Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ankle F*ced...Pedals ?

• 04-10-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

ok i bought a bike, it has small pedals, only half my foot or less can get on the pedals , with toe straps, ive gone out a few times on it, nothing major 30k circuits at reasonable pace and now my ankle/achilles is absolutely murdering me..(which is a pain cos i need to run as well ) one thing that is peculiar to me is that my right foot turns outwards on the pedals.. has done on all bikes and whilst running as well.. and its my right ankle thats bad,
    but ive never got this pain from another bike..
    so is it pedals, bike not adjusted right ie saddle too low..
    tempted to change the pedals maybe to a cleat set which would hold my foot straight on the pedals and maybe sort things out anyway just curious as to whether anyone has any experience of this...
    bike is a cluad butler levante 2009,
    also can anyone recomend a good gel saddle .. the saddle on this is like sitting on an iron bar..and i have padded shorts..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Invest in a set of Look Keo's with cleats and Cycle shoes. Get a pair that lets your ankle move.This can be done with different coloured cleats as well as the pedal, having your ankle fixed wont really help. When your pedal is at its lowest point there should a small bend in the knee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cycling shoes and clipless pedals. I use someone local for bike fitting which helps a lot (I need tp contact him again soon). Your behind will probably grow used to the saddle.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

that sounds like some real strange fettish you have there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Be careful of the achilles tendon, it can turn into very a nasty nagging injury if you don't look after it and it heals really slowly!

If you have increased your running or the intensity of your cycling you could have tweaked it throught overuse and messing with pedal position won't make a difference but you will spend a lot of time adjusting stuff and thinking you are getting places!

• Advertisement
Advertisement