Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underworld - RDS 27th November

Options
  • 05-10-2010 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Yes boi!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya i saw this couple weeks bk fecking cracking up as its on same nite as top gear *Date was put back from September!!!*
    and i really wanted see Underworld!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Really looking forward to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've seen them at EP two years ago and yes, it was a brilliant set but from listening to their new album I've decided to give this a miss. God the album is shocking, truly awful. The last three tracks are only half decent, everything else is rubbish I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Dont see this selling well why the RDS ....:o

Underworld Version 3 ...I feel has lost its direction and edge.

I was a big fan of Underworld Version 2 ( with Darren Emerson ) saw them many times live including :

27/10/1995 @ Mean Fiddler, Dublin

05/06/1998 @ Redbox, Dublin

The Red Box one is stil one of my fav gigs of all time.

RedBox Setlist

1 Unknown Track (ID#10) (Bridge) "Bouncy bassline"

2 Dark Train / Nu Train

3 Juanita

4 Unknown Track (ID#11) (Bridge) "Synth attack"

5 Confusion The Waitress

6 King of Snake - Early version with different lyrics!

7 Born Slippy NUXX

8 Something Like A Mama

9 Banstyle

10 Jumbo

11 Cowgirl

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

I cannot wait for it! tickets on sale friday right?
    One of the main reasons i confess for going is to finally see born slippy live.
    Im sure many people have that one song that they would love to see live, born slippy is my one. check one off the bucket list will be on nov. 27th :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

@ddef They are already on sale on ticket master, and I bought mine on Monday. They're around 40 euro when you include booking fee.

I know it won't be the same as Underworld Mk2, but I missed them when they were at that EP a few years ago, so I'm dammed if I'm missing this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

never realy rated these guys, most of their albums have a few good tunes with the rest of them being ropey!! good live i suppose, won't be going myself!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Saw them in Marley Park a few years ago, great gig. If you want a taster of them live (or will be missing the gig) get the Everything Everything CD. One of the best albums I have.

Also agree they are well past their heyday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Dyflin wrote: »
    Saw them in Marley Park a few years ago, great gig. If you want a taster of them live (or will be missing the gig) get the Everything Everything CD. One of the best albums I have.

Also agree they are well past their heyday. :(
    totally agree that live album is class some of it was filmed at homelands in mosney back a few years.now that was some gig..also agree their well past it now.pity

Only hours to go,kinda!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'll have to give this a miss unfortunately, Rush will completely drain me out and I haven't heard great things about the sound at the RDS Simmonscourt.

If this bloody snow dont feck off I could be giving this one a miss myself,Wexford to Dublin in these conditions doesnt fill me with confidence especially when Im not driving!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Any idea if RDS Simmonscourt has a cloakroom, and whether it gets absolutely jammed? I want to dress up warm tonight but dont' want to either be stuck with the clothes or be in a queue for hours....

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Didn't get to go to this myself unfortunately,

How did it go?? & was it in The Same Simmonscourt cow shed where they have funderland????? Very suprised it wasn't in he RDS Main Hall.

Have to say, I had a great time, despite the fact that - as you say - it resembles a cow shed. They were in top form; glad I went along "early" as they started at 9, finished at 11.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Yeah, really enjoyed it! They are just the best. It didn't match the electric picnic experience but I dont think anything would have.
    They are brilliant though and I thought the sound was grand, I didn't think the lighting was anything amazing but born slippy, is, without a doubt, the best song in the world, ever. 14 years old (or more) and it is still a gem.

It was really annoying that there was a mile que for two tiny bars with only about four people serving and there was no cloak room for all the layers...

but the chunes made it all better.

I was also surprised the crowd was that young too.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭einshteen

Twas even better than picnic, didn't think that was possible. Best gig i've ever been to, we were in the front right with the glowsticks :)

Advertisement