Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citylink - Toilets on bus

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

mike kelly wrote: »
    what part of toilet don't you understand? Go back and read my original post!

the part where you wrote that you need a toilet on a bus cause you insist on having six pints before you board. bring extra knickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

the part where you wrote that you need a toilet on a bus cause you insist on having six pints before you board. bring extra knickers.

read this - all clear now?

read this - all clear now?

maybe you should bring a saucer of milk along with the extra knickers - miaow ;)

or better still - I think pampers do "pull-ups" now - no need for a toilet at all then and you could be a devil and have seven pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

I wouldn't bother Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I wouldn't bother Mike.

Is that the best advice you can give him?
    Jesus Wept:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

well tiny toilets that you can't fit into would be a fault

i work on a lot of buses and they all have very narrow toilets. you can sparely stand for a pee and its too narrow to sit. if they get full its disgusting.

carmex21 wrote: »
    The Go bus deffo has a toilet but not all the citylink busses do.

If they both leave around the same time then best to check before you board!
    :)

do any of the citylinks have toilets?

That's why I'm asking which buses have toilets! You think drinking six pints is irresponsible? LOL, this is the GALWAY forum, I'm almost ashamed I will only be drinking six pints!
    drinking pints no problem, acting the maggot on a bus, another thing. the driver might stop once nad keep everyone lese waiting. unlikley though if there is a toilet, albeit a small one on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

You could just bring an empty 3l Country Spring bottle. Should cover the six pints, roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

wyndham wrote: »
    You could just bring an empty 3l Country Spring bottle. Should cover the six pints, roughly.

We're assuming Mike is a bloke:P
    Otherwise it's time of those mountaineering/electric picnic/mc donalds chip carton 'ladypee' devices that look hilarious;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Citylink Direct Buses have toilets, these are all originally, and currently Callinans buses.
    The Citylink, (Citylink bought and formerly operated now operated by Callinans) multistop buses

And that's an interesting point.

Someone else said support local and go with Burkes.

But Citylink have contracted their services to Callinans, and Galway company unless I'm mistaken. Burkes is a Tuam company.

So which counts as "local" these days?

<<ducking for cover ...>>

JustMary wrote: »
    And that's an interesting point.

Someone else said support local and go with Burkes.

But Citylink have contracted their services to Callinans, and Galway company unless I'm mistaken. Burkes is a Tuam company.

So which counts as "local" these days?

<<ducking for cover ...>>

Ha ha! I suppose it's where the buck stops, and who is the supreme overlord ;)

And my Granny is from Tuam!:D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

gobus are nonstop to the airport and have a loo, so you can 'go' on the bus. :D

driver did say tho on the last trip that alcohol is is forbidden on board, so if you are tipsy, he will be keepng an eye on you in case you are still drinking, and you might get chucked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

callinans used to supply their buses to Gobus, however this changed when citylink were able to offer more cash. Citylink are one of the biggest transport companies in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Neyite wrote: »
    gobus are nonstop to the airport and have a loo, so you can 'go' on the bus. :D

driver did say tho on the last trip that alcohol is is forbidden on board, so if you are tipsy, he will be keepng an eye on you in case you are still drinking, and you might get chucked off.

GoBus aren't non-stop to the airport, they are non-stop to Dublin City and they then go to the airport from there via the Port Tunnel.

Sometimes for the 1/2am(ish) services from Galway, they will go directly to the airport on the M50 but only if everyone on the bus has bought tickets to the airport (there's not many people who need to arrive in Dublin City in the middle of the night, where as many people will need to catch early morning flights so this is sometimes the case).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

By the way, Go bus have introduced a new winter timetable (in effect since yesterday). From what I can see, the timetable is the same except there are extra buses on Fridays and Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

inisboffin wrote: »
    We're assuming Mike is a bloke:P
    Otherwise it's time of those mountaineering/electric picnic/mc donalds chip carton 'ladypee' devices that look hilarious;)

"Shewee"

Makes a crackin icecream scoop.

po0k wrote: »
    "Shewee"

Makes a crackin icecream scoop.

Ha ha! That's a different one, love the name! The other one looks like a Mc Don's large chip carton and is biodegradable (so you only use it once!) - can't find a linky for it, but evidently there are a lot of different types

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭philbo

Does anyone know of any service other than Bus Eireann who run to Shannon Airport now that citylink decided to stop running there (after I'd booked my 06.30 flight...)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

philbo wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any service other than Bus Eireann who run to Shannon Airport now that citylink decided to stop running there (after I'd booked my 06.30 flight...)

There's an enterprising taxi/hackney? who was advertising on one of the local papers last week (sorry, can't remember which), I think it was E89 to Shannon.

Other than that, spend the night
    - in a BnB down there, or
    - riding GoBus or CityLink to Dublin, followed by JJ Kavanagh back across the country leaving from Dublin around 12-midnightish (from memory).

(I'd choose the first option!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭philbo

thanks, think I'll go with the bus to dublin so at least I can catch the Ireland match somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Anybody know how the p!ss-artist got on?

Only joking, no offence intended.

LOL - he's still there - turns out he was full of s*ite - hence the need for the toilet :D:D:D

(people with the "sense of humour" chip missing, need not read). :P

Advertisement