Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student deals and discounts in Galway

Options
  • 04-10-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Where in Galway offers student discounts(or deals) other than Topshop/man, and Newlook?

Newlook and Topshop/man are doing 20% off at mo but normally offer 10.

Eye Cinema does something called Ruby Tuesdays where admission with student ID is only €4.

And the offy on Father Griffin Road (not sure what it's called) do 4 cans, a mixer and a naggin for €10!

Just thought it might be a good idea to put a thread of them all together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

And the offy on Father Griffin Road (not sure what it's called) do 4 cans, a mixer and a naggin for €10!

Is that beside Supervalue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

No, I think its called something like harvest but can't remember, sorry. It's next to an indian restaurant and just before u go over the bridge into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

cans of what and a naggin of what? that seems awful cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

That I don't know, I haven't availed of the offer yet. Prob the cheapest stuff available, but most students I know wouldn't complain... Drink is drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

No, I think its called something like harvest but can't remember, sorry. It's next to an indian restaurant and just before u go over the bridge into town.

I know which one you mean now. It is called Harvest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Yea iv gotten that deal before. Its known as the meal deal. Think most Harvest do em, and Slainte on Prospect Hill do somethin similar aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Eddie Rockets have 2 classic burgers,2 fries and 2 drinks for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Warehouse have 15%
    Oasis 10%
    New Look have 20% at the moment
    Next also have a discount for a limited time...I think it's 10%

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Born do 10% discount, most clothing retailers in the city do, just ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

10% off in Schuh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

cans of what and a naggin of what? that seems awful cheap

4 bav, naggin of vodka and any 500ml mixer. Not that I'd be into that kind of thing..

Brown Thomas 10% discount
    Elverys 5% discount

Brown Thomas 10% discount
    Elverys 5% discount

Its actually 10% on items at full price and 5% on items at sale prices in Elverys

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Since when do Brown Thomas do student discount???? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 figi2010

Fahy's Tyre Worx on the Headford Road are running a discount of 10% for ALL Students on Tyres. Just started this week as part of the Road Safety Week in GMIT I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

figi2010 wrote: »
    Fahy's Tyre Worx on the Headford Road are running a discount of 10% for ALL Students on Tyres. Just started this week as part of the Road Safety Week in GMIT I think.
    I'm not sure what they charge but just rang them to have my rear and front tyres switched/rotated. 2 min job - 20 euro...
    Make sure to check prices before getting job done.

Btw, they have this offer too that maybe can interesting
    457_img.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

FREE BALANCING? Wow, what an offer! I didn't realise it was an optional extra when having tyres fitted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Circa 600 hours of teaching, labs, and assessment from experts in your chosen field, with guaranteed certificate upon completion - only 1700e from NUIG. Dis madness must end soon.

fend wrote: »
    Since when do Brown Thomas do student discount???? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

They have been doing it for a good while. Not all BT's do it though, I think it may actually only be the Galway one. I was in BT's in Cork a while back buying a shirt and when I asked for the student discount they said they don't do it nor ever did.

I said good luck to them and said I would buy it in the Galway shop instead. 10% is a nice reduction on expensive stuff.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Circa 600 hours of teaching, labs, and assessment from experts in your chosen field, with guaranteed certificate upon completion - only 1700e from NUIG. Dis madness must end soon.

Did someone deny you an opportunity to attend University (or school judging by your spelling highlighted above) as you appear to have major issues with it and appear happy to see fees introduced to put more hard ship on family's and students who want to go to University. Cop on and grow up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did someone deny you an opportunity to attend University (or school judging by your spelling highlighted above) as you appear to have major issues with it and appear happy to see fees introduced to put more hard ship on family's and students who want to go to University. Cop on and grow up.

It's a parody of an advertisement...

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's a parody of an advertisement...

Regardless of that the poster appears have a major issue with NUIG and NUIG students, and appears to be happy to see the reintroduction of fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

it's the 99.99 ad - I don't think he meant anything bad by it. Everytime I hear that line I smirk at that ad - you have to admit it is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Tip: It's always a good idea for people doing the spelling/grammar nazi thing to make sure their post doesn't contain more "mistakes" than the post they're drawing attention to.

And no, I've no problem with university at all - I was, in fact, attempting to illustrate the value they provide for students currently, as per the thread topic.

edit: as to having an issue with NUIG students - some, perhaps, aye. I'm not sure about whether I'm 'for' or 'against' the re-introduction of fees, but that has no bearing on the topic in hand.

Ficheall wrote: »
    And no, I've no problem with university at all - I was, in fact, attempting to illustrate the value they provide for students currently, as per the thread topic.

The post came across as a piss-take tbh, maybe you didn't mean it but thats how I read it, especially after reading your other posts in the NUIG thread about the fees march and the comment looking for a " march for the re-introduction of fees" in a thread which I cannot find.

This is gone way off topic, so I will say no more about it in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can we stick to mention of, and discussion of, the discounts?
    Otherwise the noise will drown the signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

What? Students should have to pay...for their OWN EDUCATION?

Madness indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

BESman wrote: »
    What? Students should have to pay...for their OWN EDUCATION?

Madness indeed.
    You make it sound like it's comparible to buying a car or a kilo of coke. Although the latter is probably more profitable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement