Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2010-2011 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

I missed the game against the canes and the pens won 3-0:eek:

I guess I can't watch any pens games if I want them winning:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chapel976

go Bruins.
    I want the cup this year. I wanna see it in person.
    Went to the pre-season opener. 4 seats from the glass. It was lovely.

Trying to get the same tickets for next month to bring a bachelor party to

I'm kinda surprised to see a Hockey forum over here... I didn't expect many fans of it in Ireland.

I think there is only 4-5 regular posters here :D

Nice to see a new face...

Good start to the season for the bruins... Got a great addition in Nathan Horton

I work in Boston, so I'm in the Garden every morning.

We're behind the stupid Habs right now, but only because our season roll out is SO SLOW!
    Every other team has played 12-14 games and the Bruins have played a whopping 9! Only St Louis has played 9 games.

It's weird... I feel like every time I turn on the TV, there's never any Bruins games to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Go Rangers! Callahan is my boy, he's the bomb. Capitals game is on right now, 3-2 to Rangers in the 2nd. We're making it happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

carey price pulled an awesome save on Canes the other night, halfway through the third, he was instrumental in their steamrolling of them.

habs on a roll, price shut out the flyers by stopping 41 shots

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

5-4 Win for the Leafs over the Predators last night...Great game! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

Anyone watching the 7-7 game between Tampa and the Flyers? Third period is underway, Flyers on the powerplay at the moment.

Edit: Lightning lead 8-7 with 13 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

StevoTG wrote: »
    Anyone watching the 7-7 game between Tampa and the Flyers? Third period is underway, Flyers on the powerplay at the moment.

Edit: Lightning lead 8-7 with 13 to go.

I watched the re-run of that today, incredible game. Stamkos really is some talent.

Pens-Canes is going to overtime tonight, very very controversial call for the Pens tonight to allow their 4th goal. Hopefully the good OT record continues in the next five minutes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

going too a rangers game tomorrow night. can't wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

cena wrote: »
    going too a rangers game tomorrow night. can't wait for it

Let us know how it goes !!

I haven't been to MSG yet, but I will one day very soon.

Let us know how it goes !!

I haven't been to MSG yet, but I will one day very soon.

sorry got the wrong day. its next monday.

not long back from the Rangers game. had good seats. petty they lost

The Islanders are ****ing HORRIBLE this season.

Hey all, haven't been around for a while and what a time was that for my penguins :D
    Watched a few of their winning games too so the curse was broken :cool:

Trashers tonite!!!

Both teams are red hot but I hope for a 10th W in a row and Sid break in Wayne Gretzky's 51 game point streak :D

How awesome would that be!!!!! go PENS

anyone see caps getting demolished by rangers last night? why was Varlamov not pulled?

I've seen two of their last three games, including the Rangers game. I had money on them against the Panthers and they started well. After they failed to score on their first couple of powerplays, particularly the 5 on 3, the self belief seemed to go out the window and it hasn't come back. 6 defeats on the bounce and the 7-0 loss was humiliating. Considering that it's only December I wouldn't be making any huge statements over their silverware chances though.

Did anyone see the Canucks against Tampa Bay on Markus Naslund day? A 5-4 OT loss for the Canucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Doctor Zaius

Any Bruins fans knocking around? Decent season so far. Tim Thomas is amazing. Everyone chipping in doing their bit and guys like Horton stepping up their game. Think Seguin is looking decent. Beat the Ducks tomorrow night and they're top of the division. Really between the Bruins and the Habs for the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Any Bruins fans knocking around? Decent season so far. Tim Thomas is amazing. Everyone chipping in doing their bit and guys like Horton stepping up their game. Think Seguin is looking decent. Beat the Ducks tomorrow night and they're top of the division. Really between the Bruins and the Habs for the division.

I think you really jinxed Horton. He hasn't scored a point in six games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Never realised there was a NHL thread here. Good stuff. Lived in NYC for a while last year and went down to watch the rangers in MSG religiously. Used to sit in 120, great seats. Got to see Crosby and Ovechkin play in the flesh. Was at the game last Feb when the Caps beat the Rangers 6-5 and Ovechkin was awesome that night, to be fair. Rangers were very inconsistent last season but better offensively due to Garborik. Happy enough with how this season is going. Following it on ESPN from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Canadiens V Bruins game was very entertaining over the weekend! Montreal were 2-0 down with 4 minute sto go and won it in overtime! Great stuff! 25/1 longshot this season!

I think you really jinxed Horton. He hasn't scored a point in six games.

Hahaha...think I'll keep my mouth shut from now on!! Great win last night against the Flyers. Mental game, back and forth. Penguins again on Saturday at the early time of 6pm!! Hooray, I don't have to miss out on sleep!!

and as a Bruins fan, the less said about that Canadiens game the better!! Talk about throwing it away (ah in fairness Habs were all over them in that 3rd period, still annoyed though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Hahaha...think I'll keep my mouth shut from now on!! Great win last night against the Flyers. Mental game, back and forth. Penguins again on Saturday at the early time of 6pm!! Hooray, I don't have to miss out on sleep!!

and as a Bruins fan, the less said about that Canadiens game the better!! Talk about throwing it away (ah in fairness Habs were all over them in that 3rd period, still annoyed though)

Agreed, i was so frustrated watching that game, you could see it coming but they seemed not to be able to do anything to stop it. Anyway, we're still looking good. Buffalo tonight and Ference back in the starting line up, looking for another good show, predicting a 4-0 for the killer B's.

Great to go into the ASG break with a win, took a bit more than i thought but still a win is a win. Been a good season so far, Thomas and Lucic been stand out for me, Sequin coming along nicely, very fast and good on the puck, and Steven Kampfer has been brilliant since brought in, great to see him getting his chance.

Second part of the season is gonna be very interesting, Bruins gotta keep up the intensity, keep putting the puck on net and if Thomas and Rask keep being a wall, no reason we should get to play-off's feeling very confident.

Bring it on!!!

This is the craziest start to a Bruins hockey game I've ever seen. 3 fights in the first 4 seconds and Lucic scores after 35 seconds!!! crazy stuff!!

Make that 2-0. 2 goals inside the first 2 minutes!!

This is the craziest start to a Bruins hockey game I've ever seen. 3 fights in the first 4 seconds and Lucic scores after 35 seconds!!! crazy stuff!!

Make that 2-0. 2 goals inside the first 2 minutes!!

Just saw some highlight of this tonight.

That had to be the most ridiculous start to a hockey game ever. I think I remember a Bruins game a few years back where the last minute and a half took an age because fights kept breaking out but for a game to start like that is unreal. Clearly, the fighting start got the Bruins firing on all cylinders.

I know we lost, but it was one hell of a game. those 2 1st period markers proved to be the difference in the end. God only know's what may have happened had they gone to overtime.

I know we lost, but it was one hell of a game. those 2 1st period markers proved to be the difference in the end. God only know's what may have happened had they gone to overtime.

I fell asleep in the 1st period interval!! Probably shouldn't watch games when lying in bed. Great to have good news first thing in the morning though :P Glad the Bruins finally got one over the Habs this season.
    Looks like the Big Bad Bruins are back!! Really getting stuck into opponents this year!! seems the Thomas - Price fight wasn't up too much though.

• Advertisement

Well after the epic game against the Canadiens, we came crashing back to earth last night versus the Red Wings. I think emotion of the last few days got to them, and they looked very flat and stale, but gotta get over that and hopefully we can get the two points in the return game tomorrow.

I felt sorry for Rask last night though, everything seemed to fall against him and he looked very disconsulate after being pulled. On the other hand, i wonder whats going through Sequin's mind, hasn't been with it the last while, here's hoping the short break will wake him up and he can start to show the energy and talent he staerted off the season with.

Advertisement