Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card payment protection plan

Options
  • 04-10-2010 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

I have a AIB Visa card with payment protection and I've not been in full time employment for over a year and a half. Over the past few months I have found it impossible to pay my card repayments but up to that I have always paid the minimum amount asked.
    Someone told me to check if I have payment protection, which I do and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this and what is it like to go down the road of making a claim with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

Anyone? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'd be best off contacting AIB credit card services. It will only pay the minimum payment, and may be limited to 1 year. Not sure if you'll be able to use it to claim back for payments you've already been making since being out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

If your looking to claim payment protection insurnace you first need to contact the supplier of the insurance. Its not always the bank, the bank sometimes has a third party supply PPI. They will send you out a claim form. It will have to be filled in by you, your ex employer and the social welfare.

From other posts on here it takes a while for the claim to go through.

They might try and refure the claim based on this
    Working (employed or self-employed) in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, or Great Britain (including Channel Islands and Isle of Man) for not less than 70 hours per month and have been continuously for the previous 6 months;
    http://www.aib.ie/personal/credit-cards/credit-card-ppp

It could mean being employed for 6 months or the previous 6 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

Many thanks for all your help guys! I'll call them tomorrow. :)

Advertisement