Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing an office chair

• 04-10-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

I have a good office chair for my pc at home but the plastic star shape part at the bottom that has the castors on it is broken, one of the "legs" broke off. Would anyone know where I could get a replacement part, seems a shame to throw out an otherwise perfectly good chair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

anyone?

Such a chair wouldn't be something that parts are sold for (unlike cars or washing machines). If it was a really top class chair then you could try buy a cheap, secondhand item and see if you can swap things over.

There is an architectural salvage/junk yard on the South Circular Rd (past the old John Player factory but before Dolphins Barn) that would have dozens of such chairs - probably selling for a tenner or the like. You could try rooting around there to find a match

Advertisement