Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

civil war-battlefield

• 04-10-2010 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

tsmyth wrote: »
    having seen a thread in this forum about an irish clan consisting of people who seem to play the game 24/7 i decided to purchase battlefield bc2 to see what all the hype was about. personally i prefer modern warfare and i cannot see how people can play it for hours on end. but having now spent my dosh on it i propose to use it to good effect.....and start a civil war. i am calling on all new bc players or people who are sick of the IRL clan way of life to join the revolution! post your gamer tag here if you wish to be part of the revolution........

The official response from the IRL propaganda machine:

"Even if new Boards members and any old and famous ex-IRL have fallen or may fall into the grip of tsmyth and all the odious apparatus of his rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight on the battlefield, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our clan, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, that our thread were subjugated, then our friends beyond this forum would carry on the struggle, until they, in God's good time, liberate the old thread."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

x
    I assume the civil war is over then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

In war we shall not falter, in war we shall not run, in war we shall crush not just our opponents but their allies, their allies, allies', we shall destroy every trace of our opponent and with that there will be no war, but peace.

All they that take the sword against us, shall perish with the sword in front of us.
    The Bible
    Matthew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dont tell me you gave up already.

i think this is a good idea wee could play matches against each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=202548

add this guy. he's not welcome in our clan anymore. prepare to mute your headset though.

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »

add this guy. he's not welcome in our clan anymore. prepare to mute your headset though.

word of warning he will attempt to take control of the clan

dunworth1 wrote: »
    word of warning he will attempt to take control of the clan

and all its followers......oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 tsmyth

dunworth, shoveltooth, are you up for the challenge? are you going to become the first members and lieutenants in the new world order? your calling is awaiting you......

add this guy. he's not welcome in our clan anymore. prepare to unmute your headset though.
    Add me so. Gamertag in signature. Won't have live until I have the necessary cables shipped in from hong kong which will take 2 weeks give or take
    EDIT: Found a scart adapter which seems to work with the headset so all is well

dunworth, shoveltooth, are you up for the challenge? are you going to become the first members and lieutenants in the new world order? your calling is awaiting you......

Dunworth would never turn his back on our clan, I trust that young man with my life, regularly. Shoveltooth, however, is quite possibly the most dastardly figure I've had the misfortune to meet. You are more than welcome to him and his madness!

I think a bit of healthy rivalry between two boards clans would be most welcome. Best of luck in your recruitment. I look forward to your first challenge with much anticipation and sharpening of my knife ;)

• Advertisement

I await the challenge with open arms, I think izam and cyco and I have sussed who the mysterious tsmyth is ;).

moose is right i would never abandon the IRL clan

this is getting off the ground quicker than i thought. perhaps all is not as rosey as it seems in the irl clan. shooveltooth, welcome to the new clan. i will post up the official name of the clan as soon as i have decided on it. i have been practising with some of my american friends over the past few days so witihin a week or so i should be razor sharp,and have a full clan by then to take of the hypocracy that is the irl clan

How about we stop posting on his thread and see if anyone actually wants to join up with him, before we get too excited about kicking the crap out of 'em :D

this is getting off the ground quicker than i thought. perhaps all is not as rosey as it seems in the irl clan. shooveltooth, welcome to the new clan. i will post up the official name of the clan as soon as i have decided on it. i have been practising with some of my american friends over the past few days so witihin a week or so i should be razor sharp,and have a full clan by then to take of the hypocracy that is the irl clan

Man oh man oh man!

You built me up to a big exciting battle, a real battlefield civil war, and then went and ruined it with, "i have been practising with some of my american friends" "some of my american friends" "american friends" "american"

I have no sudden urge to play now, simply because I would not even put my worst enemy through the screaming you will endure from over-active americans falling to the power of the IRL clan.

Poor sod.

How about we stop posting on his thread and see if anyone actually wants to join up with him, before we get too excited about kicking the crap out of 'em :D

yes moose, this is a good idea. we are only interested in hearing from people who want to join the revolution, those who are sick of the depression and communist ways of the irl clan. remember;
    The existing system will be quickest and most radically overthrown by the annihilation of its exponents. Therefore, massacres of the enemies of the people must be set in motion.

