Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet Browsing Affects Sound - Strange Problem

• 05-10-2010 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

I've noticed on my laptop that when I'm listening to music and simultaneously browsing the Internet that when the web page is being loaded by sound becomes "fuzzy" for a second.
    Does any one know what could be causing this? Seems like a strange problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Anyone any ideas on this at all? :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Is you laptop running on battery or mains power?
    Is your connection wired or wireless?

I had a very similar problem a few weeks ago.
    I was using one of these to get a wired signal and had it connected to the same outlet as the PC surge protector.

This resulted in noise on the audio out line when transferring data over the network.
    Anyhoo, moving the adapter to a different socket fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

My connection is wireless and I'm using mains power.

Mine sounds like the same problem (regarding the audio out line) but it doesn't seem like the same problem as yours.

I could attempt to troubleshoot this, but I don't really know what to be checking for....?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well does it happen when you run on battery?
    Does it only happen with certain apps? itunes and firefox or WMplayer and Safari etc.
    Download a big file like a linux distro ISO from ftp.heanet.ie and see is the noise continuous.

Could your media player program be stalling when the browser is working?

With my problem I was transmitting Ethernet over the main AC line and my audio was not properly isolated. Even with nothing playing I could hear hissing when I turned up the volume.

Also what are you running? Windows, Linux, OS X?

Edit: I also notice that if I turn my speakers volume way (WAY) up I still get a bit of noise. Could your system volume be screwy? Have a look at your mixer settings if your on Windows. Something could be turned down low and you're turning everything else up high to compensate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Open Task Manager and monitor the CPU usage before starting both tasks.
    Does it shoot up to 100%.
    Keep an eye on the memory usage also.
    If you are running IE try running it with Add ons disabled and see does it happen again.
    If it does remove unwanted toolbars etc. and see if it solves it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement