Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Dublin this weekend?

Options
  • 04-10-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hello,
    I will be back home in Dublin this weekend. I have been living away for a couple of years and not to sure where to look for this info.

I am bring two friends home (one has been before, one has never been to Ireland)

Can anybody suggest some interesting or different things that might be happening around the city or South Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

For a different food experience, try the Mongolian BBQ on Anglesea Street, behind Blooms Hotel. It does two evening sittings, the later one at 9pm, and the first I think around 6pm or 6:30pm. Check their site: MongolianBBQ for contact details. If you want to do a night out, go for the earlier sitting, as you'll easily be a couple of hours in there. Seeing as you are in the area, you could then head into the Vat Bar in Blooms and try the live music there. If your visitors want a more "Irish" experience, you could do worse than going to the Arlington Hotel on Dame Street. There is one on the quays, but it is larger and you'll see better in the one on Dame Street. There are some other good pubs where you might get Irish music like obviously O'Donoghue's on Merrion Row, the Brazen Head and O'Shea's The Merchant, both just off Merchant's Quay.

For daytime things, a visit to any of the coastal town on the DART are good. The ride itself, is quite nice. For cultural things, try places like Dublin Castle and the Chester Beatty Library. Maybe do a daytrip to Glendalough. The weather is meant to be good next weekend, so it might suit the outdoor things. You could do all the usual Dublin touristy things like Trinity College, St. Stephen's Green, O'Connell Street, Kilmainham Jail, the Guinness brewery tour.

There are all sorts of things you could do, but it will also depend on what your friends are into. I am sure others will have suggestions, but give us a few pointers, like age too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oktoberfest

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Leinster vs Racing Metro in the RDS followed by Oktoberfest in the IFSC perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into Oktoberfest! xxx Looking forward to being back home for the weekend! They are both 30. I was thinking about bring them on the free walking tour that leaves Dublin Castle at 11am, has anybody done it? I will look into the Arlington Hotel

Fingers crossed for nice weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Open House Dublin is on this weekend, loads of free architectural tours/walks going on. You might find something of interest on the website:

http://www.architecturefoundation.ie/openhouse/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The weather is meant to be good for the weekend, so you should be fine. Don't forget to tell us what you got up to. :) Also tell us what your friends thought about it all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Hard Working Class Heroes festival is starting tomorrow, if you have an interest in live music. There's 100 bands playing in different venues around the city until Saturday night. www.hwch.net

Advertisement