Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citylink - Toilets on bus

Options
  • 05-10-2010 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi, I plan on getting the Citylink Bus which leaves at 1:15 am from Galway to Dublin airport. Before getting on the bus I will have had at least 6 pints of Guinness so it's essential that there is a toilet for the 3 hour+ journey. Has anyone used this service before? Is there a toilet on the bus?

Go raibh mile a maith agat a cairde

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

I'm nearly sure there is - it is situated halfway down the bus (where the middle door of bus is) but it is tiny tiny tiny. Okay for a man, but a woman would probably have to leave the door open (lol). Oh wait, maybe that's the gobus I was on, not citilink. Yes sorry it was gobus - they definitely have toilets. You probably should call citilink to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

I'm nearly sure there is - it is situated halfway down the bus (where the middle door of bus is) but it is tiny tiny tiny. Okay for a man, but a woman would probably have to leave the door open (lol). Oh wait, maybe that's the gobus I was on, not citilink. Yes sorry it was gobus - they definitely have toilets. You probably should call citilink to make sure.

so are gobus buses made in china or what?

could be - the offer a brilliant service tho - can't fault them.

well tiny toilets that you can't fit into would be a fault

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

The Go bus deffo has a toilet but not all the citylink busses do.

If they both leave around the same time then best to check before you board!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm nearly sure there is - it is situated halfway down the bus (where the middle door of bus is) but it is tiny tiny tiny. Okay for a man, but a woman would probably have to leave the door open (lol).

Interesting spacial perceptions there.

I'm female, and not skinny either, and I have no difficulty getting into the toilet on GoBus, and closing the door.

I've just checked the gobus website and am wondering if their timetables are accurate...how can they be so much faster than Citylink if they go they same route? Do they not make any stops?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

GoBus is a direct service, no stops. It's also a Galway company. Support the locals.

soundbyte wrote: »
    GoBus is a direct service, no stops. It's also a Galway company. Support the locals.

didn't know that, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Last time I used GoBus I was contorting (if thats a word) myself trying to have a pee. When I finished I noticed a sign saying you are supposed to sit down when doing the business. Tried that and I fitted perfectly next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

GoBus & CityLink both have toilets (and thank god for that)

JustMary wrote: »
    Interesting spacial perceptions there.

I'm female, and not skinny either, and I have no difficulty getting into the toilet on GoBus, and closing the door.

maybe I have extra longer than average legs then.

Xiney wrote: »
    GoBus & CityLink both have toilets (and thank god for that)

Hey,
    Hmmmm, Citylink don't have them on all buses - only reason I know is that I always ask (from Dublin side) the Citylink driver and if he says no I continue down the Quays to Gobus! I always get gobus from Galway to Dublin but sometimes end up between timetables on the way back and even though I way prefer Gobus I check both if it is late in the evening.

Last Friday the ''around Ireland trip'' citylink bus had none but the driver said the next bus which was direct did...go figure?! Longer journey and no chance of escape! :)

Ah, I'd never taken a citylink without a toilet.

That would be my idea of hell on earth :eek:

Yep!
    Me too! :D

That's exactly why I started this thread! Imagine 4 hours on a Citylink Bus with no toilets after having drunk 6 pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Just make sure you get the dublin direct citylink bus.......The journey is about 2.30 mins.......its only the one that goes through all the towns thats 3.30............

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mike kelly wrote: »
    I've just checked the gobus website and am wondering if their timetables are accurate...how can they be so much faster than Citylink if they go they same route? Do they not make any stops?

Half of CityLink's services are non-stop, and take the same time.

The other half are multi-stop, meaning they stop at every 2nd hole in the hedge (Oranmore, Moate, Lucan ... etc ;-)

The multi-stop ones don't have a toilet, because if you're desperate you can ask the driver to let you pee at one of the stops (behind the hedge!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Butlerowski

Hi, I plan on getting the Citylink Bus which leaves at 1:15 am from Galway to Dublin airport. Before getting on the bus I will have had at least 6 pints of Guinness so it's essential that there is a toilet for the 3 hour+ journey. Has anyone used this service before? Is there a toilet on the bus?

