Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transcripts

Options
  • 04-10-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Am I right in assuming that it's still too busy in Admin for transcripts to be given on the spot, and that sending in an application is the only way to get them at the moment?

I'm also assuming that a family member couldn't go in to the help desk and ask/collect a student's transcipt?

And that it'll take about 3 weeks for them to be issued via post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm not sure about transcripts but I went into the student desk today, to try and hand in my grant approval letter and the queue looked like you'd be waiting at least an hour. Although, they now have a ticketing system in place, so it's not as bad as the giant queue you had to stand in last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

kateos2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about transcripts but I went into the student desk today, to try and hand in my grant approval letter and the queue looked like you'd be waiting at least an hour. Although, they now have a ticketing system in place, so it's not as bad as the giant queue you had to stand in last year.

:eek:

I'd kinda expected that almost a month into term things would have quietened down.

Is the ticketing system like that you'd expect to find in the passport office and tax office?

convert wrote: »
    :eek:

I'd kinda expected that almost a month into term things would have quietened down.

Is the ticketing system like that you'd expect to find in the passport office and tax office?

Yeah, but I couldn't see anything which said what number they were on, so it's not a huge amount of use.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I was at the student desk a few days ago, and the queue was 20 minutes or so. There was a ticketing system, and there is a display board that shows which number is currently being called (it makes a 'ping' sound when it changes). It's handy enough as I could browse the internet and that while I was waiting - there are seats there, and even 5 SUAS computers (although they are probably in use most of the time). They move fairly fast through the queue as most people are just getting child benefit / drug scheme forms stamped, etc.

Ah must look worse than it is so. Only had an hour off today so didn't want to risk it, although I did go at lunchtime which is bound to be worse. I'll try again tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I hate UCD around this time of year, especially the Admin building and trying to make contact with the Student Desk when not on campus! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was able to get a transcript there on Friday afternoon, after waiting well over an hour for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

convert wrote: »
    I'm also assuming that a family member couldn't go in to the help desk and ask/collect a student's transcipt?

You can get someone to do it for you, but they must have a signed letter from you authorising that person to do it, and they will be required to provide some form of ID, IIRC.

I had to get a friend to do this for me during the summer while I was away. Presume it would be the same even though its busy now.

Thanks for that!

Rang the student desk this morning and managed to get through.

They will issue a student's transcript to someone other than the student so long as that individual has a letter from the student veryifying that they are acting on behalf of that student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Make sure to sign the letter. I had some trouble with that over the summer, because I never signed it.

Advertisement