Man oh man oh man!

You built me up to a big exciting battle, a real battlefield civil war, and then went and ruined it with, "i have been practising with some of my american friends" "some of my american friends" "american friends" "american"

I have no sudden urge to play now, simply because I would not even put my worst enemy through the screaming you will endure from over-active americans falling to the power of the IRL clan.

Poor sod.

the americans will not be involved in the civil war, this is an irish war, one which will be fought by the irish, and won by the irish

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

the americans will not be involved in the civil war, this is an irish war, one which will be fought by the irish, and won by the irish
    An Irish civil war will by definition be won by the Irish.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear it...

Wee dont likee no americanos eeround ere, gringo!

As I've already said, best of luck with your endevour, God knows you'll need it :D

Glad to hear it...

As I've already said, best of luck with your endevour, God knows you'll need it :D

americanos eeround ere, gringo!

americanos eeround

americanos

*SOBS*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

yes moose, this is a good idea. we are only interested in hearing from people who want to join the revolution...

There was and only ever will be, one Revolution.
    Prince++The+Revolution.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo:eek::eek:
    shoveltooth dont leave us.
    we wont know what to do without you.
    you'l find me and get my tags because il be there walking into a wall and continue doing this without the instructions from you.:(:(
    we(i) will be lost without your guidance and wisdom

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo:eek::eek:
    shoveltooth dont leave us.
    we wont know what to do without you.
    you'l find me and get my tags because il be there walking into a wall and continue doing this without the instructions from you.:(:(
    we(i) will be lost without your guidance and wisdom

Don't even joke about him coming back to us. If he has a change of heart due to this post, I'm gonna kick the living f**k out of ya, ya hear me!!! :D

Besides, he's not allowed back, he's smyths problem now :rolleyes:

shoveltooth, i think the RIRL have acquired a gem in you. a previous post here by moose suggested that the IRL clan members would not post here anymore. yet they are posting here and talking about you. something tells me they are afraid of you shoveltooth. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Don't even joke about him coming back to us. If he has a change of heart due to this post, I'm gonna kick the living f**k out of ya, ya hear me!!! :D

Besides, he's not allowed back, he's smyths problem now :rolleyes:

maybe i wasnt suggesting he come back to IRL clan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8zzG4n8CpM

sad i knoww but u get the hint ;)

shoveltooth, i think the RIRL have acquired a gem in you. a previous post here by moose suggested that the IRL clan members would not post here anymore. yet they are posting here and talking about you. something tells me they are afraid of you shoveltooth. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

See the bold bit above, I've already used that in the other thread against Shoveltooth... and many other Che quotes... get your own ;)

We're only posting here because nobody else is and we feel sorry for you. Maybe it's due to you deleting your initial post after having a change of heart. Perhaps others have picked up on your lack of commitment too :rolleyes:

I think this civil war is a sham.......can we declare IRL victorious and move on from this boring saga now??

Ok guys I think its a bit unfair that Ye are posting the comments that. are. on this thread smyth doesn't like the way we do things in our clan (nothing wrong with that) and has decided to go and set up his own clan and all ye do is slam his idea.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Ok guys I think its a bit unfair that Ye are posting the comments that. are. on this thread smyth doesn't like the way we do things in our clan (nothing wrong with that) and has decided to go and set up his own clan and all ye do is slam his idea.

When one begins to call IRL "The propoganda machine" I think we're allow to voice our opinions to a certain extent.

More like someone calls you a lair in court, you're allow to defend yourself, but rather than defend ourselves we use mockery to reduce the victims mental state so that when we do face them in combat, we have an edge.

*Cackles with evil laughter*

• Advertisement

Week of October 18 (Xbox LIVE Members’ Choice): Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught, 400 Microsoft Points
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 SPECACT Upgrade, 320 Microsoft Points

Advertisement