Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The door-to-door / commission-only jobs thread (super dooper mega merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cms88

D2d common only electricity crap

Have you worked for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

cms88 wrote: »
    Have you worked for them?

2 guys I know did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

Sales sense are now recruiting reps for Vodafone residential in Kilkee and other parts of West Clare. I live in Kilkee for about half of the year. There is no DSL broadband around here. Go figure

Sales sense are now recruiting reps for Vodafone residential in Kilkee and other parts of West Clare. I live in Kilkee for about half of the year. There is no DSL broadband around here. Go figure
    Bunch of cowboys this lot always hiring

Are Horizon still around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its for SIRO. Have a google.

Are Horizon still around?

If u mean horizon energy nope well gone

Definitely? If so its no great loss

Definitely? If so its no great loss

Yeah and your woman the blonde one, now with phone watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

ED E wrote: »
    Its for SIRO. Have a google.

Apologies to the mods for dragging the tread off topic but I cannot find any evidence of this.

• Advertisement

Apologies to the mods for dragging the tread off topic but I cannot find any evidence of this.

Evidence of what

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Horizon are still on the go.

http://www.heg.ie/

A good few of my clients have phoned me after receiving a visit from these cretins. Pretending to offer cheap rates when in fact they are more expensive.

I also had a friend who worked for them and he had no end of hassle trying to get paid what he was promised.

I would not go near them with a bargepole and I've been in the industry since 2000.

Horizon are still on the go.

http://www.heg.ie/

A good few of my clients have phoned me after receiving a visit from these cretins. Pretending to offer cheap rates when in fact they are more expensive.

I also had a friend who worked for them and he had no end of hassle trying to get paid what he was promised.

I would not go near them with a bargepole and I've been in the industry since 2000.
    Most of the staff are at phone watch now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Most of the staff are at phone watch now

I dont know anything about that, but they are 100% on the go and very very active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Anyone have experience with lites group? Finding mixed things about them. It looks like they do both types of door to door commission jobs and events where you're paid to work at them.

Anyone have experience with lites group? Finding mixed things about them. It looks like they do both types of door to door commission jobs and events where you're paid to work at them.

Min wage will small com doing d2d selling milk

Anyone hear of energy options in clonmel?

Anybody know who is employing the virgin media door to door sales guys

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Anybody know who is employing the virgin media door to door sales guys

They dont have any as far as i know when they changed from NTL to UPC they got rid of the door to door guys Virgin Media nothing is on the website for reps all in house

Sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

I won,t mention the name of this company directly advertising on Jobs websites as I don,t want to get the site into any potential legal hassle , so I will just simply refer to them as ( Company X )

While looking for jobs online this week I came across ( Company X ) advertised on Jobs websites advertised as " Sales Assistant// client care " when I saw this I assumed it was a new shop or new centre opening or a current centre expanding so I applied with my cv online , I got a phone call later that day from a girl representing the company who sounded over friendly ( Lets call her Lisa ) for an Interview the next day afternoon time, the next day I found the place by the adresss given to me over the phone using google map on my phone , there was no sign outside to state it was ( Company X ) premises I went inside & said " Is this ( Company X ) ? " Lisa replied yes & said " we are only here a few weeks we don,t have our sign up as of yet " I was given a questionere form to fill in asking about my goals in life/ my hobbies/if I like travelling/ do I have my own transport/ , once again on the questionere form there was no company name or company logo on it, I then had an interview upstairs which lasted about ten minutes the guy mentioned about progressing to management after 9 months etc , he asked how soon I could start if I was offered the job , I asked him what exactly is involved if I was offered the job & accepted it he replied I would be with a team going out to sell products to people face to face in different locations , upon hearing this I knew it was really a door to door sales, last was told if I succesful I would be called back for a quick assesment , when I got home I looked up ( Company X ) on Glassdoor.ie to read the reviews people posted about ( Company X ) , the reviews comfirmed it even more, none the less when I got a call back I didn,t answer the phone to them .

