Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polish man dead.

• 04-10-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A Polish man who was assaulted in Dublin at the weekend has died in hospital.

The 27-year-old was attacked at Newtown Industrial Estate in Coolock in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Lukas Rzeszutko was on his way to work at the Newtown Industrial Estate in Coolock at around 5am on Saturday morning when he was attacked.

He was badly beaten and suffered serious head injuries. He was later found lying on the side of the road and was rushed to Beaumont Hospital.

This evening he lost his fight for life.

Earlier today, a 20-year-old man was brought before the Dublin District Court charged in connection with the incident.

Edward Byrne, of the YMCA Hostel in Dublin 8, was charged with assault causing harm and was remanded in custody. He's to appear in court again on Friday.

Two teenagers were also arrested in connection with the incident, they're still being questioned by Gardaí.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/coolock-assault-victim-dies-476393.html#ixzz11QNR3kuH

Fuckin' sickening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Ed byrne, never would have had him down as that kind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

K, but if the victim was just an ordinary irish lad, would there be such a big story here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

MidlandsM wrote: »
    K, but if the victim was just an ordinary irish lad, would there be such a big story here?

No, we've never had any threads on any murders of Irish people here. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Probably. It's moot.

Fact of the matter is - this Polish lad was on his way to work in the early hours of the morning, probably busting his balls to make a better life for himself when this scumbag took his life from him.

I hope they prosecute this guy to the fullest extent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

How many posts until someone mentions the death penalty? :pac:

My sympathies to the deceased's family, sad and terrible way for someone to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

dlofnep wrote: »

I'd prefer they let him go tbh, I think the punishment would be more likely to be fair that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

There would be if the perpetrator was middle class.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Suspended Sentance...

but yeah, it's fúcking ridiculas reading stuff like this. Saw it earlier while browsing RTE.IE.

Would want to know what was going through that guy's head when he decided to attack the Polish fella...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Would want to know what was going through that guy's head when he decided to attack the Polish fella...

Probably contemplating advanced quantum theory or perhaps a radical new invention to help improve society as a whole.

• Advertisement

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0705/ngc4449_hager.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Scumbags, the grining bastard in Longford who was charged with the firebomb attack that caused the terrible burns to an 11 year old changed my mind about the death penalty. Society would be better off without such vermin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Probably thinking how hard done he's been through his twenty years of life..... blah, blah.
    He'll get to see 27 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Probably. It's moot.

Fact of the matter is - this Polish lad was on his way to work in the early hours of the morning, probably busting his balls to make a better life for himself when this scumbag took his life from him.

Completely agree with this. What the f#k is up with these kind of scumbags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

What the fúck is the story with the title?

Nevore wrote: »
    Edward Byrne, of the YMCA Hostel in Dublin 8, was charged with assault causing harm and was remanded in custody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I suppose we'll get to hear how the perpatrator had a hard life and has problems and wah wah wah. Add to that the multiple priors he undoubtedly has.

Sick of hearing about stuff like this. There is an entire sector of society that we have made into victims when they are nothing but scumbags. They don't need help, they need to be left to die out.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Sincere sympathies to the man's family, such a sad and terrible way to lose someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lanzarote

Of course it will..
    Have you forgotten Brian Murphy to mention one!
    This young man (Polish in this case, was going to work very early on the morning like many Irish young men of course !!.) and he found dead.
    Why ? Because he was Polish? We dont know..but I could guess that if instead of him,they got you.May be you would be dead by now..
    Normal people and nice people of Ireland and living in Ireland are talking about this senseless murder.Regarless were the person is Irish,Polish,Spanish from Coolock or from Blackrock or happen in Coolock or Lesson Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

I suppose we'll get to hear how the perpatrator had a hard life and has problems and wah wah wah. Add to that the multiple priors he undoubtedly has.

Sick of hearing about stuff like this. There is an entire sector of society that we have made into victims when they are nothing but scumbags. They don't need help, they need to be left to die out.

Yeah and this is why the country is fecked too many junkies if the government wanna save 3billion stop giving every junkie knack and scum bag benefits for there cans drugs and the icing on the cake most them get a free apartment or house!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

This is disgusting and the worst part of it is that he will probably be free in under 10 years and free, while the innocent Polish guy lays cold in the grave. This scumbag will now cost the taxpayer million in jail and legal fees.

We need the Death Penalty and he should be hung up tight by the throat and crack the scumbags neck.

This guy was over here maybe supporting a family, working a menial job and paying Tax, to be killed like this goes against the Irish spirit and it is even worse than scum on scum crime. What sort of a message about Ireland does this send out about Ireland?

