Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What kind of people do you like?

• 04-10-2010 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

What kind of people do you like? What makes you like them or want to hang around with them - not the others? Is there anything specific, "something" that the person needs to have? If so, what is it?

D:\>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    What kind of people do you like? What makes you like them or want to hang around with them - not the others? Is there anything specific, "something" that the person needs to have? If so, what is it?

D:\>

Wit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

boobs or beer vouchers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

People whose smiley faces look like a dos prompt.

Read this. Might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Anyone else hear that in their head as Dr.Phil's voice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

people who like all the things i like
    have the same opinions as me
    people who make me tea
    people who roll me joints

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Honest people are my preference.

Honesty goes a long way in my book.

Also people big enough to say sorry and mean it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Sense of Humour, A Personality, Not a doormat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

People who are me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Sense of Humour, A Personality, Not a doormat!

+1 .. obviously if said person has big boobs none of the above matters a sh1t:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i like like minded people who don't like people. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Honest, easy going people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

People with a similar sense of humour to myself, easy-going people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nice people mostly.

Sometimes I like assh*les too.

But it depends who they're attached to I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Generous people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Funny, self deprecating people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Stoners

:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Pookah wrote: »
    Anyone else hear that in their head as Dr.Phil's voice?

Dr.Phil's voice......
    Your saying to her 'darling could make me a coffee please' but
    what shes hearing form you is 'i don't love you anymore you fat
    bitch'. do you understand at all what it is that im trying to say
    to you. lets take a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Relaxed and humerous people.

People who never bitch or backstab also. Its sad how plotters and backstabbers can become quite popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lickspittles that laugh breathlessly at my jokes and buy me drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

anyone but MOANERS which doesnt leave all that much..but enough quality people though ;) who do stuff and get on with it and dont blame everyone/anyone else for everything which happens to them, and who act like they had a gun held to their head when they made their own dumbass decisions in life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

changes wrote: »
    Relaxed and humerous people.

People who never bitch or backstab also.
    Completely agree.
    Its sad how plotters and backstabbers can become quite popular.
    Ive met them, suffered their bullshit talk... I'd rather talk to the fcuking bin in the canteen. Unbearable sh1t. But I don't, I talk to the I.T. guys / mechanics. Happy as a pig in muck tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

individuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

OP, I dislikne you.
    Don't take offence. I hate everyone equally. I don't like any type of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Terry wrote: »
    OP, I dislikne you.
    I dont really care Terry ;)

I guess I like people who are up for something that I'd be into. Like meet and talk abour the nerd stuff, old times, "Back to The Future", creating some online projects, playing old(ish) computer games, fishing, camping, cycling, etc.. doing/creating things together. Sense of humour would be very important.. I really like a mate of mine who calls me "Polish ba$tard, 2nd class citizen" while I call him "An inbreed English dope" and we both laugh :) He's a totally awesome lad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Shy people. Kind people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

People that are glass half full types , optimistic sorts, there is nothing worse than being around people that are all doom and gloom

Honest, and open people as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Stoners

:cool:
    amen brother:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Weird people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Honest, broadminded, easy-going, if-they-say-they'll-do-it-they-will, non-gossippy types get good opinions from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Down to earth, non pretentious, honest, witty, not flakey, no drama.

And also anyone that shows no interest in Arthur's Day, Coppers or the GAA.

The folks over in Ranting & Raving are my soul mates. They talk sense in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I find it interesting though how sometimes people with whom you have loads in common aren't easy to get on with at all, and people whom you have nothing in common with can become great friends.

People who don't think they're the coolest thing going because they "like totally stayed out drinking all night but have a huge hangover now ugh".

I love sensible and witty people. I have very few friends.

EDIT; I also hate, hate, hate, HATE people who are only interested in themselves and have to try and turn every conversation into a story about themselves. These people are usually the least interesting people in the world, anyway. Drives me up the walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Dudess wrote: »
    I find it interesting though how sometimes people with whom you have loads in common aren't easy to get on with at all, and people whom you have nothing in common with can become great friends.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Obviously my friends would have a fair bit in common with me[regarding interests, and being fairly easy going etc.], but when you meet people who are almost identical to you in every single personality trait, it can leave you feeling like you've just got too much in common, which could lead to being slightly irritating or something?
    I think most people have a certain way in which they view themselves and their own character, and whilst sharing these traits with new friends is important, if there is too much in common it's a bit annoying.
    It's much more interesting to find different personality traits in people that complement/bounce off your own traits, makes them more interesting to spend time with imo.

I don't always know why I instantly like some people and dislike others.

I like confident outspoken people, and don't even mind a wee bit of cockiness if it's in a humorous way---but I hate people who are TOO loud, and just attention seeking eejits.

I also like people who are a bit shy, but turn out to be very sweet and friendly once you start chatting to them.----but I find people who are so quiet that no matter what effort you make, they just remain very quiet and give no input into a conversation a little difficult to be around.[Wouldn't actually dislike them though]

I just tend to find the majority of people who have a nice warm smile, a friendly hello, and the ability to have a nice chat and abit of a laugh, as likeable people.

Some people I just immediately click with, and feel like I know them ages, don't know exactly why it happens, but when this happens they tend to be very easy going, very friendly, and I can have a laugh with them, so I guess these must be the kind of people I like the most, whilst also enjoying other types of people's personalities-but maybe in smaller doses?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭h8scobes

i can be friends with most people, i have friends whose parents are multi millionaires and friends who live in the flats in the city centre with their single mum.

there is only a certain type of person i can't be friends with, really serious people. annoy the **** out of me. in college i have a tutor for history and the guy is like a serious geebag. hes about 25/26 but acts double his age. **** off you absolute loser get a life you nerd :mad:

i like people who are easy going and are just nice.

in school i was part of the jock group but i mixed with everyone except for the losers(i dont mean people who have no friends im talkin about the types that are 17 and read neitzche and post pics of guns on fb **** off u faggits.

someone said non pretentious that is literally exactly wat would make me hate someone

oh and i like making friends with people like me who mite not have much friends(quiet types) im like the shyest quiestest person but everyone thinks am rly cute :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

I like weird people who have been socially isolated for a long time. They don't understand social dynamics enough to be able to manipulate you.

• Advertisement

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Weird people.

why :confused:

i mean it depends what you call weird as well, some people can pull off weirdness better than others(appearence has a lot to play) some of my friends call me weird but i like play rugby and wear hollister/cantos/af clothes etc.) and am a jock. im weird becoz of the bands i like and the fact i still watch nickeloden shows from da 90s :D i can pull it off tho because im the boy next door :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Does anyone else build up scenarios of peoples' lives and personalities on the bus or DART, based solely by looking at them, or is it just me? Ridiculous and shallow, but it's something to do.

Anyway, down to earth, slightly self deprecating but not in a miserable self-loathing way, who are really interesting to talk to but at the same time don't have a love of their sound of their own voice, are the kind of people I like. Everyone else is rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

easy going.....why all the fuss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

I like human people..I'm a humanist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

People that are true to their word, dependable people.

Or failing that, my animals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

h8scobes wrote: »
    i can be friends with most people, i have friends whose parents are multi millionaires and friends who live in the flats in the city centre with their single mum.

there is only a certain type of person i can't be friends with, really serious people. annoy the **** out of me. in college i have a tutor for history and the guy is like a serious geebag. hes about 25/26 but acts double his age. **** off you absolute loser get a life you nerd :mad:

i like people who are easy going and are just nice.

in school i was part of the jock group but i mixed with everyone except for the losers(i dont mean people who have no friends im talkin about the types that are 17 and read neitzche and post pics of guns on fb **** off u faggits.

someone said non pretentious that is literally exactly wat would make me hate someone

oh and i like making friends with people like me who mite not have much friends(quiet types) im like the shyest quiestest person but everyone thinks am rly cute :)
    why :confused:

i mean it depends what you call weird as well, some people can pull off weirdness better than others(appearence has a lot to play) some of my friends call me weird but i like play rugby and wear hollister/cantos/af clothes etc.) and am a jock. im weird becoz of the bands i like and the fact i still watch nickeloden shows from da 90s :D i can pull it off tho because im the boy next door :)

I'm not sure what kind of people I like, argumentative people and honest people, love a good debate.

But i'm certain I don't like you, and that's only after two posts, I don't know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I think someone mentioned it before, no drama, cant stand people who make a mountain out of a molehill.
    I like people who can have a laugh, and not be serious all the time. And be honest and up front about things, and dont mind me being honest and upfront either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Does anyone else build up scenarios of peoples' lives and personalities on the bus or DART, based solely by looking at them
    Yes! Try to read thir past, present and future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

chin_grin wrote: »
    People whose smiley faces look like a dos prompt.

Hehe, I was thinking the same. We should totally ditch these losers and hang out some time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Generally light hearted, funny, friendly, filthy, depraved, honest, open, decent taste in music and can enjoy a drink or 20.

If any of my friends don't fall under those categories it's because they've grown on me like a fungus that I can't scrape off. I love them no less but they annoy me and I like to scratch at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I like people with wicked sence of humors can get that I'm a filthy pervert and that i don't mean any of it... :D I don't care what they do what they like just as long as they have a sence of humor....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Does anyone else build up scenarios of peoples' lives and personalities on the bus or DART, based solely by looking at them, or is it just me? Ridiculous and shallow, but it's something to do.

I do in the morning before I've had coffee.

I just look at everybody and think, cunt, cunt, cunt etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

people who just want to have a bit of craic and dont take life too seriously

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I'm not sure what kind of people I like, argumentative people and honest people, love a good debate.

But i'm certain I don't like you, and that's only after two posts, I don't know why.

why becoz i seem like a d4???? look beyond the stereotype. didnt u ever watch the movie mean girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

why becoz i seem like a d4???? look beyond the stereotype. didnt u ever watch the movie mean girls?

No, because your attitude is shít, you seem to have a big ego, and lastly, you spell like a retard.

That's about it at the moment, but i'm sure there's more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement