Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi-Quoting

Options
  • 05-10-2010 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this should be staring me in the face in user CP. But I just can't seem to find it.

Can someone run through how to multi-quote one post, and how to multi-quote a series of posts in a thread?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's actually simpler than a lot of people think. Simply click on this icon multiquote_off.gif in the bottom right corner of each post you want to quote, and then click on Post Reply. The chosen posts will appear in the text box, to which you can add your own text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Thanks. It doesn't seem to work when I am multi-quoting one post though.

When I put in my own replies in between sentences, a pop up message comes up telling me that I have not entered enough characters?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Darlughda wrote: »
    Apologies if this should be staring me in the face in user CP. But I just can't seem to find it.

Can someone run through how to multi-quote one post, and how to multi-quote a series of posts in a thread?

Thanks.

And unfortunately, to multi qoute a single post you have to do it manaully :(

Take Zaph's responce to you.
    Zaph wrote: »
    It's actually simpler than a lot of people think. Simply click on this icon multiquote_off.gif in the bottom right corner of each post you want to quote, and then click on Post Reply. The chosen posts will appear in the text box, to which you can add your own text.

Each section you wish to quote must be enclosed on [noparse]
    [/noparse] tags or [noparse]
    [/noparse] tags, to show who you are quoting (cut & paste is your friend ;) ). To break this into individual sentences you would do the following. Click on the quote icon in the post you wish to multi quote. Then add the [noparse]
    [/noparse]tags around the sections of text you wish to quote. (See below)

[noparse]
    [/noparse]It's actually simpler than a lot of people think.[noparse]
    [/noparse]

[noparse]
    [/noparse]Simply click on this icon multiquote_off.gif in the bottom right corner of each post you want to quote, and then click on Post Reply.[noparse]
    [/noparse]

[noparse]
    [/noparse]The chosen posts will appear in the text box, to which you can add your own text.[noparse]
    [/noparse]

Would produce the following message and you can add your response under each quoted section :)
    It's actually simpler than a lot of people think.

Your response here

Simply click on this icon multiquote_off.gif in the bottom right corner of each post you want to quote, and then click on Post Reply.

Your response here

The chosen posts will appear in the text box, to which you can add your own text.

Your response here

Hope that helps :)

M

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cheers B-Builder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

B Builder thank you very much for that. Mystery explained.

• Advertisement
Advertisement