Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD organisation

Options
  • 04-10-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

I am considering finally taking my CDs of the shelves and packing them up somewhere.

I never listen to them any more - all my music is on my computer now. They look nice, but take up so much space!

I've got maybe 500 CD or more, and was wondering what the best way to store would be. What have other folks on here done?
    The safest method would be to get an aluminum flight case. These are pretty sturdy, but they also take up a lot of space. Also, the CDs aren't very accessible once they're stored.
    Another method would be one of those large CD wallets. I saw ones that go up to 300 CDs. These are flimsier, but take up less space.
    Either way I would have to get rid of the jewel cases.
    Least desirable way would be to just pack all the CDs into a lot of boxes and put them in the attic.

So anyone else taken the plunge recently and retired their beloved CD collections?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

You could get a few packets of plastic cd wallets. I saw them in some of the cheap Euro shops. They are a bit flimsy, but would be ok for storage. Each wallet holds two cd's. What you put them in then, depends on what you have around the house. Maybe an old suit case... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Yes, I know the ones. Problem would be the booklets wouldn't be that easy to fit in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

fjon wrote: »
    Yes, I know the ones. Problem would be the booklets wouldn't be that easy to fit in them.

Provided we are talking about the same wallets. Just had a try fitting a cd and booklet into one of these wallets... no problem. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd just keep the ones you want/listen to on a shelf or get some sort of cabinet from IKEA etc. The rest i'd sell or give to charity shops. I did the same a few years ago and packed them all into CD wallets when i started to download music. Recently i gave them all away. I don't see the point of putting them in an attic where they can't be heard. Just my thinking on it.

As you have a huge collection i also can't reccommend putting them in cd wallets, you have to show them off not hide them away... Turn a whole wall into a CD library is one option?!!

Advertisement