Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Traps

Options
  • 04-10-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    Anyone purchased a automatic clay trap lately? if so what make and model and so what did it cost. Looking at investing .....

Also any trap recommendations for 4-8 lads shooting every few months.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Nobody seems to want to reply...... I don’t want to rain on the idea, which is a good one, but ownership of a trap is fraught with legal danger.

Something goes wrong, somebody gets injured, you as owner / facilitator will be sued. Some household insurance policies possibly would not cover you in the circumstances you describe. In your position I would formalize the arrangement by a co-ownership agreement where everybody owns a share and all users would sign a disclaimer. It does seem like overkill, but when an accident happens people run to their lawyers almost as fast as the lawyers run to them.

Promatic is a very good make, they are tough. Whatever you buy, it is worthwhile to bolt it onto a small trailer, as it can be moved easily and the jockey wheel is good to manoeuvre it around; the trailer also can be used for transporting the battery, firing lead, boxes of clays, etc.,

Rs,
    P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Good suggestion with the trailer there Pedro, lots of crap to haul around with that set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Terrier wrote: »
    Lads,
    Anyone purchased a automatic clay trap lately? if so what make and model and so what did it cost. Looking at investing .....

Also any trap recommendations for 4-8 lads shooting every few months.

Cheers

We have 4 electric clay traps in our club and I would love to sell the whole ****in lot of 'em. Just getting the other fellahs in the club to agree would be the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I would love to sell the whole ****in lot of 'em.
    Why? (curious:))
    Rs,
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Why? (curious:))
    Rs,
    P.

Too much money spent on traps that are not used. its a long story and I'm not going into the details of it, but when there was money in the club it was wasted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement