Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Landcruiser droning noise

• 04-10-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

icon_minipost.gif droning noise/vibrationicon_quote.gif Hi all. Have a new 2010 landcruiser (old model,lc4) but i am dogged by what i think is a noise/vibration which seems to come from the front end some. It only appears when engine is around 1500-1800 rpm. I can particulary hear it when driving at the 30mph/50kph in 4th gear. It sounds like theres a hole in my exhaust its such a deep drone. Sometimes it can be heard cruisin along at 60mph/100kph and accelerating slightly uphill. Sounds like concord. Mr T first said there was a noise alright and that it was one of the sump panels vibrating, then said it was normal noise coming from the air box after tryin for a day to sort it out and takin panels on and off. Just wonderin if any of u guys ever came across airbox noise or air intake pipe noise or indeed anything like this before or had any ideas or clues as to wot it might be. thanks in advance.Back to topicon_profile.gif icon_pm.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Are ya down on power or is it smokey? Might be a faulty fuel sensor or a hole in a hose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Poor you - I hate that sort of crap.

I had similar issue with a 2005 and sold it after several garages couldn't sort it.

I heard much later that someone found a loose hose on the turbo - not sure if it sorted it though. Worth a try though. (could have been caused by one of the many garages that worked on it trying to resolve the issue)

Great motor - shame you can't enjoy it.

btw - the noise clearly isn't normal (they (Mr T) gave me the same air box shpeel. Get serious with them and call Toyota to complain. They are normally quite good.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I agree, that's definitely not acceptable on a new vehicle. If it was an older vehicle I'd be looking for damaged or delaminating intercooler hoses or damaged exhaust. Shouldn't be the case with yours unless it's a manufacturing fault, make a nuisance of yourself at Mr T until they sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 basilbuster

No not down on power at all. Screamer of a jeep. tnk i will call mr t if the guys i bought it from doesnt get their finger out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Could be a faulty/dodgy EGR valve too. Ahhh could be a number of things. Best put it on the diagnostics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 basilbuster

Mr T has already put it on diagnostics and ran a lot of other checks too and all came up negative. They say there is defo nothing mechanically wrong with the jeep. Its a tough one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭50cal

icon_minipost.gif droning noise/vibrationicon_quote.gif Hi all. Have a new 2010 landcruiser (old model,lc4) but i am dogged by what i think is a noise/vibration which seems to come from the front end some. It only appears when engine is around 1500-1800 rpm. I can particulary hear it when driving at the 30mph/50kph in 4th gear. It sounds like theres a hole in my exhaust its such a deep drone. Sometimes it can be heard cruisin along at 60mph/100kph and accelerating slightly uphill. Sounds like concord. Mr T first said there was a noise alright and that it was one of the sump panels vibrating, then said it was normal noise coming from the air box after tryin for a day to sort it out and takin panels on and off. Just wonderin if any of u guys ever came across airbox noise or air intake pipe noise or indeed anything like this before or had any ideas or clues as to wot it might be. thanks in advance.Back to topicon_profile.gif icon_pm.gif

A friend had the same issue with his cruiser." A dronning noise and a vibration under the bonnet."
    We Couldnt figure it out at all.But eventually we discovered that it was the spurious air filter vibrating in the filter box.The jeep had been back to connollys 4 times for the problem but they couldnt find it?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

50cal wrote: »
    A friend had the same issue with his cruiser." A dronning noise and a vibration under the bonnet."
    We Couldnt figure it out at all.But eventually we discovered that it was the spurious air filter vibrating in the filter box.The jeep had been back to connollys 4 times for the problem but they couldnt find it?.

A mate has this constant droning noise in his Landcruiser. Eventually he figured out that it was the wife. When he left her at home, the droning noise stopped:cool:

Advertisement