Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental plan!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭The Pooka

Now this is the room with electricity... But it has too much electricity... So, I dunno, you might want to wear a hat...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I'd wager he has some variety of walking clock in that box.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Helllooooooo! Mrs. Pummelhorse?

I'd like to get down now..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Whoa, fat sarcastic Star Trek fan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I've had it with this school, Skinner! The low test scores, class after class of ugly, ugly children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭Rawr

C14N wrote: »
    I've had it with this school, Skinner! The low test scores, class after class of ugly, ugly children.

[Superintendant Chalmers sees Principal Skinner's kitchen on fire]
    Chalmers: Good Lord, what is happening in there?

Skinner: The Aurora Borealis?

Chalmers: The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

Skinner: Yes.

Chalmers: May I see it?

Skinner: ....No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Aah, the sweet couple of seconds before I remember why I'm sleeping on the lawn.

Whoa, fat sarcastic Star Trek fan

I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Mr Burns: How much for your entire collection?
    Comic Book Guy: Um..the speed of light expressed in dollars
    Smithers: Just give him Faraday's constant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]Fat Tony: Chief Wiggum.. you honor us with your presense.

Wiggum: Baloney! I'm not gonna rest until one of us is behind bars... you! You wouldn't happen to know anything about a cigarette truck that got hijacked on route 401?

Fat Tony: What's a truck?

Wiggum: Don't play dumb with me!

Fat Tony: Relax Chief, you seem tense. You know the boy here makes an excellent Manhatten.

Wiggum: sip .. yea. I'm still gonna put you away, y'know.

Fat Tony: Good for you.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Advertisement

I am sorry to hear of the hijacking. To make up for this Laramie Tobacco has sent a new truck to Springfield, and the driver has been specifically instructed to ignore all stop signs and crosswalks.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

Nelson: So burn the flag if you must, but before you do, you better burn a few other things! You better burn your shirt and your pants! Be sure to burn your TV and car! Oh yes, and don't forget to burn your house! Because none of those things could exist without six white stripes, seven red stripes, and a hell of a lot of stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

My back is spineless. My belly is yellow. I am the American non-voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Ding, dong. The sound of the Liberty Bell. Ding. Freedom. Dong. Opportunity. Ding. Excellent schools Dong. Quality hospitals.

Might as well stick with the theme

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

Marge: Look, the I.R.S.
    Homer: [out the window] BOO!
    I.R.S. Employee: [out his office window] Oh, boo yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,609 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Sam Simon, the co-creator of 'The Simpsons' has died, aged 59.

Boo-urns.

RIP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/the-simpsons/11460140/Sam-Simon-creator-of-The-Simpsons-dies-at-59.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭Rawr

Faith Crowley: And here are your V.I.P. badges. These will get into place regular tourists never get to see!

Homer: Oh, miss! What does the "I" stand for?

Crowley: Um..."Important."

Homer: Oh, okay. What about the "V"?

Crowley: "Very."

Homer: Miss, just one more qu...

Crowley: "Person."

Homer: Uh-huh...........What does the "I" stand for again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Skinner: Tonight, Sherberts, oops, heh heh, Schubert's Unfinished Symphony.
    Homer:
    Oh good, unfinished! This shouldn't take long.

Don't worry, you won't feel a thing, until I jam this down your throat.

I am sorry to hear of the hijacking. To make up for this Laramie Tobacco has sent a new truck to Springfield, and the driver has been specifically instructed to ignore all stop signs and crosswalks.

Bart, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family? Well suppose you've got a large starving family, is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them? And what if your family don't like bread? They like...cigarettes. Now, what if, instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime, Bart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogs-head and that’s the way I likes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Homer: Yeah, sure, for you, a baby's all fun and games. For me, it's diaper changes and midnight feedings.
    Lisa: Doesn't Mom do that stuff?
    Homer: Yeah, but I have to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Is anyone else watching the show on RTE2 right now? It seems like they're airing the remastered classic episodes, because they're all cropped and filtered to hell. Needless to say, I'm not a fan.

Is anyone else watching the show on RTE2 right now? It seems like they're airing the remastered classic episodes, because they're all cropped and filtered to hell. Needless to say, I'm not a fan.

Season 8 ain't quite classic but they've started editing and censoring the **** out of the episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Season 8 ain't quite classic but they've started editing and censoring the **** out of the episodes.
    No, it's not that. I mean the overall appearance of the episode (the Beer Baron episode was pretty much intact). It's supposed to be in HD, but from appearances, it looks as if they couldn't locate all the original film negatives, as some bits here and there looked upscaled from a tape based source. Not to mention the fact that it was cropped for widescreen which just ruins the composition and gives it a claustrophobic appearance because of that. It seems to be based on what FX in the US is showing, as that was announced that the show would be presented in that way when it was going to appear there.

No, it's not that. I mean the overall appearance of the episode (the Beer Baron episode was pretty much intact). It's supposed to be in HD, but from appearances, it looks as if they couldn't locate all the original film negatives, as some bits here and there looked upscaled from a tape based source. Not to mention the fact that it was cropped for widescreen which just ruins the composition and gives it a claustrophobic appearance because of that. It seems to be based on what FX in the US is showing, as that was announced that the show would be presented in that way when it was going to appear there.

So, best buy up old DVD boxsets, since HD won't add much anyway.
    But forcing old stuff into widescreen is not always the fault of the people who edited the boxset, sometimes the TV station are the assholes to blame.
    It can't be cropped to fit, so it gets stretched, and progressively more so towards the edges of the picture. Some cropping does occur. So everything looks wrong.
    Just show it in the right format and live with the black bars on the side, FFS!
    RTE was 10 years late to the widescreen and later HD party, so now they're doing it twice as hard as anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Season 8 is classic.It's one of the show strongest seasons

You Only Move Twice
    Homer They Fall
    A Milhouse Divided
    The Springfield Files
    Homers Phobia
    Brother from Another Series
    Homer Vs The 18th Amendment
    Grade School Confidential

All the above episodes are flawless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Top of the morning to ye on this gray, grizzly afternoon. Kent O'Brockman live on Main Street, where today everyone is a little bit Irish, except, of course, for the gays and the Italians.

"Moe, thank god you're here. We'd like to come in and drink please"

"Look at me! I'm the prime minister of Ireland!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,609 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Bart: Whacking Day is a sham! It was originally conceived in 1922 as an excuse to beat up on the Irish!

Old Irishman: 'Tis true. I took many a lump, but 'twas all in good fun.

Advertisement