Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Question about Kinect

• 05-10-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,

My OH is looking for Kinect for Christmas, he has an XBox 360, is the Kinect just an ad on or is it a new X Box altogether :o

I'm very confused by the whole thing! He says it's an ad on but I've googled it there and it looks like another console!

Thanks! Sorry for the ignorance!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hi,

My OH is looking for Kinect for Christmas, he has an XBox 360, is the Kinect just an ad on or is it a new X Box altogether :o

I'm very confused by the whole thing! He says it's an ad on but I've googled it there and it looks like another console!

Thanks! Sorry for the ignorance!!!
    It's an add-on to the console. The console has been redesigned recently so it may be the new console you're looking at that you think is Kinect. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It's just an add on. The pics you're seeing online are probably just of the new slim xbox - not much different to the older one. Kinect will work with your current machine just fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As the others say, it's just an add on. Go to the wiki page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect and you'll see it. It sits just under your tv. I think it's priced at something like €150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

humanji wrote: »
    I think it's priced at something like €150.
    Ya wha? :confused: I can't see it being a overly successful launch at that price. . .i definitely won't be going near it, I only want it for the "minority report" menu controls :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

theteal wrote: »
    Ya wha? :confused: I can't see it being a overly successful launch at that price. . .i definitely won't be going near it, I only want it for the "minority report" menu controls :cool:

On its own it will be 149.99 yoyo's, or with a 4Gb console 299.99 yoyo's.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

the 149.99 includes kinect adventures aswell. a fair price imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

€150 on it's own
    €300 with 4GB console
    €350 with 250 GB console

€150 seems steep but in comparison, the Wii in a complete package is usually €250 - €300 and PS Move with two controllers and camera is around €100, four controllers well passes out Kinect's €150 price tag

Advertisement