Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures to Posters?

Options
  • 04-10-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I WAS WONDERING HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT PUTTING SOME OF MY PICTURES ONTO CANVAN OR POSTERS FOR AROUND THE HOUSE ? I`VE CHECKED THE NET BUT SOME PLACES ARE VERY EXPENSIVE ....

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

KAV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

If you're in Dublin, go to Reads on Nassau St. to get cheap large format colour posters from disc. Then go to Frawleys on Thomas St. buy some dodgy poster of a cat or flowers or whatever in a clear plastic frame at a reduced price and replace said cat etc. with your poster. Also press the Caps lock button on your keyboard once, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 deathana

If you want to print on Canvas, and not aiming for the archival gallery quality, then no need to go for the giclee/high quality canvas print. There are other cheaper options of canvases around, the smooth synthetic canvas being the cheapest. Something like a high quality indoor banner kind of material. Print on that and it's much cheaper than the ones you found online, they're expensive because most of them are of archival quality, giclee prints.

As for the canvas stretcher, you can either ask a frame shop to make one for you, or go to a simpler solution like the one suggested by flanree.

Advertisement