Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't Be Stupid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It is sort of funny though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

ok god, poor guy! definitely funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I think Calina has a few stories like this - being soaked, with camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ouch!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

I came to close to that kind of situation a few years ago:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnfinn/525052387/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Haha the poor bloke but he seems a bit OTT. Sad about his camera gear!
    The only real consolation is that I am physically 100% OK. I could have been horribly injured/drowned by my overeager stupidity and I was not.
    It was a little 3/4foot wave.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

kjt wrote: »
    Haha the poor bloke but he seems a bit OTT. Sad about his camera gear!

It was a little 3/4foot wave.....

Agreed!

But I have been right where this was shot and 8 days out of 10 there is a wicked undertow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I do like the twist that his wife shot him being drowned.

CabanSail wrote: »
    his wife shot him being drowned.

Sounds a lot more violent than it was! :P

Sad story all the same. I'd feel like crying if I damaged any of my stuff, let along all of it in one go. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

If you are an amateur you can put your photo gear in your house insurance 'All risks - specified items' cover. It is quite cheap to do this (ie tens of euro, not hundreds...) . If you are living at home then the home owner could do it. not sure what the situ is if you are renting, but well worth researching....

- FoxT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

FoxT wrote: »
    not sure what the situ is if you are renting, but well worth researching....

If you're renting, you should have contents insurance, so you can add it to that.

That's all assuming you're 100% amateur, and don't earn a cent from photography. Otherwise, you need commercial insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

sad for the gear but hilarious :D

Advertisement