Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental plan!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Bart: In my weaker moments, I almost pity them. Then I just remind myself, they're trying to teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Trebor176 wrote: »
    [Moe is teaching Bart's class during the teachers' strike]

Moe: OK, when I call your name, uh, you say "present" or "here". Er, no, say "present". Ahem, Anita Bath?

[The kids laugh at him]

Moe: Alright, settle down. Anita Bath here?

[the laughing continues]

Moe: Alright, fine, fine. Maya Buttreeks!

[The kids enjoy even more laughter]

Moe: Hey, what are you laughing at? What? Oh, oh, I get it, I get it. It's my big ears, isn't it, Kids? Well, children, I can't help that!

[Moe runs out of the classroom]

Good ol' Moe trying to get a bit of dignity going there. Love the subtle nature of that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Stranded Girl: Hello? Mrs Pommelhourse. (Voice goes quiet and sad) I'd like to get down now.

I though of that line randomly in work one day and to get up and go to the bathroom I started laughing so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

"Theres something very unsettling about flying a kite at night"

"Hello mother dear....."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭Rawr

Man: Oh my god! The PTA has disbanded! Ah-ah-ah AHHHHHH!! (Jumps out of window)

Ned: No nooo, the PTA has not dispanded.

Man: aaaaaaaAAAHH! (Jumps back though window and sits down)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Homer (politely): "Sooo, I notice your home smells of faeces..."
    Woman: "Yes"
    Homer: "...and not just monkey faeces either."
    Woman: "Can we talk about something else?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

We've squozen our whole supply. To the lemon tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

According to animal crackers, there is no river here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Kirk: "SO thats it...after 20 years, so long....good luck!!"
    Cracker Company Boss: "I don't recall saying Good luck"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

A haype o grandpa simpson quotes! :D

"The government. I didn't earn it, I don't need it, but if they miss one payment, I'll raise hell!"

"Old Macdonald had a farm e-i-e-i-o. And on that farm he had a chick, the swingest chick I know! With a wiggle wiggle here and a wiggle wiggle there!"

"Hello? Hello? You have my pills! Hello? I'm cold, and there are wolves after me." [Wolves howl in the distance]

Grampa: "Well, well, well! Before I was just too old and no one wanted my help. Suddenly, look who comes to old Grampa for - wait! Where are you going? Come back, I'll tell ya. He was right under my nose the whole time. He lives in my retirement home. His name is Malloy."

Lisa: "Wow! How'd you track him down, Grampa?"

Grampa: "Good question. On one of my frequent trips to the ground, I noticed Malloy wore sneakers, for sneaking. My next clue came justyesterday at the museum. We felt slighted by your age bashing and started home. Malloy said, 'I'll catch up with you.' [Malloy starts climbing the side of the building] I couldn't quite put my finger on it. There was something strange about the way he walked, much more vertical than usual. And finally, Malloy, unlike most retired people, has the world's largest cubic zirconia on his coffee table."

"Anyway, about my washtub. I just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking bird. We'd always have walking bird on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, and yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball."

"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it."

"Now! Hey, listen! Now, my story begins in 19 dickety two. We had to say dickety 'cause that Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety six miles."

And my personal favourite

"We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I took the fairy to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh ya. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because if the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

A haype o grandpa simpson quotes! :D

"The government. I didn't earn it, I don't need it, but if they miss one payment, I'll raise hell!"

"Old Macdonald had a farm e-i-e-i-o. And on that farm he had a chick, the swingest chick I know! With a wiggle wiggle here and a wiggle wiggle there!"

"Hello? Hello? You have my pills! Hello? I'm cold, and there are wolves after me." [Wolves howl in the distance]

Grampa: "Well, well, well! Before I was just too old and no one wanted my help. Suddenly, look who comes to old Grampa for - wait! Where are you going? Come back, I'll tell ya. He was right under my nose the whole time. He lives in my retirement home. His name is Malloy."

Lisa: "Wow! How'd you track him down, Grampa?"

Grampa: "Good question. On one of my frequent trips to the ground, I noticed Malloy wore sneakers, for sneaking. My next clue came justyesterday at the museum. We felt slighted by your age bashing and started home. Malloy said, 'I'll catch up with you.' [Malloy starts climbing the side of the building] I couldn't quite put my finger on it. There was something strange about the way he walked, much more vertical than usual. And finally, Malloy, unlike most retired people, has the world's largest cubic zirconia on his coffee table."

"Anyway, about my washtub. I just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking bird. We'd always have walking bird on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, and yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball."

"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it."

"Now! Hey, listen! Now, my story begins in 19 dickety two. We had to say dickety 'cause that Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety six miles."

And my personal favourite

"We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I took the fairy to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh ya. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because if the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones."

Grampa: "Welcome home, Son. I broke two lamps and lost all your mail. What's wrong with your wife?"

Homer: "Never mind, you wouldn't understand."

Grampa: "Flu?"

Homer: "No."

Grampa: "Protein deficiency?"

Grampa: "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?"

Grampa: "Unsatisfying sex life?"

Homer: "N- yes! But please, don't you say that word!"

Grampa: "What, seeeex? What's so unappealing about hearing your elderly father talk about sex? I had sex."

"Ah, there's an interesting story behind this nickel. In 1957, I remember it was, I got up in the morning and made myself a piece of toast. I set the toaster to three: medium brown."

"Not many people know this, but I own the first radio in Springfield. Not much on the air then, just Edison reciting the alphabet over and over. A he'd say; then B. C would usually follow..."

Grampa: "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?"

That one cracks me consistently up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

It's the way he says it :D

"Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosiiiiiiiiiiis"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Stranded Girl: Hello? Mrs Pommelhourse. (Voice goes quiet and sad) I'd like to get down now.

I though of that line randomly in work one day and to get up and go to the bathroom I started laughing so hard

Yeah, the tone of voice is hilarious. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Galway K9 wrote: »

I LOVE this exchange. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Galway K9 wrote: »

Kirk, crackers are a family food, happy families. Maybe single people eat crackers, we don't know. Frankly, we don't want to know. It's a market we can do without.

It's the way he says it :D

"Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosiiiiiiiiiiis"

If you google that word, you will find the Wikipedia entry for it. It is officially the longest word in the English language. God knows how it ended up in the Simpsons.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Come gather round, children,
    It's high time ye learned
    'Bout a hero named Homer
    And a devil named Burns.
    We'll march 'till we drop
    The girls and the fellas.
    We'll fight 'till the death
    Or else fold like umbrellas.
    So we'll march day and night
    By the big cooling tower.
    They have the plant
    But we have the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Come gather round, children,
    It's high time ye learned
    'Bout a hero named Homer
    And a devil named Burns.
    We'll march 'till we drop
    The girls and the fellas.
    We'll fight 'till the death
    Or else fold like umbrellas.
    So we'll march day and night
    By the big cooling tower.
    They have the plant
    But we have the power.

'Now play classical gas'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I'd like to file for... Divorce.

These things happen, eight dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

"What time is it?"

"Twelve eighty. No wait... Wait.. what comes after twelve?"

"One."

"No, after twelve"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Principal Skinner: Mother hid my car keys to punish me for talking to a woman on the phone... She was right to do it.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    'Now play classical gas'...

You sunk my battleship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Dont quit your day job chief....whatever that is! Hahaha

This one always gets me, just the logical twists and turns of it:

Bart: Uh, say, are you guys crooks?
    Fat Tony: Bart, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?
    Bart: No.
    Fat Tony: Well, suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?
    Bart: Uh uh.
    Fat Tony: And, what if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes?
    Bart: I guess that's okay.
    Fat Tony: Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime, Bart?
    Bart: Hell, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Ned Flanders: Uh, huh-huh... Homer, ah... About those things you borrowed from me over the years, you know, the TV trays, the power sander, the downstairs bathtub... You gonna be... needing those things in Cypress Creek?
    Homer: Yes.
    Ned Flanders: Oh. Uh...
    Homer: [coaches Flanders] Ok-ily do-kily...
    Ned Flanders: Okily dokily!

Bart: Let me get this straight: we're behind the rest of our class and we're going to catch up to them by going slower than they are? Coo Coo!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,611 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Hired goons?

Hired goons?

Fixes Tie.

• Advertisement

Hired goons?

I prefer the personal touch you only get with hired goons

Advertisement