RIP to the dead man and my sympathies and apologies from Ireland to his family.

http://www.inewscatcher.com/timages/41584f1585e22f81bbc5b9edeb974def.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fcuk the death penalty.. easy way out for scum like him. It costs more than life imprisonment too.

They should reintroduce hard labor.. and increase the minimum sentence for murder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Fcuk the death penalty.. easy way out for scum like him. It costs more than life imprisonment too.

They should reintroduce hard labor.. and increase the minimum sentence for murder

With daily horsewhippings and mandatory castration.

That's incorrect. It's more expensive in the US, sure, because they allow appeals.
    We should be drawing on the experiences of our friends in China. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DJMousehand

"Defence solicitor John Feeney told Judge McHugh that his client, who was dressed in a grey hooded top, black tracksuit bottoms and white trainers and remained silent during the proceedings, was deferring a bail application until Friday next.

Judge McHugh said that given the seriousness of the charges he was remanding the accused in custody to appear at Cloverhill District Court on October 8.

Legal aid was granted after the court heard that the defendant was unemployed."

Talk about scum tracksuits and trainers and him after bludgeoning an innocent man, then have some legal aid courtesy of the mans taxes you just murdered.

God help that Polish Mans family I see the poor chap lived with his brother in Dublin, only to go to work to meet his fate at the hands of an ugly, ignorant scumbag.

I hope that little p^ick gets a good savaging in jail when they find him guilty of murder which i am sure will have to happen.

These parasites need to be irradiated and if the government don’t reform the penalties in law the normal Irish taxpayer, the one that does an honest days work and acts in a socially acceptable manner will eventually turn into the one that ensures real justice is done by killing scum like this themselves.

I’m just outraged at what happens to innocent people.

Sympathies to the family of the deceased i am sure they can never recover from the suffering that worthless nacker has inflicted on their family and society.

We should not accept the behaviour of these halfwits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

That's incorrect. It's more expensive in the US, sure, because they allow appeals.
    We should be drawing on the experiences of our friends in China. :cool:

+1

In china they shoot you, then bill the bullet to your family.

Still again, what if they gave the Guilford Four the death penalty? YOu'd run the risk of sending innocents to their deaths.

I'd like to say that there is no remission from the death penalty. But going by criminal standards in this country, there is never any remission from scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I hate these type of threads. I agree that it's a sad thing to hear of the murder of anyone - but you can be guaranteed that all that follows is page after page of calls for retribution, the death penalty & eradication of "scumbags".

It'd be like reading the letters page of the Daily Mail if they had one.

When someone is killed, the last thing I want to read is calls for more blood to be spilled.

• Advertisement

garymcnul wrote: »

These parasites need to be irradiated

But that'll just just preserve them for longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

On conviction, whats the sentence for murder these days ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I hate these type of threads. I agree that it's a sad thing to hear of the murder of anyone - but you can be guaranteed that all that follows is page after page of calls for retribution, the death penalty & eradication of "scumbags".

It'd be like reading the letters page of the Daily Mail if they had one.

When someone is killed, the last thing I want to read is calls for more blood to be spilled.

Bloody liberal wimp.

:p

In fairness though, there is no correction or rehabilitation for scum like this. All we would be doing by placing these thugs in jail is to feed their criminal appetite and pay for it.

Bring back the chain gangs. Let these type of people suffer for their crimes, and REALLY make them not want to be back there again.

If they are back again, then maybe the bullet.

We really should as a country be taking a MUCH harder line on criminals and murderers. Everyone has known this for years. But our inept legal system just doesn't have the balls to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fearaserin

:(I agree with the poster who said that he was saddened by a needless death and also by the fact that the boards will be full of postings calling for retribution and revenge. Perhaps it would be more constructive to lok at the reasons why someone like this young man would do such a thing and what it says about human society. Indeed, it is an important question to ask, what should any society do to punish someone who viciously beats a total stranger to death without provocation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

that poor man, its lousy, my sympathy to his family....may he rest in peace...

those who done it, will get no luck for it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

On conviction, whats the sentence for murder these days ?

for murder its always been "Life " which nowadays is roughly 17 years, but you will be on licence for life..

manslaughter can be anything from a suspended sentence to life..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Connie_c28

I read somewhere today that the Gardai think there may have been anywhere up to 12 people involved yet only one on the full charge and a further 2 in custody???

God love his poor family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I bet you they wont even get convicted of murder, Manslaughter, out in 5 or some crap. Bet the scummers never worked a day in their worthless chavvy lives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

I really have no idea if his nationality was a factor, but I do think that relative to our population, we have seen a surprising number of newcomers murdered or seriously injured over the last few years, when you strip out the figures for gang related incidents which many seem to have become a little desensitised to.

Maybe there is no correlation, but I have a feeling if we go sorting through the figures we may not like what we see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Horrible, senseless crime. IMO most of these types of crimes are a ultimately a result of bad parenting. People have kids and dont raise them properly. Then its left to the rest of society to suffer the consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd be quite willing to pull the trigger on that piece of sh1t.

If a party were to campaign on a proper judicial system I think they'd soon find themselves in the Dail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Completely agree with this. What the f#k is up with these kind of scumbags?

I have asked the very question here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056051849

their zombie like rotten brains do not comprehend that if you hit someoene's head wit ha hurley, stab someone's head with a screwdriver, toss a petrol bomb into someone's bedroom in the middle of the nite, kick someone unconsious and leave lying in a puddle of blood etc. it is more then likely to cause death...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Horrible, senseless crime. IMO most of these types of crimes are a ultimately a result of bad parenting. People have kids and dont raise them properly. Then its left to the rest of society to suffer the consequences.
    Most parents don't know how to raise their kids. They drag them up through life. I'm sorry but the more i think about it the more i'm convinced people should need a licence to have kids because we can't just go on and on producing scum like this fella or we will never have a just society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AnselmSakky

Do any of you remember Guido Nasi. He was beaten up in Fairview park in 1999 and is Italian. He's paraplegic now. I've seen photos of him since then though back in fairview and he's smiling and saying how he loves ireland. The guys that did that are walking free. There should be a statue of that guy up in that park.

Bloody liberal wimp.

:p

In fairness though, there is no correction or rehabilitation for scum like this. All we would be doing by placing these thugs in jail is to feed their criminal appetite and pay for it.

Bring back the chain gangs. Let these type of people suffer for their crimes, and REALLY make them not want to be back there again.

If they are back again, then maybe the bullet.

We really should as a country be taking a MUCH harder line on criminals and murderers. Everyone has known this for years. But our inept legal system just doesn't have the balls to do this.

It's such an obvious point as to be a cliche by now but it's possible to be filled with sadness at this young man's death - and to detest he person that did it - without going on some draconian law and order trip. The harder line you are proposing hasn't really provided a long-term answer to this kind of behaviour although I can understand the thirst for revenge. Certainly a part of me would like to see the guys that did this beaten to death (so I can only imagine the victim's family - if it was my son or brother I don't think I could stay sane) but it's hardly the long-term answer and if we must be anything, we have to be better than the pond-life that did this or what are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

stovelid wrote: »
    It's such an obvious point as to be a cliche by now but it's possible to be filled with sadness at this young man's death - and to detest he person that did it - without going on some draconian law and order trip. The harder line you are proposing hasn't really provided a long-term answer to this kind of behaviour although I can understand the thirst for revenge. Certainly a part of me would like to see the guys that did this beaten to death (so I can only imagine the victim's family - if it was my son or brother I don't think I could stay sane) but it's hardly the long-term answer and if we must be anything, we have to be better than the pond-life that did this or what are we?

I wouldnt consider criminals having to pay for their prison up keep with actual labour any form of draconian law. As it is they dont have to participate in councelling or rehab. Its pretty free reign.

We should be taking a harder line and prison should involve mandatory work.

Besides there is nothing worse than an idle mind. and work itself provides a form of self worth / rehab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

me@ucd wrote: »
    Ed byrne, never would have had him down as that kind

I've wanted to do it to him on several occasions.

I'd be quite willing to pull the trigger on that piece of sh1t.

If a party were to campaign on a proper judicial system I think they'd soon find themselves in the Dail.

Off you go. Nobody is stopping you. (on both counts)

Volthar wrote: »
    I have asked the very question here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056051849

their zombie like rotten brains do not comprehend that if you hit someoene's head wit ha hurley, stab someone's head with a screwdriver, toss a petrol bomb into someone's bedroom in the middle of the nite, kick someone unconsious and leave lying in a puddle of blood etc. it is more then likely to cause death...

That's exactly why they're doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

I know it's AH and usual rules etc are out the window but really the thread title is in such poor taste, a young man is dead and the title is a very tenuous link to where the alledged perpetrator is living.

It should be changed, I thought it was going to be a light hearted thread, not what it actually is.

Mr Magners wrote: »
    I thought it was going to be a light hearted thread, not what it actually is.

I thought life was gonna be light hearted.

There's one on the same subject here in politics for you.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056051603

Title may be more to your liking, but it's locked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement