Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2010-2011 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Doctor Zaius

Disappointing weekend for the Bruins. Had a look at some stats there, think that's the first time they've lost 2 in a row since last game of 2010/first game of 2011 which is good going. Still in the divisional spot for the playoffs, Habs are right behind now. That's going to get very interesting. I expect them to bounce back against the Leafs tomorrow night. Next three games are Leafs, Islanders and Senators. All 3 are having pretty poor seasons, even though Islanders seem to have hit some form, I'd be hoping for full points. Go Bruins!!

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut from now on. No more predictions!! Hope they can snap out of this cold streak soon. Just lucky the Habs lost last night as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

What a load of **** that was last night. 2 points thrown away for third loss in a row. Very difficult loss to take it was, we weren't playing particularly well but still managed to come back from 2-1 down and then managed to throw it away. GOD DAMN!!!

Not a good way to be heading into a six game road trip with a tricky start away to the islanders. One thing i do like is the acquisition of Chris Kelly, a tough nut who should add some steel in front of the net and do some real dog's work. We need someone in there to bully d-men and make a nuisance in front of the goalie. I though Sequin done ok last night, put himself about alot and threw in body on the line to get at pucks at times, hopefully he can keep it up. Still work to do for him, he's still young. Needs to stop giving the puck away to easy at times, but then again i think at times he aint getting alot of help from those around him.

Good to see the Bruins have recovered a bit.

FunnyStuff - What do you make of the trades on Friday. Kaberle, Peverley and Valabik in, Wheeler and Stuart out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

hawkes game is going well. nice watch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dizzya

DEVILS! DEVILS!

Anyone catch the Bolts game against Pheonix? Holy crap that was funny. 8-3 final was it?

Also, right cracker Ottawa's last game was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

any early predictions for the playoff race? who do you see making the cut? can Devils pull off a sensational 2nd half by nicking 8th in the east?
    who will be at the right end of the concertina bunched around the mid table in the west?

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut from now on. No more predictions!! Hope they can snap out of this cold streak soon. Just lucky the Habs lost last night as well.

yes, lucky is right.. it's still looking like a Bruins/Habs standoff in the post season

Good to see the Bruins have recovered a bit.

FunnyStuff - What do you make of the trades on Friday. Kaberle, Peverley and Valabik in, Wheeler and Stuart out?

Yeah was a good road trip for us, trying not to think of the omens from the last time we had a 6-0 road trip. Good time of the year to be getting into the flow and finding some solid consistency. Also nice to see Rask getting some good ice time and confidence into him. Be great to reach playoffs and have the two goalies brimming to get out there and keep the net safe.

As for the trades, absolutely delighted with Kaberle. I think he's gonna be great for us, will take a little bit of time to gel but i think we're already starting to see the benefits he brings to the game. Very good with the puck and got great vision, can hold it up well when he needs to. Peverly i like, think he will grow into it more and more and brings alot of depth to the team. Valabik i'm not sure of, i know he's gonna spend most of his time at the minute with Providence, but i just dunno if he's gonna be much good to us. I know he's big and strong, but thats not always what we need.

To be honest i'd have liked to have kept Stuart, i know he had issues with injuries, but i liked him, good and aggresive, never shied away from his duties and always put in 110%. So not sure about that. As for Wheeler, he blew hot and cold, so hard to tell at times where he was at.

But all in all, happy where we are at this stage of the season, hopefully we can steer clear of any injuries and enter the play-offs at full steam.

Hahaha... those omens are pretty daunting alright, could this be the year :P 7 wins on the trot now. Happy days :D Looking good at the moment. Yeah having 2 solid goalies is great. Having Rask there is keeping Thomas on his toes.

Saying that, I can definitely see the Bruins getting the Habs first off in the playoffs and I can see the Habs probably beating them and whats been an excellent season for the B's will be wasted :mad:

Western Conference is incredibly tight. only 3 points separating 4th and 11th. very exciting, Columbus in 12th have a bit of a chance as well. That will be great to watch.

