Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polish man dead.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

aDeener wrote: »
    won't happen unfortunately

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Sickened to hear this news this morning.

Lukasz, spoczywaj w pokoju :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

We have plenty of infrastructure that needs help rebuilding. Roads, buildings etc etc that would be a good use of forced labour. Plus, it may give some convicts some extra skills for when / if they get out.

Yep, if found guilty he'll be doing a great job as pothole filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Zulu wrote: »
    I've long been of the opinion that our society needs to make a clear decision whether it wants to rehabilitate or punish. I don't think a mixture can be successfully achieved.

I think rehabilitation should be in place for drug addicts caught in possession or people with mental illnesses that committed crimes.

I don't think senseless murder can be rehabilitated.

irrespective of the mans color creed or race his senseless death is nothing but tragic :(

condolances to his family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Lukas Rzeszutko - R.I.P

Edward Byrne - hope you take some bad smack and choke to death on your own vomit, you fucking piece of shit :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Soft.

Criminals literally get away with murder in this country. Its a farce. Its a farce on the self respecting law abiding citizens of this country that we went through hell to call our own, that little knacker scumbags can basically get away with anything they like, without fear of retribution or punishment.

Correction / rehabilitation does not work in most cases. This has been proven in the states. And looking at the number of scummers walking the streets and re-offending here, it quite obviously doesn't work here either.

We need a harder line judicial system. People need ot fear breaking serious laws.

Obviously, you can't go hanging everyone - but letting everyone scum criminal off after a few years is hardly an adequate solution.

Poland have recently stepped up their hard line on certain crimes - chemical castration for perpetrators of sexual crimes. We and other countries need to follow suit. (yes, I'm aware that Poland may not be the best example, considering their government etc).

Its sickening to think, that this guy will be either out after a few years, or will have his sentence suspended if he's not convicted of murder.

What if they have the wrong guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

mikom wrote: »
    Shall we have a poll as to what it should be titled?
    Posters pissed and moaned about the first title, but maybe I should have left it.

"Bring back the birch" or "hangings too good for them" perhaps.

Sometimes the less said the better and this is a perfect example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sometimes the less said the better and this is a perfect example.

Your post or mine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Obaraten wrote: »
    Niech spoczywa w pokoju

Translation for non-Polish speakers: "May he rest in peace."

Zgadzam się.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Edward Byrnes from the YMCA in Dublin 8 you say?

I know of him from when my sister lived there for a while. (Don't ask.)

Out and out scum bag. Should have his balls chopped off, forced to teabag himself and then kicked in the jaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Frightening to think how you could wake up one morning, go through your usual shower, dressing, breakfast and head to your job only to be dead (for all intents and purposes) in a matter of probably seconds and at the whim of a group of utterly useless human beings.

This guy is, I believe, going to be charged with manslaughter and receive a fairly tame sentence for his crime. May he burn in hell when he gets there.

RIP.

Your post or mine?

such waffle......... on and on and on... and nothing most of the time. Why persist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

such waffle......... on and on and on... and nothing most of the time. Why persist?
    Can you not just answer the question? Just because Mikom is generally a witty and funny poster that doesn't mean he can't have a serious post or twelve.

By the way, irony, delicious, keep it coming.

Bonito wrote: »
    Can you not just answer the question? Just because Mikom is generally a witty and funny poster that doesn't mean he can't have a serious post or twelve.

By the way, irony, delicious, keep it coming.

i did and you missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LifesgoodwithLG

Lukas Rzeszutko - R.I.P My thoughts are with his family and friends

Words can't begin to describe the horror and revulsion I felt when I heard that he has passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

If it gets up your nostrils then put me on ignore.
    Or else you can avoid Afterhours altogether and spend your time shilling in the gardening section.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Jesus, the petty you said I said stuff is getting tiresome.

Anyway I have a nice solution. If you kill someone from another country, or EU only maybe, you are sentenced here but your sentence is carried out there.

This would get the scumbags out of their prison comfort zone, surrounded by classmates and local fellow chavs - to a place where prisoners and staff are going to be hostile.

That would be hellish, and this guy deserves no less.

If it gets up your nostrils then put me on ignore.

A preacher out of practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Quit the bitchin please and get back on topic, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I for one hope the scumbag(s) responsible suffer a miserable and painful death, the sooner the better. I'm sick of the sh*t element in our society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

RIP. What horrible news for a family to receive in Poland - I believe he had just one brother living over here with him. Can't imagine what it was like to make that call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

A Polish man has been killed & a man has been arrested. That's all that we know. Yet, the posse has already been rounded up, the nooses tied & the gallows built....

My only question is - whatever happened to a fair trial? Or even a trial, presuming that the arrested man is even tried for the attack?

He may well be guilty, but this kind of sh*t really bugs me...

dlofnep wrote: »
    this scumbag took his life from him.

I hope they prosecute this guy to the fullest extent.
    There is an entire sector of society that we have made into victims when they are nothing but scumbags. They don't need help, they need to be left to die out.
    Stinicker wrote: »
    This scumbag will now cost the taxpayer million in jail and legal fees.

We need the Death Penalty and he should be hung up tight by the throat and crack the scumbags neck.

Fcuk the death penalty.. easy way out for scum like him.
    garymcnul wrote: »
    I hope that little p^ick gets a good savaging in jail when they find him guilty of murder which i am sure will have to happen. [/COLOR]

These parasites need to be irradiated
    marcsignal wrote: »

Edward Byrne - hope you take some bad smack and choke to death on your own vomit, you fucking piece of shit :mad:

I'd be quite willing to pull the trigger on that piece of sh1t.

So much for the proposed charter changes on abusive posting in AH.

And as for the death penalty, my opinion on that is as I posted a while back in another thread;

It always strikes me as peculiar that the only time people call for the death sentence is in the case of murder.

It seems rather arbitrary too. If all crimes were to be punished in an "eye for an eye" fashion, we'd have a rather strange justice system where rape would be the punishment for rape, theft would be punished by stealing & there would have to be some very inventive ways of dealing with public order offences etc.

The death of a young (person) is sad, but the rabble response is not what civilised nations are built upon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Oh **** Off.

It's obvious what happened. A young fella on his way to work was kicked to death by a bunch of worthless scumbags. The scumbag is going to get convicted of manslaughter and get a pissy sentence. This is wrong. It's happened ten's of times before so get off your ****ing horse.

Ban whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

I posted this in another thread:

Is prison any kind of a deterrent though? I was ordering a Chinese in a local takeaway last week, when in walked a few lads that could be reliably be categorised as rough. I overheard their conversation, which appeared to revolve around the number of court cases they had outstanding and whether or not "Paddy" was getting out this month.

The overall impression was that their sentences were a badge of manhood, something to take pride in, that you weren't one of the lads until you'd been inside. The impression from the younger ones was of being awed by the more hardened in the group.

I felt like talking to them and asking why they would be satisfied to spend so much time in prison, when most young men their age wouldn't be content with that lifestyle. Until this attitude is dealt with, we can expect more crimes on our streets.

So, the question remains, how to deal with it and break the cycle. There are numerous possible solutions, few of which are palatable to a civilised society.

Heckler wrote: »
    Oh **** Off.

It's obvious what happened. A young fella on his way to work was kicked to death by a bunch of worthless scumbags. The scumbag is going to get convicted of manslaughter and get a pissy sentence. This is wrong. It's happened ten's of times before so get off your ****ing horse.

Ban whatever.

Can you not make a point without telling people to f*ck off?

Or do you admire Paul Gogarty so much that you have adopted his style of debate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Heckler wrote: »
    Oh **** Off.

Nobody said your hypothetical scenario wasn't wrong, just that they disagree with state-sanctioned torture/murder.
    Some of the fantasies people dream up on these threads - and they consider themselves civilised...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The fact that we tolerate, or rather sponsor these utter scumbags lifestyles is appalling.

I work in public transport and i deal with these sub-humans on a daily basis and they make life for staff and decent ordinary passengers a nightmare. Just today i had a lovely young 'misunderstood' gentleman, who was pissed out of his mind at 5 in the evening on a Tuesday, tell me that i was "nothing but a ****ing prick" and he was going to "beat me into a coma" the next time he saw me downtown because i was unreasonable enough to do my job and ask him to step outside of the station while he was smoking because he kept walking back in to talk to his buddy with a lit fag in his hand.

