Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does payment protection apply to existing balance or only future ones?

Options
  • 04-10-2010 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

this is just an example scenario and i'm just looking for the general industry norm here.

i have a credit card with 2000 owed on it. i take out payment protection. am i covered for the 2000 or only for any future balance going forward?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Random wrote: »
    this is just an example scenario and i'm just looking for the general industry norm here.

i have a credit card with 2000 owed on it. i take out payment protection. am i covered for the 2000 or only for any future balance going forward?

afaik if you need to claim on payment protection they generally just make the minimum payment due for 12 months. Can be for less time depending on policy. read the conditions of the payment protection before deciding on it. Also the insurers are shocking at the moment with putting a claim in with them from my experiences.

Advertisement