Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NERDRAGE!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Metalica's Battery in Rock band on hard difficulty drove me banana's i could do the whole thing bar a tiny section right near the end. It was the 7th song in a set list so i had to play through 6 other songs to get to it. I would get mad switch it off walk away vowing never to play it again, only to come back ten minutes later and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The guy with the axe! :D

The worst for me was PES back in its PS2 heyday. Wrecked afew controllers with it. The Master League...........there was nothing worse than conceding a last minute goal in an important game where you needed to just scrape a draw. PES seemed to do it to me repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i had some really bad nerdrage on a few MW2 games, but all i do i just bang my table once, and going back to kill stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'd say about 80% of that video is staged. But still it does happen. Mate used to tell me stories of how he'd bite his controller. There'd be teeth marks and all on it!

But yeah the ps1 controller got a bit of beating at a result of being thrown at the telly! I'm a bit more careful with my psp. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

lets us never forget the angry WoW Raid Leader on vent

NSFW due to language

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

chin_grin wrote: »
    I'd say about 80% of that video is staged. But still it does happen. Mate used to tell me stories of how he'd bite his controller. There'd be teeth marks and all on it!

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt... and then ripped the t-shirt in a Hulk style rage, lol. I can't think of any game off the top of my head that have drove me beserk, but I know that there have been more than a few over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

ah rage nurds i've encountered some. what possesses one to let a scream and punch a door, break a controller. sore losers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not a nerd rage but rage all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

wtf was happening there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It happens to the most calm of us but it bothers a part of me that it's so big in video clips and talking points. When we see sports stars rage or throw stuff around, it's passion or explosive emotion.....When gamers do it, we mock ourselves (good and bad but never going to dispell that image)

I have had issues with Championship Manager (can no longer play it), FIFA (glitches and the AI's exploitation of said glitches) and Street Fighter (online)...But it is boring then if I win too much :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

3 Xbox 360 controllers have been broken in our house in the last few monts (only 2 of us live there) , from being thrown on the floor and against walls.

We currently have 6 controllers, so plenty to spare between the 2 of us for and future rage :P

Note : All rage came from Fifa10/WC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

SeantheMan wrote: »
    3 Xbox 360 controllers have been broken in our house in the last few monts (only 2 of us live there) , from being thrown on the floor and against walls.

We currently have 6 controllers, so plenty to spare between the 2 of us for and future rage :P

Note : All rage came from Fifa10/WC

I rage at stuff too but I wouldn't breat 3 expensive controllers over something as trivial as a game. Jesus like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I only broke 1, he broke 2 :P

Things can get out of hand when you get in at 5am on a Saturday night and try play hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Counter Strike has claimed 2 keyboards and a mouse from my Nerd Rage. It's the only game to ever do that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

R0ot wrote: »
    Counter Strike has claimed 2 keyboards and a mouse from my Nerd Rage. It's the only game to ever do that. :pac:

Only 2 ? :D

Never broke a keyboard, i used to break the more expensive headsets ! Probably broke 5 or 6 just from rage quitting and getting up and storming off, forgetting the headset was still on or around my neck ! :D

Right now... f1 (Playing online with 12 clan members with collisions on is probably the most frustrating thing i've ever done in gaming) and mw2 cause the most nerd raging from myself... alot of swearing :D Aww well... its a good way to release some stress :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Magill wrote: »
    Aww well... its a good way to release some stress :D

Yes that is ..... one ..... way. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Magill wrote: »
    Never broke a keyboard, i used to break the more expensive headsets ! Probably broke 5 or 6 just from rage quitting and getting up and storming off, forgetting the headset was still on or around my neck ! :D

heheh me too, I wrecked two headsets and then decided to buy a standalone mic and wireless headphones :)

I also went through a few quickshot pro joysticks with the 48k Speccy and Amiga

oh yeah add one keyboard to the list

it got smashed when I was repairing my chopper when some idiot team killed me by blowing me outa the sky with a tank shell when I was on a 48 kill streak on BF2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Play lots of shooters but never really nerdrage over them, i do nerdrage over WoW i rarely ever die or mess up on boss fights but when it happens i curse and bang the desk with my fists, a death in some fights spells the end so you're letting 24 other people down and costing everyone quite some gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

KilOit wrote: »
    Play lots of shooters but never really nerdrage over them, i do nerdrage over WoW i rarely ever die or mess up on boss fights but when it happens i curse and bang the desk with my fists, a death in some fights spells the end so you're letting 24 other people down and costing everyone quite some gold.

Try some competitive cs :D I never really nerd raged when i played wow, always found playing in a league match or something in cs alot more tense than raiding, i guess arena would be similar... when something bull**** happens and results in you dying and possibly losing a match.. nerd rage doesnt justify how pissed i could get :D Its funny thinking back tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i allmoust forgot, i get quite alot nerdrage in sc2, when we play 2vs2... :o

Sometimes becouse of my friend, and alot alot of times becouse of cheese....

Lad medvcs..... lad med....... lad, would you do some medvacs please..... MEDVACS FFS LAD!!!

Advertisement