Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck dvd player tray

Options
  • 04-10-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

I have a Targa DRH 5500x DVD recorder that cost me 200 euro and the DVD tray has decided to wedge itself shut. Is there anything I can do?

It's still playing the DVD that's stuck inside the player and it's making noise when I press "open" as though its trying to open but is prevented from doing so by some sort of obsruction. There's no little release hole anywhere on the tray, Ive tried shaking the player in case the disc was out of place and now I've tried wedging it open with a knife, first very gently and then considerably less gently!It's stuck tight and there is absolutely no movement out of it.

The player is out of warranty. Is there anything else I can try to fix it ? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

get ot the screwdriver and open the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gadget.Repair

Fistycuffs wrote: »
    I have a Targa DRH 5500x DVD recorder that cost me 200 euro and the DVD tray has decided to wedge itself shut. Is there anything I can do?

It's still playing the DVD that's stuck inside the player and it's making noise when I press "open" as though its trying to open but is prevented from doing so by some sort of obsruction. There's no little release hole anywhere on the tray, Ive tried shaking the player in case the disc was out of place and now I've tried wedging it open with a knife, first very gently and then considerably less gently!It's stuck tight and there is absolutely no movement out of it.

The player is out of warranty. Is there anything else I can try to fix it ? :(

Give me a call check out my ad on adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Is there a pin hole in the center of the dvd slot?

Sometimes there is and a gentle prod with the open end of a paper clip will operate the eject mechanism. It worked on the yolk I bought from lidl and it's fine since.

Advertisement