Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded Xbox HDD on Pc

Options
  • 04-10-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi ive upgraded my harddrvie in my jtaged 360 with a 3.5" drive my xbox is picking it up fine it formated it but im wondering is there any way for my pc to pick it up now so i can put some files on to it as i have a sata docking bay and it would be handy to just pop the drive in the bay and put any files i want on it.

I tryed xplorer 360 but i just get cant find fatx drive to open.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hi ive upgraded my harddrvie in my jtaged 360 with a 3.5" drive my xbox is picking it up fine it formated it but im wondering is there any way for my pc to pick it up now so i can put some files on to it as i have a sata docking bay and it would be handy to just pop the drive in the bay and put any files i want on it.

I tryed xplorer 360 but i just get cant find fatx drive to open.

Mine is inside the consoles case, so I just use an FTP programme for access. Works out nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Ok so ive end up going the ftp route bit of a pain as i have to run a cable from my router upstairs at the back of the house to my xbox downstairs in the front of the house when i need to put files on just as well i had some cat5 cable to make a lead taht long.

How did you manage to get a fan on the gpu heatsink and fit a harddrive in must be a very small fan ive stuck 2 extra fans on my 360 but it now means i cant fit my 3.5" drive in it.

How did you manage to get a fan on the gpu heatsink and fit a harddrive in must be a very small fan ive stuck 2 extra fans on my 360 but it now means i cant fit my 3.5" drive in it.

Maybe pick yourself up a wireless adapter for the 360? They go for around 30/40 quid on adverts & would save you the hassle of wires etc.

It all fit perfectly :cool::D

1zqpipu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Here is a quick pic of mine so far

10052010388-1.jpg

10052010389.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You can barely tell its modded :D

• Advertisement

I can see why the drive won't fit now :D Those little fans were from a ram cooler I had lying about. You can pick them up for next to nothing. What are your temps reading at with that setup?

Advertisement