Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginner Mountain Bike Club?

• 04-10-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Still smiling after the biking.ie National Trail Day session on sunday and I'm wondering if theres a mountain bike club out there for beginners? I'm just learning and think it would be more fun in a gang.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Contact Richie Byrne,he will make you deadly

http://byrner-richiebyrne.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Unfortunately you've just missed this:
    http://www.madmtb.com/wordpress/2010/09/01/mtb-introductory-series-autumn-2010/

We'll be running "improvers" spins right up until Christmas so contact committee@madmtb.com if you're interested in going on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 richf44

Hi there,

ThinkBike will be bringing out beginners twice a week from now on. Every week the location changes (mostly in the Dublin mountains)

We will be going from the hellfire club this Thursday 7th at 6.00 (these spins will turn in to night rides soon)

On saturday 9th, we will meet at Djouce lower car park for a spin too.

Hope to see you there!

Richie Felle

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Fi H wrote: »
    Still smiling after the biking.ie National Trail Day session on sunday and I'm wondering if theres a mountain bike club out there for beginners? I'm just learning and think it would be more fun in a gang.
    Cheers

The guys at M.A.D http://www.madmtb.com/ would cater for those wanting to get a start into Mountainbiking, there are other clubs but they tend to be a bit Elitist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

richf44 wrote: »
    Hi there,

We will be going from the hellfire club this Thursday 7th at 6.00 (these spins will turn in to night rides soon)

great stuff lads. I am trying to rearrange tomorrow to meet you for 6pm. Thanks Lawdie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 new2biking

I did the MTB intro on National Trails Day last Sunday and have to admit I'm totally bitten by the mountain bike bug. Found Niall to be a total gentleman and the trail itself is the best craic I've had in ages, much better than road biking IMO:D

Might join MAD myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

new2biking wrote: »
    I did the MTB intro on National Trails Day last Sunday and have to admit I'm totally bitten by the mountain bike bug. Found Niall to be a total gentleman and the trail itself is the best craic I've had in ages, much better than road biking IMO:D

you'll get over it ;)

i have drifted back to road biking (mainly cos i cant be bothered buiding trails as the ones round here never go anywhere)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

richf44 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    ThinkBike will be bringing out beginners twice a week from now on. Every week the location changes (mostly in the Dublin mountains)
    Richie Felle
    <snip>

Hi Richie, I just missed you this evening at Hellfire. Was there two of you cycling up the main road then into the car park?
    Anyway tried to find some trails and appreciate your invite. Will pick up a light and join up next outing. Lawdie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

As part of THINKBIKE's beginners spins We were up Djouce today 7 of us being guided and encouraged by 2 of Irelands top elite mountbikers Cait Elliot and Richie Felle...WOW what a couple of hours it was....absolutley fantastic doing stuff I would never have done on my own .I think this mountainbiking lark could be as good as everyones says it can be, based on first impressions anyway...... Not sure about having to clean the bike everytime tho.....

Roll on next Saturday...... and thanks again to Cait and Richie for a great spin.

Please see Thinkbike website for info on upcoming spins, locations, times etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    As part of THINKBIKE's beginners spins We were up Djouce today 7 of us being guided and encouraged by 2 of Irelands top elite mountbikers Cait Elliot and Richie Felle...WOW what a couple of hours it was....absolutley fantastic doing stuff I would never have done on my own .I think this mountainbiking lark could be as good as everyones says it can be, based on first impressions anyway...... Not sure about having to clean the bike everytime tho.....

Roll on next Saturday...... and thanks again to Cait and Richie for a great spin.

Please see Thinkbike website for info on upcoming spins, locations, times etc.

Ah, I was wondering why djouce was so busy today :) Think we ran into 3 other groups up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

zil wrote: »
    Ah, I was wondering why djouce was so busy today :)

Well there ya go.....lovely up there today wasnt it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Well there ya go.....lovely up there today wasnt it ?

Yea it was a nice day, but damn it was warm. I hadn't been out on the bike for a few weeks so I having to push hard to try and keep up with the usual gang and damn it felt like I was giving off waves of heat it was so hot. I even managed to steam up my sunglasses :~

Advertisement