Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Rent - Waterford City

• 04-10-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction... where is the best place to advertise a room for rent? My daughter has left college and had signed a lease on an apartment share for 9 months. We now have to find someone to rent the room or continue paying rent on an empty room until next May! Help!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Try the munster or news and star.
    Although to be honest if I were ye I'd break the lease, think legally you're just entitled to give one months notice and thats it.We've had leases on places before and moved plenty of time before the actual lease was up, all we did was give a months notice.

Who you renting from?Most agencies should be some way understanding about your situation.

No doubt some one will post the legalities about the situation, but honestly,you'll probably find it hard to sub let the place and I'm not overly sure but think alot of places are really against that and it might also be illegal and a breach of your lease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Meatwad wrote: »

No doubt some one will post the legalities about the situation,
    This might help

http://www.threshold.ie/menu.asp?menu=96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Good Advice there,

I'd nearly say it's against the lease to sublet the room anyhow. What kind of a fool gets a student to Sign a Lease these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Check the lease agreement she signed with the landlord; it should contain the terms & conditions of the lease. Generally speaking tenants can terminate a tenancy without giving a reason but must give notice
    (Notice for a Lease of 6 months - 1year : 5 weeks/35 days) however they may lose their deposit. If in doubt about your rights contact the Citizens Info Bureau or the Private Residential Tenancies Board. If the landlord gives you any grief mention that you have been talking to your your solicitor & the aforementioned organisations & you may find he/she changes their tune!

Advertisement