Eastern Conference - things are a bit clearer. You would think the top 5 there are pretty safe. Montreal on 77points should be safe as well. It would take a miracle for the Devils to get 8th but sure you just never know. Leafs could sneak in there.

• Advertisement

anyone know the odds on them making it? would be an interesting wager if an irish betting shop would take the punt

Paddy Power has the NJ Devils at 66/1 to win the Stanley Cup outright. Couldn't see anything about reaching playoffs. I'm sure if you contacted them they'd rustle up some odds for ya. Nothing on Ladbrokes either.

PP have Bruins at 10/1, not bad odds!! Canucks are down as favourites at 7/2. Flyers next at 5/1, again not bad odds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Sabres 5 - 3 Flyers
    Big stride towards that playoff spot. Delighted :D

Yeah big win for the Sabres, after the Flyers went 2-0 up, it wasnt looking good, but good comeback.

More concern is the manner of our defeat to the Penguins. We didnt play well at all, seemed to have very heavy legs at times. I guess at this stage of the season, you nearly expect people to be getting tired. But here is where you need to kick on, build up a head of steam for the play-offs and enter on a roll. I suppose one point is better than nothing, but after getting the second late on, very disappointing to see Seidenberg give the puck away so easy and then put up what appeared to be very little effort in retrieving the situation.

Anyway, put it behind us and hopefully put it right against the Canadiens tonight :)

nasty injury on Max Pacioretty in tuesday nights game in the bell centre, in what was otherwise a great game for the canadiens.

Big game tonight Price V Halak in the pipes.

After a four game winless streak, got back to winning ways against the Blue Jackets. It was a major grind, but sometimes those little victories can do wonders for the confidence, so hopefully we can continue with a win against the Predators tonight. It was good to see Sequin get his goal in the shootout, i think he needs a confidence booster and hopefully that will be it, he's found it tough the last few months.

whooped the wild 8-1

Gettin close to playoff time, and it looks like we're gonna be meeting the Hab's. Bit of a mixed season we've had against them, lost more than won, but our wins have been big, so its gonna be interesting. Two games to go so lets get them out of the way and see where we go.

Bring on the B's!!!

• Advertisement

I'm so looking forward to this playoff series, i reckon its gonna be absolutely massive. Some huge match-ups and some big upsets on the way i think. So bring it on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Rangers against the Capitals for me. Heart says the Rangers will win but head says no. After the loss to the Thrashers, I was convinced we were not going to make it to the play offs but thanks to Tampa we did.

so many grudges and that's just from the past season Marchand v Subban, and the bad blood from the Pacioretty incident.. it's gonna be a great series

great composure from habs tonight to draw first blood.. more of the same in game 2 please!

great composure from habs tonight to draw first blood.. more of the same in game 2 please!

well i'm disappointed....... to be honest i could nearly see it coming. Hab's done very well to keep the crease clear and limit the options for the forward lines, but i still think we made it to easy for them.

I dont agree with the saying of these being seven games series, you have to approach every single game as though it could be the last, you cannot afford to go into any of these games without being totally commited to the win and whatever it takes.

Tomorrow's game becomes a must win for us, a loss will be a huge mountain to climb.

Fingers crossed.

yup, a mountain to climb in the bell centre of all places.. the momentum is certainly in our favour

yup, a mountain to climb in the bell centre of all places.. the momentum is certainly in our favour

Most definately, of all places to have to go with a 2-0 deficit, the Bell Centre would be the last place i'd want to go. The Hab's have been very efficient during this series. Every single goal coming from a Bruins turnover shows they are taking their chances, and doing well to limit the Bruins.

We missed Chara big time Saturday night, a huge loss for us. We lacked any real composure, and Hnidy was a disaster in his efforts.

Gonna be a tough one tonight, praying for a miracle.

what i'm most impressed by is how well they stayed calm when the b's were getting in their faces... the marchand hit on Plekanec, Pleky got up and walked away.. same with PK.. they're not letting the Bruins put them off their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

common boston!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Unreal game so far. Canadiens 2-1 up in the second.

Advertisement