I can gaurantee you that this piece of walking feces had numerous priors (he had a lovely big scar on his neck where it looked like someone had tried to off him) and probably won't see any kind of serious justice when he decides to carry out what he threatened me with today on some other random taxpayer that he feels has wronged him.

Society in general is tired of these people and how much we pander to them. I see it every day. People are tired of being afraid, tired of being inconvienced and tired of picking up the tab for people with 'problems' or 'disadvantaged' people. They're scumbags, call a spade a spade. If you rack up three minor convictions you should have your dole stopped and you should be kicked out of your council house. If you commit a serious offence the sentence should be incredibly harsh and long and the conditions should be the bare minimum allowed under The Declaration of Human Right.

There's no 'rehabilitating' 99.9% of these people. We need to stop pandering to them and cut them lose instead of having state-sponsored scum-baggery as a valid career choice for people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭CCCP

I'm so sorry for the family. Its a tragedy.

I for one am tired of this Gandhi attitude to Murderers. Particularly motiveless murderers.These scum need to be eradicated from society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I hate these type of threads. I agree that it's a sad thing to hear of the murder of anyone - but you can be guaranteed that all that follows is page after page of calls for retribution, the death penalty & eradication of "scumbags".

It'd be like reading the letters page of the Daily Mail if they had one.

When someone is killed, the last thing I want to read is calls for more blood to be spilled.

To be honest with you, what exactly do you want people's reactions to be?? oh those young fellas must come from underpriviledged backgrounds scapegoat/excuse bullsh!t....:rolleyes:
    Whatever way you cut it these subhuman vermin murdered this guy in cold blood without a care in the world. Its normal & healthy that people are reacting in anger. I'd be more worried if it was all nerdtastic puns & limp-wristed hippy talk. Its a justified reaction. Or is it unacceptable to condemn murder these days? Not trendy or something?

Now i agree some of the hardman talk from a few posters is tiresome & purely self-serving but its a disgusting crime & people are pissed off, im pissed off & expecting the usual irish weakling sentencing from one of our walk-over judges.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

By all means give the man a fair trial but if/when he is found guilty dip him into a vat of boiling oil!

Might make some scumbags think twice in taking a mans life.

To be honest with you, what exactly do you want people's reactions to be?? oh those young fellas must come from underpriviledged backgrounds scapegoat/excuse bullsh!t....:rolleyes:
    Whatever way you cut it these subhuman vermin murdered this guy in cold blood without a care in the world. Its normal & healthy that people are reacting in anger. I'd be more worried if it was all nerdtastic puns & limp-wristed hippy talk. Its a justified reaction. Or is it unacceptable to condemn murder these days? Not trendy or something?

Now i agree some of the hardman talk from a few posters is tiresome & purely self-serving but its a disgusting crime & people are pissed off, im pissed off & expecting the usual irish weakling sentencing from one of our walk-over judges.

I agree that there should be hard sentences for hard crimes, but I am totally against the death penalty & I am totally opposed to judging & executing a man who has just been arrested & hasn't even had a trial yet.

It also seems to me, quite sad, that when someone is killed, a tragic event like this is used purely as a sounding board for blood thirsty, right-wing extremist posters.

In any other situation, a thread like this would be closed & warnings or infractions handed out. However, in the case of someone arrested under suspicion of murder, then it's OK for people to call for his death.

I would understand more in a case where someone is proven to be guilty of a crime, but it seems that in AH, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Threads like these are worse than reading the muck spurned out by the British tabloids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...so if you know whats going to happen before it happens, & you know you won't like the content of the thread, why do you bother:
    a) reading the thread?
    b) posting in the thread?? &
    c) engaging in argument in the thread???

:confused:

Seems like madness to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

MidlandsM wrote: »
    K, but if the victim was just an ordinary irish lad, would there be such a big story here?

Brian Murphy anyone?

This is sickening to read. Ireland of the 1000 welcomes is long gone imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

R.I.P in peace Mr. Sheen :(

Zulu wrote: »
    ...so if you know whats going to happen before it happens, & you know you won't like the content of the thread, why do you bother:
    a) reading the thread?
    b) posting in the thread?? &
    c) engaging in argument in the thread???

:confused:

Seems like madness to me.

You could say the same thing about opening a newspaper, turning on the radio or watching a current affairs program.

