. I go out and tell the entire truth, I often tell people they could get it a little cheaper at a competitor, but that there is not much in it and as I am standing here now ready to do it all for you, I will do it if you want.

They have no problem switching there and then, it is my honesty and transparency that get me sales. I know there are reps out there telling lies, but that sure as hell ain't me, and they also do not last long in the job as inevitably their lies will catch them out one day and they will be sacked, or all their sales tele checked prior to submission which would result in them not being able to tell lies and therefore not make any sales.

I have better things to do with my time than come on here making claims which are not true. If I was going to make it up, I would stating I have earned thousands, which I have actually. The better money is not in domestic door to door, but in visiting commercial sites and selling them things. That is one of the things I do.

With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. 15 years I've been selling door to door. I go out and tell the entire truth, I often tell people they could get it a little cheaper at a competitor, but that there is not much in it and as I am standing here now ready to do it all for you, I will do it if you want.

They have no problem switching there and then, it is my honesty and transparency that get me sales. I know there are reps out there telling lies, but that sure as hell ain't me, and they also do not last long in the job as inevitably their lies will catch them out one day and they will be sacked, or all their sales tele checked prior to submission which would result in them not being able to tell lies and therefore not make any sales.

I have better things to do with my time than come on here making claims which are not true. If I was going to make it up, I would stating I have earned thousands, which I have actually. The better money is not in domestic door to door, but in visiting commercial sites and selling them things. That is one of the things I do.

What product do you sell then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

As far as a job goes door to door is a hard job, very few people become successful in it, as the picture above shows it is the company directors with the two tone leather shoes who make the money, guaranteed it's not the guy or gal out wearing down their shoes from walking all day in the pissing rain or baking sun.

Tiree terror likes his job, he's been in it for 15 years. He likes getting the sales and from what he says he is doing quite well. However it has to be said that most sales reps are either 1, desperate for the sale and end up stressed, 2, absolute liars and pushy wolves at the door, end up looking at other human beings as suckers and fools or 3, so blinded by money they forget that their dealing with humans.

What product do you sell then?

Various utilities. I am not permitted to talk on social media about specific companies or I would lose my contracts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

I can guarantee you that the clown in the shoes does not make much money. These little sales companies never have any one over the age of 25 working for them. If there was decent money to be made you can be sure that employees would stick around.

Anyone know anything of Intense Communications in Galway?

Anyone know anything of Intense Communications in Galway?

Door to door comm only run a mile

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Door to door comm only run a mile

Why? This is always the answer people on here give but never actually explain it

Advertisement