Go raibh mile a maith agat a cairde

The Citylink Direct Buses have toilets, these are all originally, and currently Callinans buses.
    The Citylink, (Citylink bought and formerly operated now operated by Callinans) multistop buses do not, the 0115 is one of these.
    Next January, I hear Callinans are investing in an entire new fleet(and colours, etc) so ALL buses will have toilets. 2011 reg.

The 0115 bus could be as old as 2005. Very occasionally they switch the buses for the routes and you could be lucky but I wouldn't bank on it.

If it's yellow and blue= no toilet
    Mostly white with light blue and maybe the blue citylink logo peeling off at the sides=Toilet.

Go with Citylink Direct or get GoBus if you really need a toilet. Or, of course control your drinking, or indeed carry some empty bottles!

The Citylink Direct Buses have toilets, these are all originally, and currently Callinans buses.
    The Citylink, (Citylink bought and formerly operated now operated by Callinans) multistop buses do not, the 0115 is one of these.
    Next January, I hear Callinans are investing in an entire new fleet(and colours, etc) so ALL buses will have toilets. 2011 reg.

The 0115 bus could be as old as 2005. Very occasionally they switch the buses for the routes and you could be lucky but I wouldn't bank on it.

If it's yellow and blue= no toilet
    Mostly white with light blue and maybe the blue citylink logo peeling off at the sides=Toilet.

Go with Citylink Direct or get GoBus if you really need a toilet. Or, of course control your drinking, or indeed carry some empty bottles!

Thanks a lot. I will be controlling my drinking, I reckon I can manage 6 pints handily enough. If I do bring some bottles on the bus they will not be empty so a toilet is a must!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Thanks a lot. I will be controlling my drinking, I reckon I can manage 6 pints handily enough. If I do bring some bottles on the bus they will not be empty so a toilet is a must!

Am i the only one that disagrees with the opening poster?
    What'll he do if there isn't a toilet on the bus?
    Pester the driver to make unnecessary stops/delays in the darkness of the middle of the night, to the detriment of other passengers, so as to facillitate the irresponsible consumption of alcohol?
    Where should the driver stop?
    If he stops on the roadside in the country & the drinker falls over or gets knocked down, what'll happen to the driver's job?
    If he stops in a town/village with all premises closed, will the drinker pee on the street or on somebody's private property?
    Come on, when somebody's not behaving responsibly he should be told so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Wait, isn't that why the OP was asking which one had a toilet? So there was none of the above. I've been on buses where there was no stop and the driver refused to stop too. The guy who asked held it!

bagels wrote: »
    Pester the driver to make unnecessary stops/delays in the darkness of the middle of the night, to the detriment of other passengers, so as to facillitate the irresponsible consumption of alcohol?
    If he stops on the roadside in the country & the drinker falls over or gets knocked down, what'll happen to the driver's job?
    If he stops in a town/village with all premises closed, will the drinker pee on the street or on somebody's private property?

That's why I'm asking which buses have toilets! You think drinking six pints is irresponsible? LOL, this is the GALWAY forum, I'm almost ashamed I will only be drinking six pints!

can you not curtail your drinking until you reach your destination. Its a good point to be made, wouldn't you agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

bagels wrote: »

Jesus Wept.

That's why I'm asking which buses have toilets! You think drinking six pints is irresponsible? LOL, this is the GALWAY forum, I'm almost ashamed I will only be drinking six pints!

Enjoy the pints and just make sure to get the right bus:). Oh and maybe bring a sambo for mid journey pint munchies....just no smelly kebabs :D

can you not curtail your drinking until you reach your destination. Its a good point to be made, wouldn't you agree.

no, I would not

no, I would not

okay, well don't be shocked if the bus driving won't stop to suit you, and you end up peeing in your pants. :D

JustMary wrote: »
    Half of CityLink's services are non-stop, and take the same time.

The other half are multi-stop, meaning they stop at every 2nd hole in the hedge (Oranmore, Moate, Lucan ... etc ;-)

The multi-stop ones don't have a toilet, because if you're desperate you can ask the driver to let you pee at one of the stops (behind the hedge!)

I was on a multi-stop from Dublin last month and it had a toilet :confused:

(I realised I was hungry as soon as I sat down though - four hours of tummy rumbling hunger - it was still hell on earth)

• Advertisement

okay, well don't be shocked if the bus driving won't stop to suit you, and you end up peeing in your pants. :D

what part of toilet don't you understand? Go back and read my original post!

Advertisement