Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone used small jigsaw mats?

• 04-10-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Has anyone used the small eva jigsaw mats before (2ftx2ft x1.3cm)? Basically I have a good number of used Judo mats that need a lot of repair. I'm thinking that the jigsaw mats over the judo mats would work and look well. My only concern is someone told me that the teeth and corners on the small mats can end up turning up becoming a toe breaking liabiality..Anyone experience with this?

The alternatives I considered were covering the mats with a tarp, or canvas, either with contact adhesive or with eyelits and stringing them. Quite a bit of work and doesn't seem ideal.
    They'd be used for stand up, throws, ground work ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Pontificatus

patjunfa wrote: »
    Has anyone used the small eva jigsaw mats before (2ftx2ft x1.3cm)? Basically I have a good number of used Judo mats that need a lot of repair. I'm thinking that the jigsaw mats over the judo mats would work and look well. My only concern is someone told me that the teeth and corners on the small mats can end up turning up becoming a toe breaking liabiality..Anyone experience with this?

The alternatives I considered were covering the mats with a tarp, or canvas, either with contact adhesive or with eyelits and stringing them. Quite a bit of work and doesn't seem ideal.
    They'd be used for stand up, throws, ground work ...

Jigsaw mats over old judo mats would be fine especially if you box them by edging the matted area.

Are you teaching MMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

Hiya

Have you seen them used and how they have weathered over time?
    I'm teaching Kung Fu, which includes Sanshou, so stand up work and throws. Because I've done some MMA and love rolling, I'll be showing them some groundwork.

Thanks

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Pontificatus

patjunfa wrote: »
    Hiya

Have you seen them used and how they have weathered over time?
    I'm teaching Kung Fu, which includes Sanshou, so stand up work and throws. Because I've done some MMA and love rolling, I'll be showing them some groundwork.

Thanks

P

They are durable and will last. The better you look after them the longer they will last :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Hey Lads,

I working on setting up a business in industrial coatings.
    I have experimented with coating foam mats and sponge with a durable, washable, waterproof and flexible coating. I was working on this for the equine industry, just saw your post here and I think I could come up with something.

What kind of dimensions would you be looking at? Can you leave the mats in place or would you take them away in a van after the class?

When I am up and running, I would gladly supply a mat or two free of charge for testing, all I would ask is for is some feedback and referrals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Poly Ethylene?

• Advertisement

They'd be ok I reckon in the short term, over the longer term though I'd really recommend getting your hands on some tiger mats or something.

Are they thick enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

Hi

I'd be interested to see how you might cover the mats Poly. I've sent you a PM. This is something I've looked at a bit. It seems such a waste and such a product of our disposeable culture to think that when something is worn that it should just be replaced. Thats why I have been looking at either covering the mats individually, or as a whole with these jigsaw mats. It seems the jigsaw mats should do fine as long as I look after them, but would probably have a shorter lifespan than the original judo mats, or well covered mats.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thedevils

Get the thicker one as they stay together a lot longer.

Advertisement