Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Provider help - Ashtown, D15

• 05-10-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi folks,

recently moved into an apartment in Rathbourne in Ashtown. Seems we can't get UPC for one reason or another, which would've been our original choice so I'm stuck in a bit of a rut now. I do quite a bit of work from home so I need a fast provider, preferably not more than 60e including line rental.

Basically I'm stuck between Eircom 8mb and Magnet 24mb, now obviously Magnet sounds better and is a tad cheaper, but does it live up to its billing? It's been a while since I lived in Dublin so I'm out of date on all this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What you actually get with Magnet 24Mbps will be dependant on the line. You won't know this until you order it. You'd be better off with Magnet over eircom anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cinnamono

Actually just rang magnet there, they go through the eircom line in Ashtown so we could only get the 8 meg, we'd have to pay eircom our line rental and it'd be more expensive than eircom.

Guess it'll have to be eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

hi,

moving to Rathborne area down there in a couple of weeks and just wondering did you go with eircom and is it ok? Seems to be our only option. The Cable Watch company are doing a pointless and expensive 2mb broadband set up now also..

Apologies for throwing in another Q (delete/divert if necessary) but with regards to Digital TV is Cable Watch our best/only option there?

Advertisement