Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home CCTV system

Options
  • 04-10-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Looking for a piece of advice re setting up a residential 4 dome CCTV system.

I would like to buy a quality system which has the capability to record and transmit via the internet. We have Perlico via Eircom landline so I am unsure that we could request a static IP. Have been told Samsung are good quality but have no clue about putting a complete system together.

Could anyone recommend a kit and where to get it.

Regards,Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its really a massive market. Do you have a price range in mind. Most DVRs as standard have a network card that will give you remote access. When you say transmission is it just remote access you want.?
    Actual transmission of events on alarm etc. is more expensive.
    You can get email alerts etc.
    If you can't get or dont want to pay for a static IP you could use the likes of DynDNS . If your modem supports this feature you can get it to send your IP & the hostname supplied by them will redirect to your current IP address.
    Post where you are located Paul & I will give you a few recommendations.
    Also take a look at the Suppliers & installers list.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Thanks Koolkid,
    Budget of around €1000 on the basis that a professional installation costing between 1500-2000.
    In relation to transmission I have seen a few iPhone apps where you can log in and see in real time what is going on. My preference would be if the alarm went at work I would get a text so then I could log in and take a closer look.

If I knew where I could get a decent kit I would try it by myself, otherwise am located in Galway. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

-Paul

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    What you are looking for is remote access .From CCTV point of view transmission is something different.I would recommend you check out www.icrealtime.ie.
    The have a dedicated iPhone app for all their recorders. 4 external domes and a 4 way recorder with 500gb HDD should come in within your budget.
    They are based in Dublin but contact them I think they deliver nationwide. If not I am sure they will point you in the direction of a local supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks Koolkid,
    Budget of around €1000 on the basis that a professional installation costing between 1500-2000.
    In relation to transmission I have seen a few iPhone apps where you can log in and see in real time what is going on. My preference would be if the alarm went at work I would get a text so then I could log in and take a closer look.

If I knew where I could get a decent kit I would try it by myself, otherwise am located in Galway. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

-Paul

For €1000 you should be able to get yourself a descent kit, try a few suppliers and get yourself a view of the system they are trying to sell you. It is always best to get a few quotes for the best value. If you can get specs of the system you will always get good advice of if they are good or not on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If you haven't already done so you need to sit down and plan this installation, location of cameras, area to be covered, cable runs etc etc
    Some good reading here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 DaDon

Try eirsec.ie. Bought system off them, great piece of kit. Got electrician to run the wires for my system, even so the cost was a fraction of getting a security company to do it.

Advertisement