Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streetlight not working

Options
  • 04-10-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Who do I notify when a streetlight isn't working? I am concerned about 2 lights not working on the road where my parent live. One hasn't worked since last Spring and now another is gone. They live on a main road too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

EB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

ring the ESB with the pole number and location...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Praying to your god of choice might also be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

let us know how you get on with this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Praying to your god of choice might also be helpful.

Yeah, praying that the ESB might turn up sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

City Council said it is not their responsibility. It is that of the provider.

"Great. I will phone the ESB so..." but was interrupted to be informed that Airtricity Networks look after the streetlights.

I suppose I might Google them tomorrow..... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Q- How many boards members does it take to change a light bulb? Seriously though, if you have no luck tomorrow give your local councillor a buzz. They love that kind of thing as it only involves a phone call and gives them kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Hi EB
    Ring Airtricity Public Lighting on 1850 372 772, with the pole number and address, they also took my electricity account number to pinpoint where it is.
    But don't hold your breath - rang them myself on 31st Aug, promised to fix within 10 working days and still not done, will be ringing again tomorrow.
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

ring them every day...had to do that when ESB was still in charge (didnt know provider had changed - out where I live now, there are no streetlights...:D). Eventually I got a call back from an annoyed technician, who 'couldnt find the pole' despite the pole number and address. Meh. They fixed it eventually, but you need to be persistent. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I remember last year when all the street lights on Taylor's Hill were off (for like a week), it was kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Ring Mike Crowe and tell him that some homeless people are living on top of the pole. He'll get it sorted quicker than you can drink a bottle of buckfast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

they will have to fill out a worksheet and get it sent to dublin via two workers and their wives/bits on the side and a limousine - it will also involve an overnight stay in the Four Season or the Dillon while the work sheet is being processed, and hopefully it gets sent to the right department, because if it is not their department it will be it goes to the back of the pile until it can be sent to europe via the government jet and a stay and the 1,900 Euro per night hotel there until they decide to be told which department actually deals with the lightbulb.

Advertisement