Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing pool in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi guys,

Does anyone know places to play American pool in Dublin and preferably and leagues or competitions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

I can't help you out with tourneys or anything. But if you're around Parnel Street (or around the Liffey area even) there's a large cinema call Cineworld, the side exit leads to the "arcade", has a few amusements in there. I've played snooker/pool in there. Just go into Cineworld (from the main entrance) and then at the back right there's an exit, go there and on the left you've got the place to play pool or snooker "upstairs" think it's... 1 euro per game. If you got lost just ask for Cineworld and then ask for directions in there. Most buses go to o connell street and from there it's about... 5-8 minutes walk to the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

There is a hall on Camden Street which uses 9 ball tables. Now I havent been there in ages and to be honest I'm not 100% sure if it's still opened but may be as a plae as any to look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the leisureplex in coolock have american pool tables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 pstokes

palace is the name of the place on camden st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jackarpt

Was gonna play in the competition in the palace tonight but I'm kinda broke and it's 12euro an hour :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

jackarpt wrote: »
    Was gonna play in the competition in the palace tonight but I'm kinda broke and it's 12euro an hour :(

Are you looking for a chance to win money or just for a bit of a laugh? Most places probably have a few people watching one game so you could ask one of them (who aren't playing) to have a game for a fiver or something. Or loser pays for the next game kind of thing.

Advertisement