Just because you switch off, doesn't mean it goes away & when people who object, start to shut up due to weariness, that seems like giving up to me.

And I'm a smoker, not a quitter. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Fair enough, but this is After Hours & not Humanities.

If venting a bit of fantastical spleen helps people deal with their anger, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

If it was in humanities - I'd be right behind you (slightly to the right pushing my "convicts for cheaper electricity") ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭chiefbrody1974

It only seems like he was targeted, just because there are so many non poles living and working here, with the large criminal element knocking about, its a matter of time before they do some poor visitor damage. These ***** are out to cause harm irrespective of nationality, evil minds dont descriminate. it never mattered if he was swiss, irish, polish. latvian etc etc.

I cant get me head round these bastards, stabbing men in the head with screwdrivers, cutting french girls throats, murdering seems to be second nature to these second and third generation of animals.

is anyone surprised this wanker turned up wearing a hoodie in court. It's all in the breeding, where scumbags like this are concerned. gangraped daily for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

It only seems like he was targeted, just because there are so many non poles living and working here, with the large criminal element knocking about, its a matter of time before they do some poor visitor damage. These ***** are out to cause harm irrespective of nationality, evil minds dont descriminate. it never mattered if he was swiss, irish, polish. latvian etc etc.

I cant get me head round these bastards, stabbing men in the head with screwdrivers, cutting french girls throats, murdering seems to be second nature to these second and third generation of animals.

is anyone surprised this wanker turned up wearing a hoodie in court. It's all in the breeding, where scumbags like this are concerned. gangraped daily for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vermin breed vermin.

They are aimless, lazy, urban parasites destined to follow in thier parents paw prints.

Birth - leave school early - on to the dole ASAP - start taking drugs/drink/ride other scummer sub humans as soon as physically possible - hang about on city streets like cockroaches - finally end up in prison due to cowardly involvement in some poor feckers death - female scummer partner breeds a fresh litter and the love kickstarts again....

A continuous deluge of bottom feeders. No Dignity or honour or purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Why do these scum get the doll so easy?

Oliver1985 wrote: »

I don't know. But if your under the age of 21, living with ma & da & not paying rent, getting your dinners for free & basically using your dole to drink, buy dvds, scummer tracksuits etc etc, i think the amount should be cut to 50 euros a week.

You'd soon see them looking for work then.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I

Here's something else to get your head around, Byrne's younger brother is locked up for murder - stabbed a guy to death in Darndale two years ago..

Get your head around that one!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Oliver1985 wrote: »

With the amount of dole and sneaky work these ***** are doing they can get all the Barbies and Sindys they want

I don't know. But if your under the age of 21, living with ma & da & not paying rent, getting your dinners for free & basically using your dole to drink, buy dvds, scummer tracksuits etc etc, i think the amount should be cut to 50 euros a week.

You'd soon see them looking for work then.;)

Dont give them anything !!!
    There is a group of them living in my estate all earlys 20s live with there folks and everytime i see them they are walking around with bags of cans and the usual grey tracksuit with white socks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Do any of you remember Guido Nasi. He was beaten up in Fairview park in 1999 and is Italian. He's paraplegic now. I've seen photos of him since then though back in fairview and he's smiling and saying how he loves ireland. The guys that did that are walking free. There should be a statue of that guy up in that park.
    Well said, a horrible case, but like you said, he should have his own statue/plaque or something up in Fairview park. Amazing guy for what he has been through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

My mate hit the nail on the head when he made the remark that at 5 o'clock in the morning one man was going to work. The other was out up to badness.

He also made the point that the bástard that committed this crime should be shot in the back of the head and threw into the nearest skip.

Any scum that commits any crime should automatically get their dole payment halved and halved for each subsequent crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

mfceiling wrote: »

Any scum that commits any crime should automatically get their dole payment halved and halved for each subsequent crime.

Of course then they'll have to rob more people and commit more crime to get some cash flow. Can't win either way

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    My mate hit the nail on the head when he made the remark that at 5 o'clock in the morning one man was going to work. The other was out up to badness.

He also made the point that the bástard that committed this crime should be shot in the back of the head and threw into the nearest skip.

Great Idea you should send that idea off!!!:D

Advertisement