Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling the gap between old floorboards

• 04-10-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

For appearance, cleaniness and draughtproof reasons I'd like to fill the gaps between my living room floorboards. Not right up to the surface mind - I like the look of the lines. The floor is stained dark mahogany, it's nearly black really.

Is there something suitable other than black silicone - I'd imagine dirt and dust ingraining inself into that..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

you can get wood filler in a tube i think its polyfilla that make it,you can apply it like silicone.stay away from plastic wood it will destroy your floors,and you cant sand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Ive seen rope being used on t'internet. It has some give in it, so wont crack

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭bob skunkhouse

I saw it on one of those Ch4 home improvement shows where they'd exactly the same problem. The designer showed them a neat little solution. They sanded down the floorboards and kept the sanding dust. They then mixed this with a clear wood glue and pasted it into the slots between the boards. Worked a treat and kept the same colour. This might be a consideration....

Advertisement