Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Albums/storybooks looked everywhere still confused??

• 04-10-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi, getting v confused with all the different companies and albums etc. and they vary in price so much. I've been on every site I think at this stage. Can anyone help and recommend a decent storybook album that won't eat my profits but will look great for the couple? :confused::eek: Cheers :eek:

I'm logged into trade sites also just to let you know. I don't want photobox.ie etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Sim2000 and Graphi do great Coffee Table albums. Go for the printed paper option rather than the photographic paper to keep the price down. There are loads of others as well but they will all be pretty similar in price and finish.

Why don't you pass on the cost to the couple so you have set profit from every wedding regardless of what album they pick? The price of the album shouldn't eat into your profits if you price the job properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I use Highcove.ie and they have something for every budget

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thinktwice

Cheers, I'm making a profit from it but honestly didn't realise the variety in albums. I'm aware of the higher end ones and thought I had seen lower priced storybooks! I have just given prints before and not done the whole album thing yet! Must do up a proper choice of albums and price ranges to suit. There are just so many!

Borderfox wrote: »
    I use Highcove.ie and they have something for every budget

Highcove is coming up as photostorie.ie. I registered with them the other day, still awaiting an account. Can you tell me the cheapest to dearest just so I have an idea or is it too varied?

Cheapest is €100 for a 12x12 studio album, €150 for 4 mini albums and €355 for an 18x12 storybook. All ex vat prices, showroom is over off Naas road, I can pm you the reps number.

• Advertisement

Excellent, do please, prices sound good thanks so much Borderfox you're always so helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Graphistudio were the ones which came up everywhere when I researched this and so they are the ones which I went with. I'll be open to other suggestions too and would hope to do a comparison over time as resources allow. Graphi appear to be a premium brand and hopefully their quality will be worth it.

What I also found out in researching this area is the cost of the traditional album with overlays is flippin expensive.

There's one little oddity to what you've posted, and forgive me in advance as I'm not regularly doing weddings so I don't particularly understand the business of it, but wouldn't you cost the album production into the end product so that your profit margin includes the album production?

Just to mention one other thing, I found if you go with a 'book' style offering - the album design/production is not a trivial matter and in terms of how you value your personal time, your skills, and your degree of being perfectionist; all of which will consume large portions of your time - so your package offerings should include the cost of this production.

I use Yervant Page Gallery to design and it takes so much of the hassle out of the books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I'm not sure there's a standard definition for a "storybook" album, so not exactly sure what you're looking for, but have a look at these maybe...

For press printed books (and more)

https://eu.asukabook.com/

For everything else look

http://loxleycolour.com/

as well as sim2000 mentioned above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I use Loxley's too, fantastic quality and their downloadable design tools are really handy.

Plus the showroom is just along the road from me which saves on delicery costs! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

we had mike brown at our camera club lastnight

he brought his range of photobooks

the are similar prices to blurb etc, but far supier in quality. the best i have seen of that level.

they are not trying to compete with graphi and the likes, but they are very good for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Another vote for Highcove, an excellent company to use.

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Another vote for Highcove, an excellent company to use.

Thanks all the helpful comments guys. Photostorie/highcove sent me their range and prices today and looks good. I had Loxley and Redwoodphoto and have a lot more now, so I'm gonna choose a suitable album for this recent wedding, then pick the best 3/4 to start using to suit my pricing. Onwards and upwards.....thanks again :p

Advertisement