I won,t mention the name of this company directly advertising on Jobs websites as I don,t want to get the site into any potential legal hassle , so I will just simply refer to them as ( Company X )

While looking for jobs online this week I came across ( Company X ) advertised on Jobs websites advertised as " Sales Assistant// client care " when I saw this I assumed it was a new shop or new centre opening or a current centre expanding so I applied with my cv online , I got a phone call later that day from a girl representing the company who sounded over friendly ( Lets call her Lisa ) for an Interview the next day afternoon time, the next day I found the place by the adresss given to me over the phone using google map on my phone , there was no sign outside to state it was ( Company X ) premises I went inside & said " Is this ( Company X ) ? " Lisa replied yes & said " we are only here a few weeks we don,t have our sign up as of yet " I was given a questionere form to fill in asking about my goals in life/ my hobbies/if I like travelling/ do I have my own transport/ , once again on the questionere form there was no company name or company logo on it, I then had an interview upstairs which lasted about ten minutes the guy mentioned about progressing to management after 9 months etc , he asked how soon I could start if I was offered the job , I asked him what exactly is involved if I was offered the job & accepted it he replied I would be with a team going out to sell products to people face to face in different locations , upon hearing this I knew it was really a door to door sales, last was told if I succesful I would be called back for a quick assesment , when I got home I looked up ( Company X ) on Glassdoor.ie to read the reviews people posted about ( Company X ) , the reviews comfirmed it even more, none the less when I got a call back I didn,t answer the phone to them .
    name and shame

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

name and shame

I was going to originally , when I saw this post on page two of this thread I decided it would be better to simply refer to them as ( Company X ) to avoid the site getting into any potential legal hassle .
    BOARDS.IE EDIT: Protea Direct have asked to clarify that elements of this post do not directly relate to their company. They do not sell door to door.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...5&postcount=17

All I will say is if people see a job advertised & if it says anything about
    " Promoting our products to the public & Interacting with customers face to face etc "

Be sure to look them up on Glassdoor.ie to see & read other people,s feedback as some people who briefly worked for ( Company X ) went into it in good details in their review about ( Company X )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hi guys,

Sorry for the bump on this one, just looking for advice from anyone who has worked with Phonewatch in say the last 12 months or?
    Friend of mine has been contacted by them about the job doing the Door-To-Door stuff, just trying to confirm if this is commision only and what the shifts are like.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the bump on this one, just looking for advice from anyone who has worked with Phonewatch in say the last 12 months or?
    Friend of mine has been contacted by them about the job doing the Door-To-Door stuff, just trying to confirm if this is commision only and what the shifts are like.
    Don't touch that crowd d2d common only very hard sale will only waste his time and effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Finnnny

Anyone have any information on FMI? Been offered an interview view with them on friday .

Finnnny wrote: »
    Anyone have any information on FMI? Been offered an interview view with them on friday .
    Dor to door 10er an hour late nights and constant on your back dont bothér

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheLass

Thank you, I will be cancelling my interview too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GealicBatman

Does Anyone even post on here anymore ??

Anyway I am looking for a person with the exp of face to face sales for a role in Cork/ munster area, its full time, basic wage 25-30k + commission for in store sales in the retail sector, its a tech product.....

The role will be setting up the retailer with our product, visual merchandising and an in store promotion of the product, training on the unique selling points for the owner of the shop etc, no cold calling as we have an inside sales team setting up appointments for you, a company vehicle will be provided (van) so you must have a full clean license.

The reason I'm posting this here is ideally people who have been involved in door to door are pretty good with the public and have exp in training people along with sales exp so if interested contact me ..... and I will go through the company, product and what the role is ....

Thanks

• Advertisement

Does Anyone even post on here anymore ??

Anyway I am looking for a person with the exp of face to face sales for a role in Cork/ munster area, its full time, basic wage 25-30k + commission for in store sales in the retail sector, its a tech product.....

The role will be setting up the retailer with our product, visual merchandising and an in store promotion of the product, training on the unique selling points for the owner of the shop etc, no cold calling as we have an inside sales team setting up appointments for you, a company vehicle will be provided (van) so you must have a full clean license.

The reason I'm posting this here is ideally people who have been involved in door to door are pretty good with the public and have exp in training people along with sales exp so if interested contact me ..... and I will go through the company, product and what the role is ....

Thanks
    if it was dublin/meath area i b intetested

Advertisement