Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Caesar Hunt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

xzanti wrote: »
    Yes that was him.. I know Barry, his company used to do a lot of work for my old employer.. He's a decent guy, I'm glad to see him doing well on it. Fair play!

Feck the begrudgers :rolleyes:

I didn't begrudge him. But I did comment "what type of muppet would drive such a stupid gas guzzler" when I saw the hummer. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I didn't begrudge him. But I did comment "what type of muppet would drive such a stupid gas guzzler" when I saw the hummer. :D

I never said you did begrudge him.. But you can be damn sure there are plenty out there who do, same with anyone seen to be doing well for themselves in this country..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

dory wrote: »
    Go on Twitter - you can see a few contestants already making nice with the manager of Lillies! :rolleyes:

And murphym7, the whole thing was filmed in 3 weeks or so (what I heard from a contestant, presume its true). So they could have got the time off work.

I don't know which contestant you were talking to but there is not a hope this thing is filmed in 3 weeks (unless the or so = 6 weeks!!).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

murphym7 wrote: »
    I don't know which contestant you were talking to but there is not a hope this thing is filmed in 3 weeks (unless the or so = 6 weeks!!).

Apologies I just re-read what he wrote and he said it finished filming 3 weeks ago (said when 1st ep was aired). I thought I remembered him saying it was filmed in some short amount of time anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is filmed in around 5 to 6 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

CoolHat wrote: »

Hmmm, doesnt seem like such a great guy after all, reading that! :(

His hairdressers for sale ad seems rather apt now. :D
    Thrieving Business with great turnover. Turnkey business operating 6 days per week. Excellent passing trade and regular clientel. This shop has been operating for over a year and the shop is in an excellent location, beside shops and business, close to mountjoy prison...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

That guy is TOTALLY unemployable......he was never going to get the gig with his chequered business background.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

MidlandsM wrote: »
    That guy is TOTALLY unemployable......he was never going to get the gig with his chequered business background.

goes to show we can all paint a pretty picture of ourselves but your always found out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

is he gay

met him at a friends party this weekend. everyone thought he was. even the girls thought so too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TrevorTwomey

I thought it was Barry haesar ****

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

That guy is TOTALLY unemployable.
    Bull***t!
    The bloke gave his all week in, week out.
    When, on Week 1, none of the lads would step up to the plate for PM, he took the reigns and said hed do it, until Cathal begrudgingly took it up.
    His weakness were, as Bill pointed out, that he tries to do everything and can come across as a chauvinist (which can be easily put right).
    Unemployable? There are a pack of wasters in my job alone that he could easily outperform. And thats just one company.
    He has weaknesses, as we all do, but plenty of strengths such as creativity and work ethic that would make him an asset to a number of companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Bull***t!
    When, on Week 1, none of the lads would step up to the plate for PM, he took the reigns and said hed do it, until Cathal begrudgingly took it up.
    His weakness were, as Bill pointed out, that he tries to do everything and can come across as a chauvinist (which can be easily put right).
    Unemployable? There are a pack of wasters in my job alone that he could easily outperform. And thats just one company.
    He has weaknesses, as we all do, but plenty of strengths such as creativity and work ethic that would make him an asset to a number of companies.

IS THAT YOU BARRY?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

IS THAT YOU BARRY?

:D That's exactly what I thought!!

Bull***t!

Thanks Barry......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SATC

was that his wife or the girlfriend in the audience of anton savage show your fired, bet she loved his "dont hate the player" remark!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Misticles wrote: »
    I was going to apply but the application form was just too dam long :D

You're hired :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Showed his true colors on the your fired show.
    Delighted he's been binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Showed his true colors on the your fired show.
    Delighted he's been binned.

Why? What he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

telekon wrote: »
    Why? What he do?

No manners, lack of class.
    He is the epitome of everything that was wrong in the boom.
    Then comes back crying that the world owes him a living.

• Advertisement

He is the epitome of everything that was wrong in the boom.
    Then comes back crying that the world owes him a living.

Thats it , 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I've to say this I love him. As bill puts it he's a wayward genius. He's actually marred to my former teacher. If you're a successful businessman the only reason that you would go to the apprentice for me is to gain knowledge. You can't put a price on that.
    Whatever he choses to do next I wish him all the best.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If you're a successful businessman the only reason that you would go to the apprentice for me is to gain knowledge. You can't put a price on that.

You could of course just watch the show and still gain the knowledge while not making a knob of yourself.

There's saying that experience is the best teacher. True you might gain knowledge from watching but it will be very limited. If you ask all the contestants from the apprentices those fired or hired, that wouuld participate in the apprentice again most if them atleast 95% of them will say yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I've to say this I love him. As bill puts it he's a wayward genius. He's actually marred to my former teacher. If you're a successful businessman the only reason that you would go to the apprentice for me is to gain knowledge. You can't put a price on that.
    Whatever he choses to do next I wish him all the best.
    Yeah, but he's not a successful businessman. He's a failed businessman.

If you're a successful businessman the only reason that you would go to the apprentice for me is to gain knowledge. You can't put a price on that.

1.But Barry's not a successful business man.
    2. What experience can be gained working for Bill- like what can you learn from flogging renaults in one of his showrooms?
    Bills not Lord Sugar or Donald Trump and in my opinion the wrong leading business person for the Apprentice show.

1.But Barry's not a successful business man.
    2. What experience can be gained working for Bill- like what can you learn from flogging renaults in one of his showrooms?
    Bills not Lord Sugar or Donald Trump and in my opinion the wrong leading business person for the Apprentice show.

I wasn't saying he's a successful businessman I was just replying to a question as to what you would gain from bill Cullen. It's true he's failed as a businessman but unwound love to think that he's going to put into prayice what he has learnt so far.

The thing is he did actually set his own business. He made millions so in a way was successful. And I'll tell you one thing all businessmen has up and downs even Donald trump lost almost everything before bringing himself up.

IMO in Ireland if you set up a business and you go bankrupt or whatever you're expected to give up but in the states the government will help you back to your feet.
    And I've gotten the impression that most of you have the sane feeling that is you tried and there's no point in doing it again.

I totally give the candidates credit for being on the show beating thousands to get there.
    And if some think that they can do a better job. Please apply and I'll live to see you on the big screen.

And if some think that they can do a better job. Please apply and I'll live to see you on the big screen.

Yeah, but thats just for ejits, and I'm not an ejit.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

He's an aggro head but I'd no idea his background was so mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I totally give the candidates credit for being on the show beating thousands to get there.

Its a tv show at the end of the day so its likely that some candidates were cherry picked for entertainment value.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement